[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. I've had mine about 2 years, just payed my bill yesterday, and at the same time there was a $29 dollar "Capital One Member Fee" for this month. What the shit? I was never notified I would be charged for this..

Anyone had this charge appear before? Easy to get waived?
  2. eh Capital One gets the lowest rating for customer satisfaction (prolly cuz of ish like this). i would never get a card with them.

3. Wasn't aware of that, and really haven't had any problems the last 2 years at all. Was just anxious to start building up a little credit couple years back and took the first decent offer I got. Bout to call em tho.
  4. They'll waive it if you call and bitch, but from now on they'll charge you the annual fee every year - they did the same thing to me - apparently it's in the fine print that they can start charging you an annual fee after the first few years -that's what made me cancel my capital one card
    Originally Posted by gillabong View Post

Wasn't aware of that, and really haven't had any problems the last 2 years at all. Was just anxious to start building up a little credit couple years back and took the first decent offer I got. Bout to call em tho.

ya the bigger the company the more fine print their is. go to a local fed cred union, theyll treat u alot better. or even amex if u can.

6. Not sure about annual fees but I got the "Due to the current economic environment, we are raising your interest rate 10%!!!" I've never paid late so don't know why they would try to fuck me like this, but as soon as I pay this baby off I'm sticking it in the freezer and not using it again (except for emergencies.)
  7. Yeah honestly I don't have any money and hardly use the card at all, definitely never need to. If they don't waive it, I'm jus gonna close my account or at least threaten to.
  8. That what's bad about these things because closing your account could lower your credit rating (I don't know your situation.) That's the main reason I don't close mine. The oldest account I have is a credit card from years back that charges me an annual fee. I'd love to get rid of it, but don't want to hurt my score. I don't really need to borrow any right now (my current balance is the result of a bad weekend in Vegas...) but you never know what's gonna happen...
  9. I know, I don't want to do it this way but I think threating will be enough to waive the fee....then if that gets done I'll go about the more proper way of closing the acct there.

Btw these financial forums always keep saying to call the backdoor number for a better service/results....can't find one for C1 tho, does anyone have one?
  10. Lucky bastard. My annual fee with them is $59. Calling them and bitching does nothing. The cunt just sat there reading 100 different offers to me for over the limit protection and all that crap (although I never carry a balance). The only reason I keep the card is because it helps my credit score.
  11. Just spoke to the biggest douche nozzle CSR. He tells me the fee is non waivable, and that it pays for stuff like changing my address, paper statments, and card itself and the magnetic strip. Oh and it's just a bargain because "other credit card companies charge just to use customer service!"
  12. It's in the fine print....no hassle my ass. I recently closed mine and it's huge interest rate.
  13. I've had mine for about 5 years, never an annual fee and the lowest interest rate of any of my cards, been pretty good to me fwiw
  14. Move to a more reputable card issuer. Yes, I understand others can talk about "xyz" also tried this and that, there are other issuers that are far better on customer service and not having to deal with such matters.

GL
  15. Yeah I closed the account it a fit of fury after he said it pays for changing my address. Well really I jus wanted to threaten to do it and instantly he goes Ok I can do that....your account is closed.

I just called back to reopen the account...lol
  16. *capital one is the worst pay them off cancel your shit immediately and go to chase or boa or something.*

i had a capital one card for about 3 years *and it was the biggest joke ever. every month there were new fees or taxes it was complete bullshit.*
    Originally Posted by NUTZREALHUGE View Post

capital one is the worst pay them off cancel your shit immediately and go to chase or boa or something.

exactly
  18. Not even sure why I jus requested to reopen the account...I got a short fuse for bullshit like this. Prob jus keep it open n not use it....What about wachovia? Got a nice offer from them this week
    Originally Posted by NUTZREALHUGE View Post

*capital one is the worst pay them off cancel your shit immediately and go to chase or boa or something.*

i had a capital one card for about 3 years *and it was the biggest joke ever. every month there were new fees or taxes it was complete bullshit.*

chase isnt horrible but BofA is 2nd worst when it comes to customer satisfaction. the bigger the company the less they care about you (as is obv by him auto shutting ur acct down after trying to steal money from you for, looool, changing your address)