See Where You Rank in Washington

View Poll Results: Which is Harder?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golf

81.36%
  • Soccer

18.64%
  1. Ok so im sure this topic has been discussed a million times but my friends and I are in a pretty heated debate right now about this. Would like to hear others opinions. If its possible, could an admin make this a poll as well thx.
  2. Golf

/thread
  3. golf by far
  4. I would make a poll, but doubt it would be close.

5. you have to be born with great athletic ability to be a pro soccer player, not so much a pro golfer. I'll go with soccer.
  6. golf

ainectc

whaler your logic is bass ackwards
    Edited By: Co1one1_Forbin Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:58 AM
  7. This is the easiest heated debate question ever. Golf is def harder.
    Originally Posted by whaler55 View Post

you have to be born with great athletic ability to be a pro soccer player, not so much a pro golfer. I'll go with soccer.

what the fuck?

Golf. Not close.
  9. What Tom said
  10. Are we are talking about getting good or mastering the game?

Just about anyone can get good at golf, but you have to be very athletic to get good at soccer.

Mastering golf is probably much harder.
    Edited By: yomamanodros Aug 5th, 2011 at 01:03 AM
  11. the question's weak. I'm going with which sport is it harder to be world class, make a living etc... if that's the question then it's soccer. if we mean go out and kick a ball in a goal or hit a golf ball, golf is harder. the hard part is being born with the athletic ability to be top notch. there are some pretty fat, unathletic pro golfers, not so much pro soccer players.
    Originally Posted by yomamanodros View Post

Are we are talking about getting good or mastering the game?

Just about anyone can get good at golf, but you have to be very athletic to get good at soccer.

was going to say this but couldnt word it right

almost anyone can master golf (with enough practice), not everyone can be great at soccer

golf is obviously harder to play at a casual level though
    Edited By: Hallettcopta Aug 5th, 2011 at 01:08 AM
    Originally Posted by yomamanodros View Post

Are we are talking about getting good or mastering the game?

impossible to master the game of golf
  14. well then they should rename the fucking tournament...
    Originally Posted by Hallettcopta View Post

almost anyone can master golf, not everyone can be great at soccer

Holy shit. no. no. no. no. no.
    Originally Posted by Hallettcopta View Post

almost anyone can master golf (with enough practice), not everyone can be great at soccer

There are only about 290 active players on the PGA Tour that have their tour card. So to actually play at a high level and qualify for the PGA tour, its real hard.
    Edited By: wantagolf Aug 5th, 2011 at 01:11 AM

well then they should rename the fucking tournament...

i agree

i also play soccer and golf pretty well....but i have to say golf is much harder

well then they should rename the fucking tournament...

LOOOL. i personally feel golf is a hell of a lot harder but this comment made me lol
  19. harder to watch? soccer
    Originally Posted by wantagolf View Post

There are only about 290 active players on the PGA Tour that have their tour card. So to actually play at a high level and qualify for the PGA tour, its real hard.

this..

how many soccer players play for a living?
    Edited By: shawdeep Aug 5th, 2011 at 01:14 AM
    Originally Posted by shawdeep View Post

impossible to master the game of golf

+1
    And hitting a tiny object into a tny hole from far away has to be harder than kicking a ball in a big net
  22. The main argument is mainly, if u had never played either sport before which one would be harder to pick up? Person siding with soccer is making argument that the reason there aren't as many good golfers is because its a rich mans sport.
  23. Plus to play on the tour you have to get through Q School. That in itself is super hard.

PGA Qualifying School or “Q School” as it is called is not actually school at all. It is a multi tournament regional proving ground. Q School is a 3 part tournament where you begin regionally and wind up playing a final 6 round tournament at a selected location.

The final stage is a 6 day 108 hole grueling tournament.

And then once you get on Tour, you can loose your card and then have to go back to Q School.

To give you an idea of what the level of play is at Q school, Billy Mayfair and Paul Stankowski were two that regained their cards in the 2010 PGA Qualifying Tournament. Mayfair and Stankowski have 7 previous PGA Tour victory’s to their credit.

Originally Posted by famous5ives View Post

+1
    And hitting a tiny object into a tny hole from far away has to be harder than kicking a ball in a big net

obviously you didn't watch the women's penalty kicks against Japan.
    Originally Posted by budo09 View Post

Holy shit. no. no. no. no. no.

just saying like

people who are fat, lazy, disabled, etc cant play soccer at all

you can be any physical type and can still be good at golf is all im saying
  26. i voted soccer because golf sucks

#ishankeverydrive #memad
  27. A seriously awful question/debate.

For those saying that "pretty much anyone can get good at golf with enough practice", the same is true for soccer. It's just that most people don't try and get good at it. Playing at a "high level" of soccer is just as "easy" to achieve, with commitment, as playing golf at a high level. Just because it involves cardio doesn't mean that it's harder to get good at.

Originally Posted by shawdeep View Post

this..

how many soccer players play for a living?

There are quite a few soccer players that play for a living, but about 2 billion play it when they are young, and my guess is that maybe 200 million people pick up a golf club at some point in their lives.

Those numbers could be way off, but my point is that soccer is a much much more popular game around the world than golf, so the talent pool is much much larger so there should be more professionals.
    Edited By: yomamanodros Aug 5th, 2011 at 01:26 AM

obviously you didn't watch the women's penalty kicks against Japan.

....womens

lol

fail
  30. whats harder for me? golf

whats harder for a fat person? soccer

lol