1. Are you trying to say Al Gore isnt American? Not sure I follow.
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  2. Tim Berners-Lee <<<< chur
    Add frazze2 to Rail
  3. After a bit of reading on the history it was british and american scientists. chur chur
    Add frazze2 to Rail
  4. I think the first communications between computers was between American Universities

    Not a topic I know much if anything about
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  5. I think theres a difference between the world wide web and the internet. The internet was invented by americans. the world wide web was invented in 1989 or 1990. The internet has been around since the 60's.

    "The origins of the Internet reach back to research of the 1960s, commissioned by the United States government in collaboration with private commercial interests to build robust, fault-tolerant, and distributed computer networks. The funding of a new U.S. backbone by the National Science Foundation in the 1980s, as well as private funding for other commercial backbones, led to worldwide participation in the development of new networking technologies, and the merger of many networks. The commercialization of what was by the 1990s an international network resulted in its popularization and incorporation into virtually every aspect of modern human life. As of 2011, more than 2.2 billion people – nearly a third of Earth's population — use the services of the Internet."

    Im still giving america the credit
    Edited By: XXEDPXX Sep 17th, 2012 at 08:27 AM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  6. Canadians invented insulin, your welcome America
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
  7. Americans import all there talent.
    Edited By: frazze2 Sep 17th, 2012 at 09:17 AM
    Add frazze2 to Rail
  8.  
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

    If a doctor had saved hundreds of lives but was also a serial killer who killed a few dozen, should we judge him in totality of his actions as you request of our foreign policy?

    I was thinking along these lines as I was reading through the last page of responses. I was going to go with a husband that provides for his kids, but also beats his wife. Does the good outweigh the bad?
    Add SevenCostanza to Rail
  9.  
    Originally Posted by frazze2 View Post

    Americans import all there talent.

    Uhh ya, thats why it's called America. We all showed up fresh at one point.
    Add xxbossmanxx to Rail
  10.  
    Originally Posted by frazze2 View Post

    America draws the best talent from all over the world because we're fuckin awesome.

    good point
     
    Add clemsonrich to Rail
  11.  
    Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

    a bunch of moranic words

    you are amazing at the internetz
    Add Lameass_ to Rail
  12. quit hatin

    I'm a planeswalker just like you bro.

    I've got a mint condition Yawgmoth's Will signed by Richard Garfield. It's yours for the right price.
    Edited By: XXEDPXX Sep 18th, 2012 at 12:06 AM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  13. Because we have free speech and our women are whores, according to former PM and most influential man in Malaysian history Dr. Mahathir:

    http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/m...us-free-speech

    Cliffs of article: "Free speech is horrible because it lets you say terrible things about people and you shouldn't do that. P.S. American women are whores."

    This coming from one of the theoretically more open and tolerant Muslim countries.
    Add zander to Rail
  14.  
    Originally Posted by SevenCostanza View Post

    I was thinking along these lines as I was reading through the last page of responses. I was going to go with a husband that provides for his kids, but also beats his wife. Does the good outweigh the bad?


    no it doesn't
     
    Add norv to Rail
  15.  
    Originally Posted by SevenCostanza View Post

    I was thinking along these lines as I was reading through the last page of responses. I was going to go with a husband that provides for his kids, but also beats his wife. Does the good outweigh the bad?

    need pics of the wife to decide
    Add ScottBrewr99 to Rail
  16. side note: I haven't read the last ohh 10 pages or so. That being said, it's common practice for Canadians to wear the maple leaf flag on their back pack / hat / shirt etc, so as not to be confused as Americans. I recently travelled all over Europe, and did not follow this practice. Prior to any indication that I was Canadian I was quite often treated like shit... I guess this could be construed as perception on my part, however my opinion is that this is 100% the case (and I think euro's will back me) I don't have anything against Americans, in fact I own a property in PHX, however I know based on experience, other cultures treat Americans different, even if Americans don't realise it. I've had many encounters, I'd venture to say 25/30 where I was originally identified as an american. After clarifying myself as Canadian, I would get responses like "oh thank god, I hate Americans..... Or Canadians are so much nicer than Americans.... etc ,etc. Quite often I think it's american ignorance, that leads other cultures to despise them, and additionally contributes to their "not knowing" they are hated. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Again the opinions stated are based on my experience. That being said I know there is a general disdain for Americans in Canada (as far as I'm concerned it's not my perspective, but it's also NOT up for debate, it's fact) I know there is a general disdain for Americans in Europe as well..... why it is, I'm not really sure, however I'm confident it's not a jealousy factor (generally this is the common retort) Personally,and I'm trying to remain as unbiased as possible, but I think it's the whole American bravado that "we are the best country in the world everyone else can suck my nut" basically a big f u to the world... instead of being proud, appreciative, educated and respectful.......THAT specifically is why most countries hate..... you must show respect to earn respect....
    Add Camronius to Rail
  17.  
    Originally Posted by frazze2 View Post

    Americans import all there talent.

    Youre really on a hating frenzy huh?

    Actually we subjugated the indigenous culture and then opened our doors to people looking for freedom. Now we want to close those doors, unless you have a degree in computer science.
    Add rayspizza to Rail
  18.  
    Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

    In the 20th century Americans invented the television, the airplane, the internet. they made owning a car attainable and changed the world with the assembly line. I could go on and on about technology come up with by Americans over the last 150 years. Think about that shit. Pretty much most of the important shit that makes up our lives was invented by Americans in the last 150 or so years. The light bulb. Its crazy how many things people throughout the world take for granted everyday that was invented by americans in a short matter of time. Sure,our foreign policy may suck. But our country promotes the evolution of man. For the first time in history there was a country where man was rewarded accordingly for his ingenuity. He was rewarded for his genius and it showed. What the fuck motivation does a communist have for coming up with new technology? He isnt rewarded for it. He receives no pleasure or praise for his accomplishment. Man doesnt evolve at nearly the same rate. Our practices have developed men and women who have changed the world at an alarming rate. Were a polarizing country. You cant deny that. I can understand why people hate us. But at the same time look at all the shit we've done the last 100-150 years. We basically fucking invented everything we use in our daily lives short of the automobile. And even with that were responsible for everyone owning one and making it affordable. What the fuck did we not invent? But yeah, were a stain on the earth. People around the world say that shit and then spend the rest of their day using shit invented by us. We basically shaped their everyday lives. Have more of a positive influence on their day than the rest of the world combined. Then they shit on us. The computer they use was invented by us. The TV they watch was invented by us. The radio they listened to was invented by us. They drive a car because of us. They have light in their house because of us. They can get on the internet because of us. We basically shape 90% of their day based off shit we've invented in the last century or so.

    You indirectly nailed on the head why Americans are hated.... YOU YOU YOU, you couldn't give a flying fuck what the rest of the world has done for you, because you are too awesome and self absorbed to care. I'm not sure I'm convinced half of the shit you claim ownership of is actually American bread... regardless if you were humble and respectful and cognisant of the rest of the worlds accomplishments, you probably wouldn't receive the backlash you get... Nobody denies how important, powerful, influential, etc, the US is on the rest of the world.... A true leader leads by example, they don't brag and shove rhetoric down the throats of those who will or are forced to listen.
    Add Camronius to Rail
  19.  
    Originally Posted by frazze2 View Post

    haha im not hating i was just trolling, but as you guys rightly say , all came from somewhere outside the usa. mostly england << like ausy and here nz , family moved from england back in the days.. long live the queen. hate on me now ........................................
    y

    h
    Add frazze2 to Rail
  20.  
    Originally Posted by Camronius View Post

    You indirectly nailed on the head why Americans are hated.... YOU YOU YOU, you couldn't give a flying fuck what the rest of the world has done for you, because you are too awesome and self absorbed to care. I'm not sure I'm convinced half of the shit you claim ownership of is actually American bread... regardless if you were humble and respectful and cognisant of the rest of the worlds accomplishments, you probably wouldn't receive the backlash you get... Nobody denies how important, powerful, influential, etc, the US is on the rest of the world.... A true leader leads by example, they don't brag and shove rhetoric down the throats of those who will or are forced to listen.

    I agree with this guy , americans are numb skulls. the smart ones admit this fact lol.
    Add frazze2 to Rail
  21. and lol at the posts assuming it's all due to religious beliefs... like Christianity isn't in the majority for the rest of the world....fucking ignorance... it isn't just islam that has a hate on.... it's all over.. you have canadians/euro's/auzies just for a small example telling you similar things. It's the bravado the arrogance, the entitlement. Be proud, but be humble. It's simple.
    Add Camronius to Rail
  22.  
    Originally Posted by frazze2 View Post

    I agree with this guy , americans are numb skulls. the smart ones admit this fact lol.

    apparently respect for reading comprehension and intelligence can be varied anywhere in the world... this post signifies that. You sir are a fucking tard.
    Add Camronius to Rail
  23. Add frazze2 to Rail
  24.  
    Originally Posted by Camronius View Post

    apparently respect for reading comprehension and intelligence can be varied anywhere in the world... this post signifies that. You sir are a fucking tard.

    i was trolling you fucking moron hahahahhahahhaha
    Add frazze2 to Rail
  25.  
    Originally Posted by frazze2 View Post

    i was trolling you fucking moron hahahahhahahhaha


    You are sooooooooooo fucking awesome.... hard on... totally got me... wow hahahahahahahahhahahahahahha extra ha. Fuck I've never seen someone get someone so good, more hard on followed by death plus cock breath minus your sisters anus plus granny's cavernous twat exponentially conversed to the amount of vagina you'll never have but wish you had in your life time.
    Add Camronius to Rail
  26. Add frazze2 to Rail
  27.  
    Originally Posted by Camronius View Post

    side note: I haven't read the last ohh 10 pages or so. That being said, it's common practice for Canadians to wear the maple leaf flag on their back pack / hat / shirt etc, so as not to be confused as Americans. I recently travelled all over Europe, and did not follow this practice. Prior to any indication that I was Canadian I was quite often treated like shit... I guess this could be construed as perception on my part, however my opinion is that this is 100% the case (and I think euro's will back me) I don't have anything against Americans, in fact I own a property in PHX, however I know based on experience, other cultures treat Americans different, even if Americans don't realise it. I've had many encounters, I'd venture to say 25/30 where I was originally identified as an american. After clarifying myself as Canadian, I would get responses like "oh thank god, I hate Americans..... Or Canadians are so much nicer than Americans.... etc ,etc. Quite often I think it's american ignorance, that leads other cultures to despise them, and additionally contributes to their "not knowing" they are hated. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Again the opinions stated are based on my experience. That being said I know there is a general disdain for Americans in Canada (as far as I'm concerned it's not my perspective, but it's also NOT up for debate, it's fact) I know there is a general disdain for Americans in Europe as well..... why it is, I'm not really sure, however I'm confident it's not a jealousy factor (generally this is the common retort) Personally,and I'm trying to remain as unbiased as possible, but I think it's the whole American bravado that "we are the best country in the world everyone else can suck my nut" basically a big f u to the world... instead of being proud, appreciative, educated and respectful.......THAT specifically is why most countries hate..... you must show respect to earn respect....

    In general, I find national pride pretty gross, but even more offensive is treating someone differently based on where they were born. If Euros, Canadians, or others treat me with contempt based on my citizenship, then my lack caring is not based on ignorance, it's based on me considering them unworthy of my consideration due to being complete fucking idiots.
    Add rayspizza to Rail
  28. I wonder what this would look like if it were a "Why does everyone hate Islam?" thread.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  29. it would have a lot more NCJ
    Add rayspizza to Rail
  30. Originally Posted by XXEDPXX

    In the 20th century Americans invented the television, the airplane, the internet. they made owning a car attainable and changed the world with the assembly line. I could go on and on about technology come up with by Americans over the last 150 years. Think about that shit. Pretty much most of the important shit that makes up our lives was invented by Americans in the last 150 or so years. The light bulb. Its crazy how many things people throughout the world take for granted everyday that was invented by americans in a short matter of time. Sure,our foreign policy may suck. But our country promotes the evolution of man. For the first time in history there was a country where man was rewarded accordingly for his ingenuity. He was rewarded for his genius and it showed. What the fuck motivation does a communist have for coming up with new technology? He isnt rewarded for it. He receives no pleasure or praise for his accomplishment. Man doesnt evolve at nearly the same rate. Our practices have developed men and women who have changed the world at an alarming rate. Were a polarizing country. You cant deny that. I can understand why people hate us. But at the same time look at all the shit we've done the last 100-150 years. We basically fucking invented everything we use in our daily lives short of the automobile. And even with that were responsible for everyone owning one and making it affordable. What the fuck did we not invent? But yeah, were a stain on the earth. People around the world say that shit and then spend the rest of their day using shit invented by us. We basically shaped their everyday lives. Have more of a positive influence on their day than the rest of the world combined. Then they shit on us. The computer they use was invented by us. The TV they watch was invented by us. The radio they listened to was invented by us. They drive a car because of us. They have light in their house because of us. They can get on the internet because of us. We basically shape 90% of their day based off shit we've invented in the last century or so.

     
    Originally Posted by Camronius View Post

    You indirectly nailed on the head why Americans are hated.... YOU YOU YOU, you couldn't give a flying fuck what the rest of the world has done for you, because you are too awesome and self absorbed to care. I'm not sure I'm convinced half of the shit you claim ownership of is actually American bread... regardless if you were humble and respectful and cognisant of the rest of the worlds accomplishments, you probably wouldn't receive the backlash you get... Nobody denies how important, powerful, influential, etc, the US is on the rest of the world.... A true leader leads by example, they don't brag and shove rhetoric down the throats of those who will or are forced to listen.

    +1

    Disagree about the disdain for Americans though.
    Maybe in Europe, as I unfortunately have not been.

    Judge each person as an individual.
    oftentimes more is less.
    Add Tracy_Ham to Rail