[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. they have copy, just not actual passport, thought i mentioned that

doesnt matter as I dont plan on skipping town or anything anyway, going to try and barter down to something reasonable, hoping 25k'ish
    Edited By: sacaniga Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    Thread StarterAdd sacaniga to Rail
  2. You sorta did, think I am following, through the work permit in your passport they can find you. Think that is what you were getting at
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  3. just report it stolen ffs

Add norv to Rail
    Originally Posted by norv View Post

just report it stolen ffs

I'm wondering if they may have repo'd it.
    Add El Burro to Rail
    Originally Posted by norv View Post

just report it stolen ffs

this

Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post

You sorta did, think I am following, through the work permit in your passport they can find you. Think that is what you were getting at

this

Originally Posted by El Burro View Post

I'm wondering if they may have repo'd it.

and this

are all things that hold validity, im just going to put it off and ignore it for a little while though... has worked out so far.

Got transfered back to the amurican restaurant, I dont think they were using the specials, I would go over in the afternoon and come up with specials, show them how to make them, then go to the other restaurant, and these guys would just tell the servers we didnt have any specials tonight cause they didnt want to make them haha, some of these jokers are the real deal. I'm sure they all view me as some sort of lazy hustler but we just cut different corners, I like to think there's an art to it, and these guys are not talented.

felt like a beast earlier today, 5 of the guys were trying to scoot this cast iron stove a few inches and it wasnt budging a bit, they all gave up and I wanted to see how heavy it was and gave it everything i had and nearly knocked it over, scooted it all the way into the wall and it was a pain in the ass to drag back out, that took some bamboo levers and shit, always amazes me, I've heard nothing but how tough these little bastards are but they dont have any strength.

Also to the guy with the Michigan back pack, if you looked up this thread, I lied to you, i've never lived in michigan, I just needed a ride to work and it seemed an appropriate conversation starter, sorry on that, appreciate the lift though.
  6. Just posting to say I love this thread. I didn't start reading it till a few days ago, but reading it all at once made it like a novel. It is an amazing story, at some points almost unbelievable. It makes me think twice at going to work nowadays...
    Add RWill2073 to Rail
  7. found it!

Add norv to Rail
  8. nice haha
  9. Norv doing work again.........
    Add kiro15 to Rail
  10. classic norv
    Add djg23 to Rail
  11. Gold.

"Also to the guy with the Michigan back pack, if you looked up this thread, I lied to you, i've never lived in michigan, I just needed a ride to work and it seemed an appropriate conversation starter, sorry on that, appreciate the lift though."
    Add skisteve to Rail
  12. Lol Norv.

Saca that tribute video is to the king. Probably the most beloved person by his own people in the entire world, it's gonna be a huge shitshow when he finally dies. That video and the way that everyone stands and makes sure all the tourists are up with hats off during is one of the things that really endeared me to Thailand. Can you imagine the shitshow if you were required to stand up to an Obama movie at home?

GG bike, been running around HK and Macau for the weekend and totally fell behind on the thread. Any word on Bangkok next month?
    Add zander to Rail
  13. yeah bike is gone, I may rent one tomorrow and go on one last mission before just paying for it, I talked to the rental place and they said 30k baht, I'm going to walk in there and tell them all I have is 18 but I dont have it on me, they can either accept it or call the tourist police and send me to jail and they'll get nothing, if they play ball i'll pull out the 18, but if they pick up the phone i'll just hand over the 30, not a big deal. thats like 50% of the entire bank roll I came over here with, pretty happy that a few months later I can just shrug it off

I think there is definitely a chance the place repo'd it and theyre just going to get paid for it as well, but what can I do. Its going to be awesome if I run into it in a few months though and get a surprise motorbike.
  14. Could it have been towed? did you call all the towing places?

I like your game with 18k now or just 30k if they grab the phone, lol classic
    Add Lengthwise905 to Rail

15. everyone I've spoken with on the issue says they dont tow bikes, they just put a chain on them and you have to call to get it off

there is a cage of bikes I guess somewhere that my buddy is going to take me to tomorrow, I guess if I left it in the middle of an intersection or something it would be there... although with the name and number of the rental place plastered on it i'm sure they would have been notified immediately and went and got it.

when I spoke with them earlier I acted like all was well at first and just said sorry i'm late i'll be by later with the monthly fee, they didnt seem shady at all, then I called back and asked if they towed it, they said no and I said it was stolen, they didnt seem surprised and said 30k I owe them, I called back an hour later and told them my thai friend just got off the phone with the police and they have it, so no worries... the guy on the line didnt care which lead me to believe all was legit, but then the owner called and was kinda weird, he asked "I have other customers who's motorbikes were towed, can you tell me exactly what number you called and what branch of police you spoke with that has your bike"? I thought it was strange, like he knew I was full of shit cause he had it or something... like i said though, shit happens. One lesson learned here, no matter how drunk you get, never leave your bike behind

going to get an std check tomorrow, all is well but Ive made some questionable plays and would like to buy a little peace of mind
    Edited By: sacaniga Jul 8th, 2013 at 06:22 PM
  16. If I had a rental out that long I would totally have someone look at it, see it's a pos now from damages, take it back without telling you, get you to pony up 30k baht. I would be HOPING you fucked it up. Either way I'm getting a new bike and probably a profit. Nobody wants an old fleet anyhow.

Dude probably gets them wholesale too so it's all good.
    Add skisteve to Rail
  17. yeah for sure, I dont feel any anger towards them if thats what played out, I handled the situation like an ass hole and they just played the game better than me
  18. No doubt bro, I'm giving them props too, can't hate the game. They probably make a huge chunk of profits off that scam. The rentals are just a cover. If I was you I would think about opening one of those businesses out the back of your kitchen.
    Add skisteve to Rail
  19. Seems like the best place to post this considering people reading this thread may have interest in SE Asia travel:

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/07/grea...delta-for-747/

Under $750 Delta roundtrip flights between LAX and Singapore

This fare is available for travel from August 21st-November 30th, and then again from January 1, 2014-May 20, 2014 for Monday through Thursday departures.

I like to use ITA Matrix free software to search for all the available fares and date ranges, etc... If you every fly and you aren't using ITA Matrix to search, you are missing out... get it, learn how to use it and how to search the codes (not difficult) and profit.

Hope this helps somebody get over the water.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  20. ^^^

thats an amazing deal
    Add ZachL to Rail
  21. And in other Bangcock news: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07...est=latestnews

"BANGKOK – Thai police announced Monday that they have arrested a Bangkok taxi driver accused of stabbing an American passenger to death in an argument over a fare worth less than $2......."
    Edited By: skeeze666 Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
    Originally Posted by skeeze666 View Post

I like to use ITA Matrix free software to search for all the available fares and date ranges, etc... If you every fly and you aren't using ITA Matrix to search, you are missing out... get it, learn how to use it and how to search the codes (not difficult) and profit.

Thanks, making some plans now. I couldn't find anything about promo codes though...
    Add userid363 to Rail
  23. I'll post more - you don't need promo codes, but you can use different codes for searching:

1) http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
    2) Search Calendar of Lowest Fares, put in a departing date, then put in a length of stay in nights (so, 1-3 or 3-25)
    3) Put in your departing and destination city codes
    4) Search and it will show you the lowest fares over the course of a month, and when you hover over the date it will show you the best prices for different length of stays

5) If you find something you like you go book it directly on the airline website

6)The codes come in if you want to get more advanced to find great deals. You can enter multiple departing and destination cities in the fields - Example is DTW for Detroit, then click on the Nearby link and select all the other airports you are willing to fly out of, or into..

Then - click on the Advanced Routing Codes button and it will bring up another field... Click on the ? and it will give you a bunch of codes you can add in... example, if you want to fly Boston to LA and definitely want a layover in Dallas to visiti a friend or something, you can put in a code that will only search flights with a stop in Dallas...etc... tons of codes to use for that shit, but if you only care about point A to point B for lowest fare they don't really matter... I like it because I can search for non stop only on Delta etc, which I earn most of my status and miles on...

Anyway... play around with it and you may find some incredible deals.... I went to Puerto Rico last year just because I was searching random places to take a trip and plugged in some routes and found round trip for $245 from Detroit... with hotel points for my stay and car rental certificates, it was a cheap trip.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  24. Yeah ITA is the shit, but if you're flying into SE Asia you also gotta crosscheck with AirAsia because it's completely insane cheap fares around the region are one of the prime reasons I still live here. Spent the weekend in HK and Macau for under $150, bought a 5-flight circular trip around Borneo and back to KL last November for $65 total, can sometimes fly to Langkawi Island for $20 round trip, currently can find some BKK round trips for under 40 bucks if you are looking months in advance. This week there's a massive sale on AirAsia if you buy by 14th July, but the fares are only good from Feb to Juneish of next year.
    Add zander to Rail
  25. I had a 4-5 hour flight from Bangkok to Bali for $20 on Air Asia. Didn't take it when I had the chance, next day I paid like $44 lol. Think I have flown Air Asia 9x, they are the nuts
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  26. Yeah I can't speak to inter-Asia fares etc... Every time I fly internationally I use miles... never paid for an international flight in my life.
    Add skeeze666 to Rail
  27. Are peanuts included?
    Add skisteve to Rail
  28. police dont have it, I feel its 50% motorbike place grabbed it, 10% stolen, 40% sitting on some street somewhere. Making one final attempt today, my buddy is picking me up, we're going to the last place I remember being, and we're going to get bombed, and hopefully the night plays out the same way and we find it, i'm even going to wear the same clothes in case someone recognizes me and can offer any advice on what i was up to
  29. lol you got drunk and lost your bike and/or somebody stole it. The moto place having it is like 1%
    Edited By: Zeppelin Jul 9th, 2013 at 08:44 AM
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  30. It's saca tho. Obv an international scooter gang is involved
    Add norcaljeff to Rail