[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. In all seriousness, figure out who it is and just talk with them. It's no big deal if you approach them respectfully and just let them know that it's stinking up your place and you don't like it. If they give you shit tell them your a cop and your going to call it in. :)
    Add TRMGM to Rail
  2. I think OP has a very valid complaint. If you don't smoke weed or cigarettes then it's very unlikely you want your home to smell like it. You could attempt to contact the owner of the apartment directly below you. This could be awkward, especially if the smell isn't actually coming from there. I'd probably just explain the situation to the landlord and ask him to handle it. In no way would I want the police involved unless they refuse to stop smoking in their apartment. Shitty spot. Where is Bfactor when we need him?
    Add DonkDon to Rail
    Originally Posted by voorh33s View Post

go cry to your landlord like a good little faggot

Cosign
    Add perma_tilt to Rail
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

OP should have known that all of ot blazes except like 5 of us.

Cigs and weed have a terrible smell, fuck them all.

weed smells goooooot. bacon tastes goooood. pork chops taste gooooood.

cigarettes smoke is nasty.

Originally Posted by TRMGM View Post

I'd go tell them to put it out before I stomp the dogshit out of their fucking faces, but thats just me, I'm a Christian.

lol i like it.
    Add resilient to Rail
  5. Damn op, sorry, didnt know you lived upstairs. I'll light this one up just for you :)
    Add WTF_FML_423 to Rail
  6. go down and match him on some bong rips... if thats not your thing than just deal with it, its weed
    Add thereraise to Rail
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

weed smells goooooot. bacon tastes goooood. pork chops taste gooooood.

but nah.

Originally Posted by thereraise View Post

go down and match him on some bong rips... if thats not your thing than just deal with it, its weed

I don't understand how people can not believe that weed has a distinct unpleasant smell to non-smokers. If I'm paying rent to live somewhere and someone's actions are infringing on my living situation I'm going to make a deal out of it, firstly because I dislike the smell, secondly and most importantly on principle.

It's just consideration for your neighbor, or your fellow man, or towards the guy who will set your significant other on fire and tell you to rip some of that smoke.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  8. well if they can smoke cigarettes in their apt then they can smoke weed, i didnt read anything so I am not sure. If its a no smoking apt building than op wins

but really its only fucking weed. I dont like smell of some of my neighbors shit cooking bit I cant tell them not to cook in their own place. Weed smell last a lot shorter than food cooking, esp if its some curry or something...

also you must have some crazy neighbors, gonna smoke your girls remains and shit
    Edited By: thereraise Sep 16th, 2010 at 09:57 AM
    Add thereraise to Rail
  9. ^^^^^ this
    Add Cooker to Rail
  10. If there is smoking allowed in your apartment then you are an idiot.

Add Hoobangin to Rail
  11. Before you do anything drastic like talking to the landlord or moving or anything like that, def talk to them first:

First ask them to try exhaling their weed smoke into a pillow. I'm not sure how effective this is, but I remember when I was a freshman in college, before I had ever even smoked weed before, whenever I was at people's dorm rooms and they were smoking weed they would do this to try to keep the smell from leaking out into the hallway as much. So, at least ask them to try this, it might not work at all, but who knows, maybe it'll be effective enough to keep you from being able to smell it. Especially if they use a pipe, and not joints where smoke is streaming off the end of the joint the whole time they are smoking.

Then, if that doesn't help, ask them to use a vaporizer. Even offer to pay for half of it, or even all of it if they are cheap douchebags (hey, it beats having to move), and then that should def solve your problem, as there will no longer be any smoke when they "smoke" weed anymore, since it just vaporizes the thc off the leaves into a plastic bag that they inhale, sort of like steam, there's no smoke produced when you use a vaporizer, so, you wouldn't smell anything at all whatsoever in your apartment.

If they refuse to use the vaporizer cuz it's just "not the same" or some shit, then, I guess the only other option is for them to just go smoke in their car or something, or other than that tell them you have to tell the landlord, cuz, you hate the smell so, something's got to give, etc.

Anyway, so try those things first, before going the landlord or moving route. Only do the landlord or moving thing as a last resort.

gl
    Add bfactor to Rail
  12. lol @ telling them to blow smoke in a pillow. thats why you get your own place ffs

loooooool @ telling OP to pay for a vap.

the car idea isnt half bad tho.

Seriously talk to them tell them its bothering you. Something way cheaper than a vap would be a an air purifer i would think. Unless they are broke they can get one in order to keep you quiet.
    Add ttplaya to Rail
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

I don't understand how people can not believe that weed has a distinct unpleasant smell to non-smokers. If I'm paying rent to live somewhere and someone's actions are infringing on my living situation I'm going to make a deal out of it, firstly because I dislike the smell, secondly and most importantly on principle.

It's just consideration for your neighbor, or your fellow man, or towards the guy who will set your significant other on fire and tell you to rip some of that smoke.

I have smoked tons of weed before, but, I can def understand that many people hate the way it smells. People who assume that everyone loves/hates the same exact things that they love/hate the smell of are retarded. My favorite smell in the world is diesel exhaust. But am I aware that like 99% of all people HATE this smell, even though I literally love this smell more than any other smell on the planet? Yes. It's possible to love something and yet still be able to comprehend that many others genuinely not only don't love it, but in fact totally hate it.

Those of you who are ripping on the OP, I am sure you have some smells that you just totally can't stand at all that literally make you feel nauseous/sick to the stomach. Maybe it's dog vomit. Or cat piss. Or eggplant. I dunno, but there's gotta be some smell that you just HATE, you can't help it, you just do. Well, imagine for a second that he's actually being honest, and to him that's how bad it smells. If you kept smelling whatever your least favorite smell in the world is, that makes you feel totally sick, every day, when you were in your apartment, wouldn't that totally suck?

I am about as pro-weed as you can possibly humanly be, but, I can still comprehend the OP's predicament. Try comprehending that not everyone enjoys the same smells or hates the same smells as everyone else. There really are people who truly hate the way weed smells, regardless of whether they are anti-weed or pro-weed, there are even people who love getting high on weed and are super pro-weed, yet still actually hate the way it smells believe it or not. Hating the way weed smells doesn't necessarily mean someone is a douchebag anti-weed republican. It really can genuinely just be that their nose hates the way weed smells, plain and simple.
    Add bfactor to Rail
  14. Im a big stoner and I do not feel that asking me to control my smoke would be a problem... grab a Beer as a peace offering and go to the door next time you smell it...

as long as you arent confrontational and explain to them that your allergies are real sensitive to smoke while handing them a beer I doubt they can get angry...

most apartment stoners would actually appreciate this because smelling up your hallway can be risky...

or you can always be a pussy and slide a friendly letter under the door
    Edited By: stackinsideways Sep 16th, 2010 at 01:00 PM

Add stackinsideways to Rail
  15. Obviously the people are smoking Joints/Blunts because they give off a lot of second hand smoke that is smelling up your place. Bong rips give off way less second hand smoke and would probably solve the problem.

Go down and ask them to please lay off the joints/blunts and use a bong/vape.

Otherwise, this is a completely legit complaint. I would simply tell your apt Mgr. that someone living next to you is smoking a lot of pot and it is causing you allergic problems. This is certainly reasonable grounds for you to get a new, perhaps more private, place. This could even be grounds for you to legally cancel your lease imo.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
    Originally Posted by bfactor View Post

I have smoked tons of weed before, but, I can def understand that many people hate the way it smells. People who assume that everyone loves/hates the same exact things that they love/hate the smell of are retarded. My favorite smell in the world is diesel exhaust. But am I aware that like 99% of all people HATE this smell, even though I literally love this smell more than any other smell on the planet? Yes. It's possible to love something and yet still be able to comprehend that many others genuinely not only don't love it, but in fact totally hate it.

Those of you who are ripping on the OP, I am sure you have some smells that you just totally can't stand at all that literally make you feel nauseous/sick to the stomach. Maybe it's dog vomit. Or cat piss. Or eggplant. I dunno, but there's gotta be some smell that you just HATE, you can't help it, you just do. Well, imagine for a second that he's actually being honest, and to him that's how bad it smells. If you kept smelling whatever your least favorite smell in the world is, that makes you feel totally sick, every day, when you were in your apartment, wouldn't that totally suck?

I am about as pro-weed as you can possibly humanly be, but, I can still comprehend the OP's predicament. Try comprehending that not everyone enjoys the same smells or hates the same smells as everyone else. There really are people who truly hate the way weed smells, regardless of whether they are anti-weed or pro-weed, there are even people who love getting high on weed and are super pro-weed, yet still actually hate the way it smells believe it or not. Hating the way weed smells doesn't necessarily mean someone is a douchebag anti-weed republican. It really can genuinely just be that their nose hates the way weed smells, plain and simple.

Your love of the smell of diesel exhaust explains a majority of your posts.
    Add TheNewRiver to Rail
    Originally Posted by number1pen View Post

r u allergic to beer and pussy too?

needs more love
    Add Glo4m to Rail
  18. To OP:

Next time you smell it go downstairs and knock on some doors. Bring a blow tube (TP roll w/o tp and 3-5 sheets of fabric softener inside) Tell them they are stinking up ur apt and would appreciate it if they would use the blow tube. Make sure they know you're not trying to tell them what to do, you're just asking for some common fucking courtesy.
    If that doesn't work snitch to LL or Po-po. Also get a gun for protection, I rec a handgun and a concealed weapons permit to keep on you + a sawed off 12gauge for the apt.
    Add tek85 to Rail
  19. lol at the people saying its just weed, ur just smoking weed, it s like cigs. No weed is illegal, and it has its own smell. I would not want to have my apartment smelling like pot becuase some stoner cant keep his shit straight below me. And if OP is gonna have a broad over, and she doesnt like smoking pot and no his apartments smells like it than thats ultra shitty. Either ask the landlord, or when it smells walk around ur complex and figure it out.
    Add joeykukzMSU to Rail
  20. I mean he's alergic to it. Its one thing to go its weed... W/E but if its really a health problem then yeah u gotta deal with it. Not like he's taking a stand against smoking pot. Just like if a pothead was sitting at the drive thru in front of you for 20 minutes trying to figure out what to order; you'd be pissed. Not because he smoked the pot but because once he did he was a dumbass.
    Add poker4tuition to Rail
    Originally Posted by stackinsideways View Post

Im a big stoner and I do not feel that asking me to control my smoke would be a problem... grab a Beer as a peace offering and go to the door next time you smell it...

as long as you arent confrontational and explain to them that your allergies are real sensitive to smoke while handing them a beer I doubt they can get angry...

most apartment stoners would actually appreciate this because smelling up your hallway can be risky...

or you can always be a pussy and slide a friendly letter under the door

100 % THIS
    Add Pker4Dummies to Rail
  22. call the police, these criminals need to be put behind bars
    Add jerichoholic to Rail
  23. Does your apt share AC with others? Could be as simple as asking them to turn off the AC when they smoke and wait til the air clears before turning it back on - my guess would be figuring out who is doing it would be the hardest part - after that, a friendly convo about being neighborly should do it - I'm sure they'd appreciate you coming to talk to them about it before getting the landlord/police involved - gl
    Add pigalet42 to Rail
    Originally Posted by tek85 View Post

Bring a blow tube (TP roll w/o tp and 3-5 sheets of fabric softener inside)

ahhh, I miss college.
    Add Glo4m to Rail
    Originally Posted by joeykukzMSU View Post

lol at the people saying its just weed, ur just smoking weed, it s like cigs. No weed is illegal, and it has its own smell. I would not want to have my apartment smelling like pot becuase some stoner cant keep his shit straight below me. And if OP is gonna have a broad over, and she doesnt like smoking pot and no his apartments smells like it than thats ultra shitty. Either ask the landlord, or when it smells walk around ur complex and figure it out.

lol at weed being illegal..
    Add Cooker to Rail
  26. it's fucked up more ppl aren't supporting the op imo. talking to the ppl once you've identified them seems like a good idea. they should keep their smoke in their apartment
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
  27. renters gonna rent

deal with it...
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  28. i smoke a lot of weed in my apartment everyday. my upstars neighbors have complained to me (but im not gonna stop smoking). they asked if i would buy an air filter so i did that in case they complain again.

they can complain to the landlord if they want but my friend owns the building. also smoking weed is pretty much legal where i live so calling the police wont do shit.

i feel bad that they can smell it but there isnt really much they can do... ul for them i guess
    Edited By: tcstunna Sep 17th, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    Add tcstunna to Rail
  29. OP, please go puff on some of that Mary, sounds like its the best thing for u

Originally Posted by stackinsideways View Post

Im a big stoner and I do not feel that asking me to control my smoke would be a problem... grab a Beer as a peace offering and go to the door next time you smell it...

or you can always be a pussy and slide a fake police notice letter under the door

420 bob

Add jeppg1111 to Rail