[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1.  
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

    You people ...

    I'm against it.
    Add Numan to Rail
  2.  
    Originally Posted by Numan View Post

    I'm against it.

    You people = eyeknows and moobs. I am against them.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  3. If not for the phrase "you people," we might have had President Ross Perot.
    Add Numan to Rail
  4.  
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

    You people = eyeknows and moobs. I am against them.

    don't get it twisted. you are against a whooollllleee bunch of ppl ITT saying "race had something to do with it".

    But in actuality, NO ONE KNOWS. it may, it may not. And everyone will have their own opinion on it.

    Not sure whats wrong about that, or why ur so butthurt about ppl that don't think the way you do. It's quite funny actually.

    PS if i knew how to multiquote, i could give you a page-long set of quotes from different ppl ITT saying "you're an idiot if you think race had nothing to do with this" so again, you're against a whole lot of ppl.
    Add moobs96 to Rail
  5.  
    Originally Posted by p00pymcp00perton View Post

    BS how? Black people get the same treatment as white people in the criminal justice system? If you think that's the case, I have a nice bridge to sell you.

    Lay down some facts for me then bridge man.

     
    Originally Posted by CaptinMorgan View Post

    I don't consider myself a race baiter, far from it, but I stick by my original assumption, a black guy doesn't walk out the front doors of a police station the same night he kills a unarmed white/Hispanic guy.

    Took me all of 2 seconds to find a case where a black man indeed walked away after shooting an unarmed white man.

    http://www.dominionofnewyork.com/201.../#.T4cXoasV28A

     
    Originally Posted by AmSlim22 View Post

    i think stuff like this does more to perpetuate racism in this country than al sharpton leading a rally:

    Arguable that it causes MORE damage, but I totally agree with you about the confederate flag being divisive.
    Add StlngMyChps to Rail
  6.  
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

    You people = eyeknows and moobs. I am against them.

     
    Originally Posted by moobs96 View Post

    PS if i knew how to multiquote, i could give you a page-long set of quotes from different ppl ITT saying "you're an idiot if you think race had nothing to do with this" so again, you're against a whole lot of ppl.

    and I am pretty sure EyeKnows is not one of them, haven't gone back to see but I don't think I ever commented about race having anything to do with this. I might have said it could have had something to do with it but I don't think I even said that. I do remember poking at hypocrites - something I am kinda consistent about doing.

    willy saying, "race had nothing to do w it" and his constant yammer "we can't know yet" is hypocritical - we don't know if race had anything to do with this yet.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  7. if you said it "could" have something to do with it. then you are against willy.

    i used that quote simply because I remember something to that extent the last time WW said race had nothing to do with the incident. but grouping everyone that mentioned race may have played a role..
    Add moobs96 to Rail
  8. nothing brings out the herpderps and carnies like a discussion of racial issues.

    not directed at the poster above me, but a thread full of herpderping
    Edited By: Neeek Apr 12th, 2012 at 08:41 PM
    Add Neeek to Rail
  9. I'm for numan.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  10. If elected, I shall not serve.
    Add Numan to Rail
  11.  
    Originally Posted by AmSlim22 View Post

    maybe i misread and was tossing u in with willy and lefty who seem unhappy the way this has gone. u did seem to think that this wasnt an example of justice or was that not u.

    i thought a guy said something like, "finally justice" and u said, "u don't get it."

    so to clarify u are as fine with the arrest as u were with no arrest? since u have no clue what happened?

    I am fine with the arrest as long there is evidence warranting it (meaning it's not for political reasons or b/c the public is all up in arms). As I've said from the beginning we don't know what happened yet (if we ever will know what exactly happened, obv)


     
    Originally Posted by moobs96 View Post

    don't get it twisted. you are against a whooollllleee bunch of ppl ITT saying "race had something to do with it".

    But in actuality, NO ONE KNOWS. it may, it may not. And everyone will have their own opinion on it.

    Not sure whats wrong about that, or why ur so butthurt about ppl that don't think the way you do. It's quite funny actually.

    PS if i knew how to multiquote, i could give you a page-long set of quotes from different ppl ITT saying "you're an idiot if you think race had nothing to do with this" so again, you're against a whole lot of ppl.

    bolded. hit the multiquote button (for each one you want to quote, then hit reply to thread, or "quote" on the last one you are quoting. glgl) not saying you need to quote what you were talking about, just fyi
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  12. send me your invoice. consulting ain't cheap.
    Add moobs96 to Rail
  13.  
    Originally Posted by StlngMyChps View Post

    Lay down some facts for me then bridge man.

    You first. It's your assertion that this is BS>
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  14.  
    Originally Posted by p00pymcp00perton View Post

    You first. It's your assertion that this is BS>

    So you say "the justice system is racist" I say prove it. And you think it's up to me to prove you wrong??????? Let me guess, you're a religious man too....
    Add StlngMyChps to Rail
  15. They suck. They all suck.
    Add xxbossmanxx to Rail
  16.  
    Originally Posted by StlngMyChps View Post

    So you say "the justice system is racist" I say prove it. And you think it's up to me to prove you wrong??????? Let me guess, you're a religious man too....

    in regards to the death penalty you would have to be blind to not see the disparity. I can't speak for petty crime sentences or anything like that but would generally defer to someone who actually works in law (although I understand biases exist there too, it's just, ya know, his specialty).

    in fairness though, i must point out p00py earlier in this thread tried to show how racist the system is by linking a story about a grown black man who killed a white teen and basically received the same sentence that Plaxico Burress did for shooting himself, so there's that too ;)
    Edited By: ginwilly Apr 13th, 2012 at 12:59 AM
    Reason: grammar police
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  17. To be fair ginwilly, the example I cited to was relevant because it shows a man defending his son getting assaulted. The man was immediately arrested and then found guilty (no, he didn't get the death penalty). The reason for showing the example was to show the reverse situation - we had a self defense/defense of others scenario where a grown man killed a kid. Where the victim was white - there was a snap arrest. Where the victim was black, no arrest and other standard protocol not followed. I can't think of any other case off the top of my head with similar circumstances (a proper defense to killing someone is raised by a grown man who killed a kid). The case itself wasn't the end all be all of racial injustice. In fact, the grown man in the other case probably got off too light (he only got 2 years).

     
    Originally Posted by StlngMyChps View Post

    So you say "the justice system is racist" I say prove it. And you think it's up to me to prove you wrong??????? Let me guess, you're a religious man too....

    Not really the string of events. You say that pointing out that the justice system is racist is BS - I ask you how it is BS and if you think the justice system treats black people equally. You never answer my questions but instead ask me to prove that the justice system is racist. You made an assertion and I called you out on it. Its your assertion. Prove it.

    Edit - I actually never even used the word "racist". I asked if you believed if black people were treated equally under the law. You used the word racist. I'll run with it though.
    Edited By: p00pymcp00perton Apr 13th, 2012 at 02:03 AM
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  18.  
    Originally Posted by p00pymcp00perton View Post

    If a black guy shot a white guy, at the absolute minimum, Fox News would be screaming bloody murder, reverse racism, and blame Obama for the shooting. You'd most definitely hear about it...and the black guy would get the book thrown at him per usual.

     
    Originally Posted by p00pymcp00perton View Post

    To be fair ginwilly, the example I cited to was relevant because it shows a man defending his son getting assaulted. The man was immediately arrested and then found guilty (no, he didn't get the death penalty). The reason for showing the example was to show the reverse situation - we had a self defense/defense of others scenario where a grown man killed a kid. Where the victim was white - there was a snap arrest. Where the victim was black, no arrest and other standard protocol not followed. I can't think of any other case off the top of my head with similar circumstances (a proper defense to killing someone is raised by a grown man who killed a kid). The case itself wasn't the end all be all of racial injustice. In fact, the grown man in the other case probably got off too light (he only got 2 years).

    Not really the string of events. You say that pointing out that the justice system is racist is BS - I ask you how it is BS and if you think the justice system treats black people equally. You never answer my questions but instead ask me to prove that the justice system is racist. You made an assertion and I called you out on it. Its your assertion. Prove it.

    Edit - I actually never even used the word "racist". I asked if you believed if black people were treated equally under the law. You used the word racist. I'll run with it though.

    oops
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  19. Not really an oops gin. The Fox News bit was tongue-in-cheek (unless you actually believe that I would argue that Fox News would blame it on Obama???). But, the black guy shooting the white kid made national news (not at the scale of Treyvon Martin killing - most likely because the guy who killed the kid was snap arrested and charged). Not sure what you think you are proving but you aren't really proving anything.

    Edit - OH WAIT - the black person didn't get the death penalty this time. Ohhhhhh. Um, okay? There was a more plausible defense in that case than the Treyvon Maritn case (so far). As presented, the defense could have let the black guy walk.
    Edited By: p00pymcp00perton Apr 13th, 2012 at 02:26 AM
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  20. dude chill, I'm just picking. You know the context you posted that link was to prove the first post. I agree with you on the second post.

    You have a strange fixation with Fox news. you talk about it a lot. Most people here can give 2 shits about fox and are not bothered at all when you constantly bash them, have at it.

    I'm still on the side that don't know why zimmerman walked that night, i have no clue if race played a part or not I just know it played a part in the story blowing up like it did. If it did play a part in the police fumbling their jobs (idk police fumbled for a fact either but all signs point to yes) then heads should roll.

    Your edit is pathetic, your mind is poisoned man, whitey is not out to get you but the MAN is out to get us all.

    if you are oppressed it's not by a color, maybe once, but not now.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  21. Let's roll with that. I do believe class plays a huge factor in the justice system. I believe, at least by your last post and others I have read, that you believe the same thing. There is no doubt that well connected people (celebs, politicians, doctors, lawyers, etc) get different treatment by law enforcement and teh criminal justice system than the rest of us do (Paris Hilton's house arrest comes to mind).

    With that said, why is it hard to believe that race plays a factor as well? I have said earlier itt that if Treyvon had been a white kid from a "good family (read - rich, connected, famous, etc)" then there is no way in hell that the shooter gets let go. I'll even say that about a black kid from a "good family" without a doubt. Class does play a factor (as stated earlier). But what is it about race playing a factor that is hard to believe? Is it your wish that we live in a post-racist society (good on you btw if this is true)?
    At minimum the death penalty disparity illustrates at least, on some level, that races are treated differently (btw - depriving a person of life is not some small statistic. ).
    I believe race and class are determining factors for the way people are treated differently in this country. Not sure how this makes my mind poisoned. We disagree apparently, but that doesn't equal venom in my book.
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  22. race, gender, class, talent, looks, timing, region, accent, intelligence, physical appearance, disability/ability, height, clothes, hair, hygiene, age, job, car etc etc etc are determining factors in how people are treated differently in this world. People are gonna people.

    It's just my humble opinion but I can't state for a fact that GZ is guilty of shooting a man for being black like you have. If a white kid had jumped on him and beat the shit out of him he may be dead too. White, brown, yellow, black, red kids will get followed by mall cops. Teenagers are automatically suspicious to old people. Hell me and my friends used to play let's lose the rent a cops just for giggles.

    edit: this is not me saying Trayvon jumped on him and beat the shit out of him, i don't know that either, i'm just saying if the man's story is true it probably wouldn't matter what color the victim was.
    Edited By: ginwilly Apr 13th, 2012 at 03:14 AM
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  23. I think the question to that is would George Zimmerman have been following a white kid in the first place? Of course we cant say for sure. We dont know.
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  24. the point is Ed, other people are absolutely positive the only reason the idiot followed Trayvon was because he was black not realizing how racist it is to think that way. White kids are suspicious too. All we know is the majority of his 911 calls involved non-black so we know the dude was paranoid and a power tripper. This would lead me to deduce he would have followed any slow walking teen in a hoodie, or a stray dog, or the pizza guy if he stopped too many times checking addresses.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  25.  
    Originally Posted by ginwilly View Post


    It's just my humble opinion but I can't state for a fact that GZ is guilty of shooting a man for being black like you have.

    I have never ever ever said that. My only reaction has been to point out that the police/DAs office would have treated this case differently if Treyvon were a white kid (from a "good family" or otherwise). I do believe that race played a factor in the way the investigation was handled. Zimm could have shot the kid for multiple reasons (one of which is that Zimm was a nut that called 911 a gazillion times a day and fancied himself a Sheriff of sorts).

     
    Originally Posted by ginwilly View Post

    race, gender, class, talent, looks, timing, region, accent, intelligence, physical appearance, disability/ability, height, clothes, hair, hygiene, age, job, car etc etc etc are determining factors in how people are treated differently in this world. People are gonna people.

     
    Originally Posted by ginwilly View Post

    if you are oppressed it's not by a color, maybe once, but not now.

    Does not compute. People are gonna people...once upon a time?
    Edited By: p00pymcp00perton Apr 13th, 2012 at 03:32 AM
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  26. I owe you an apology then p00p. There were so many freely admitting that and you were throwing out your hyperboles i lumped with that crowd. So you are NOT making the assumption he was killed for being black, sorry man.

    treating differently is not oppressing ya g00b

    edit: although the treatment CAN be oppression, I'll allow that counselor.
    Edited By: ginwilly Apr 13th, 2012 at 03:39 AM
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  27. I dont think its that big of a deal that people are claiming race had something to do with it. This is a forum where we give our opinions. Its not like were on the jury. Honestly, I think you guys are using that argument because you've really got nothing. So you're trying to muddy things up arguing stuff that doesnt really matter. You guys just want people to dismiss logic, reason and critical thinking. I dont really see anything wrong with people stating opinions. Were not directly involved in the case and thats what forums like this are for. Is it really that bad that people have opinions? I dont see how its something to get up in arms about. I've seen Norcal use this tactic before which is pretty ironic for somebody who seems to have opinions on just about any and everything. But whenever its convenient he starts throwing this one around.

    Maybe we should stop discussing sports on here as well. Were not actually in that locker room. We cant say for sure whats really going on. I can extend that logic to any debateable topic on this forum. Everything now in this thread has turned into people having to state "We cant say for sure" or some other form of that line after everything they say because Norcal wanted to use some petty argument tactic which completely goes against the point of a forum like this. Like, we know its just your opinion. It doesnt need to be stated 1000 times on each page. But thats what Norcal has turned this into. Because the truth is he really has nothing.
    Edited By: XXEDPXX Apr 13th, 2012 at 03:52 AM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  28. oh no I agree completely Ed and am guilty of judging in this thread too. I feel the assumption that x happened because of color y is bad for us but understand why it happens. The FBI is very successful profiling. I'm just butthurt over the assumption that there was a whitey conspiracy is not seen for the racism it is, and if there really WAS a whitey conspiracy I'm butthurt over that too because it also makes me sad. I want to think we are way past that but in reality if anything we have gone backwards.

    I guess I'm just disappointed knowing the general age group making these assumptions, it's like listening to my parents generation.

    i expect and accept Al Sharpton for what he is, i just hold a higher hope for the generation that will be wiping my ass in the nursing home
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  29.  
    Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

    I think the question to that is would George Zimmerman have been following a white kid in the first place? Of course we cant say for sure. We dont know.

    Read the call log. He called on plenty of white people.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  30.  
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

    Read the call log. He called on plenty of white people.

    those calls were just balancing his ranges.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail

Similar Threads