[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. yeahhh. aren't they all still from Santa, dickhead?
  2. if he wants old people give him old people.

theres prolly some old person house close that would love to watch your kid unwrap his presents.

Originally Posted by iamthedeck ftw View Post

uhhh ya. Cmon man so they donate a dollar amount to a charity so that you can see? wtf

Well I guess they can buy me something so I can return it and donate the money myself. What's the difference? Aren't you supposed to get people what they want or what will make them happy as opposed to what will make you happy?
  4. Maybe when he says old people he's referring to more mature parents to oversee his growth and development while his real ones battle each other out for gift supremacy. I think he's sending you a message.

Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

it'stimetostoppostingnow.jpg

ummm... no. did u just make 3 threads in 15 minutes? chill da fuck out bish

Quoted so my wife knows why I make her call me AMARTIN in bed
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

A psychiatrist.

hahahahahaha I was sorta thinking the same thing.
  6. I see where you're coming from, but he's three dude. You could give a wrapped up empty box and he won't care. All is worry about is making sure he has a fun day with all his family happy and stuff.
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Amazes me how many people treat Christmas gift giving as an exercise to satisfy their own personal enjoyment rather than to make someone else feel good.

lol... that's what u got from that story... u've got problems

Originally Posted by JKoblyn View Post

Maybe when he says old people he's referring to more mature parents to oversee his growth and development while his real ones battle each other out for gift supremacy. I think he's sending you a message.

Quoted so my wife knows why I make her call me AMARTIN in bed

wooohoooo yeaaahhhhhhhh
    Originally Posted by killingbird View Post

take him to visit a rest home...play games with the residents, etc. They will love it.

I like this idea.
    Originally Posted by deadeyehank View Post

I see where you're coming from, but he's three dude. You could give a wrapped up empty box and he won't care. All is worry about is making sure he has a fun day with all his family happy and stuff.

10. I have a buddy that works at a nursing home that can get you a good deal.

lol... that's what u got from that story... u've got problems

You're such an idiot. How do you completely ignore what post I responded to when making that statement?
  12. i'm an idiot??? u had a problem with parents making a joke with their kids that was genuinely funny. FUCK OFF
    Originally Posted by PoWdA View Post

So yeah... My son is 3. If you ask him what he wants for Christmas he says "cars...... and old people." I gave it a week thinking he was just being funny or confused or something but apparently my son truly wants old people for Christmas. he is telling his mother, grandma, and great grandma all the same thing.

Anyway, I just got a text from my ex (his mom) that is a pic of a little car with old people in it she is going to give him. Obviously this can't stand and I must get him a better version of an "old people" gift.

So, if a 3-year old said he wanted old people for Christmas what would OT get him?

I am serious here, something I can gift him that blows his moms gift away would be awesome.

Also wanted to take the chance to thank OT for their suggestions for my company white elephant party. Shake weight was a great success!

i'm an idiot??? u had a problem with parents making a joke with their kids that was genuinely funny. FUCK OFF

Pretty sure it was funny for everyone but the kid, so Dyz has a point this time.

How do you guys manage to get mad in almost every thread? Lol
    Originally Posted by killingbird View Post

take him to visit a rest home...play games with the residents, etc. They will love it.

This is what I was gonna say. There are thousands of elderly people at nursing homes who are alone and have no loved ones left. Take him there on Christmas day and let him visit with some of them. He will probably love it and you will brighten someones day.
    Originally Posted by edwardt1988 View Post

Pretty sure it was funny for everyone but the kid, so Dyz has a point this time.

How do you guys manage to get mad in almost every thread? Lol

^^^ This. Pretty sure Christmas is supposed to be so you see joy on your kid's faces, not to make fun of them.
  17. As many others have already stated, do not make this a competition to see who can give the best gift. This is definitely not going to end well if you continue on that path. Like one of the other posters, why not make all the gifts to him from both of you?

Take the high road.
    Originally Posted by JKoblyn View Post

Maybe when he says old people he's referring to more mature parents to oversee his growth and development while his real ones battle each other out for gift supremacy. I think he's sending you a message.

Awesome! haha

Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

A psychiatrist.

This or spelling lessons

Originally Posted by wantagolf View Post

Get him these guys.

This might work if you can't afford the above recommendations
    Originally Posted by SevenCostanza View Post

this

that's a good idea. never heard of it done before, but then again don't have many divorced friends with kids. you do the same for birthdays?

Yes we do. We can even be on terms where we don't talk at all to one another but still manage to make sure gifts are from both of us.
    Originally Posted by wantagolf View Post

Get him these guys.

Haven't read the whole thread, so not sure if someone said it already (probably have), but these guys in a Power Wheel = game over.
    Edited By: FI5HMAN Dec 15th, 2011 at 07:01 PM
    Reason: typo nitting

Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Amazes me how many people treat Christmas gift giving as an exercise to satisfy their own personal enjoyment rather than to make someone else feel good.

Its just a joke. I wouldnt take the stance you have at all. I am gonna kind of expand slightly on what you're saying though. I hate the type of people who get others what they find interesting or want and dont even think about the receiver of the gift. my brother is one of these people. Whatever he happens to be into at the time that reflects his gifts to other people. He was huge into politics a few years ago so for my birthday I got Ron Pauls book. I read the first chapter I think. He is getting better though. Thus years Christmas gift is pretty bad ass. He found this site that takes old NES games and updates them. Changes the game around completely in some instances. You send in your cartridge and they update the game. He got me Tecmo Super Bowl. So now it has all the updated rosters and all 32 teams. Its still the same game but the rosters and everything are updated. I've seen this on the internet for years but never in this fashion. Where you actually send in the cartridge. It sounds pretty cool
    Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

He found this site that takes old NES games and updates them. Changes the game around completely in some instances. You send in your cartridge and they update the game. He got me Tecmo Super Bowl. So now it has all the updated rosters and all 32 teams. Its still the same game but the rosters and everything are updated. I've seen this on the internet for years but never in this fashion. Where you actually send in the cartridge. It sounds pretty cool

that is badass
  24. I still think like a 3 year old most of the time. I 100% guarantee that the kid has something very specific in mind that he has seen somewhere. His interpretation of what he has seen is "old people" or "cars and old people." It could eb from a commercial, a TV show, a news story, a twisted version of something some other kid told him at preschool etc...

Take some time to talk to your kid and try and solve this little mystery. First it will improve your communication with the little spud and show how important he is to you. Second you are very likely to get a huge laugh when you actually figure out what triggered the request. Third it will COMPLETELY trump mom if you can actually figure this out and completely ace the gift.

You're welcome.

25. Simple...many homeless people are old. capture one and tie him in your backyard or if the weather is bad chain him in the basement.

Explain to your son that okay here is this old person you wanted but he is your responabilty and you need to take care of him or you will take him to the homeless shelter.

win win....Homeless guy gets a family and your son gets to learn about life and things
  26. http://chzallnighter.files.wordpress...-dos-equis.jpg
    Edited By: jesterwords Dec 16th, 2011 at 01:33 PM
    Originally Posted by cizastro View Post

As many others have already stated, do not make this a competition to see who can give the best gift. This is definitely not going to end well if you continue on that path. Like one of the other posters, why not make all the gifts to him from both of you?

Take the high road.

I am failing to realize how having presents come from mommy and daddy will be of value? Keep in mind I grew up in a family with both of my parents (they are still married) so i have never been down this road before. I am thinking about talking to his mother about this but I would have to have sound reasoning.* For all I know she already bought him a bunch of gifts "from mommy and shawn." Shawn is the loser douchebag fiance.

So yeah, I need arguments to support why this is the correct play and I will go for it.

* I am not trying to imply that his mom is reasonable or mature in any sense of the word here, just trying to imply that she fights everything I suggest every step of the way so best to be prepared to explain why this would be a good idea because I am not getting it.

Originally Posted by snaggs View Post

I still think like a 3 year old most of the time. I 100% guarantee that the kid has something very specific in mind that he has seen somewhere. His interpretation of what he has seen is "old people" or "cars and old people." It could eb from a commercial, a TV show, a news story, a twisted version of something some other kid told him at preschool etc...

Take some time to talk to your kid and try and solve this little mystery. First it will improve your communication with the little spud and show how important he is to you. Second you are very likely to get a huge laugh when you actually figure out what triggered the request. Third it will COMPLETELY trump mom if you can actually figure this out and completely ace the gift.

You're welcome.

This is the line I have been thinking of taking. I am thinking the same thing. When he says "old people" it is something very specific and I need to find out what he means.
    Edited By: PoWdA Dec 16th, 2011 at 01:57 PM
  28. In all seriousness.

I have a 21 year old, a 12 year old, and an 8 year old.

Want to know how to know what to get your kid?

Flat out ask them. Pry, squeeze every last ounce of parenting out of yourself to talk to the kid into explaining exactly what it is that he is referencing. My kids always got the gift they wanted most each year from Santa... because I asked them.
  29. Powda...don't go the shared-gift route. If your ex is how you're explaining her to be, it will be more of a headache, and she'll prob think you're trying to tag on to her gifts cause you're lazy or broke. Plus, who wants from: mom, dad, and shawn on their gift? lol

Just go out and buy your son something he wants. Don't make it a competition...it doesn't have to be better than his moms.