[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. You come straight home to make a deposit. Both cards are 100.00 in value. One card works and the other doesnt.

I take them back and explain my situation to the guy who swiped my cards. He instructs me to get another card off the rack and wait for the manager to exchange them.

The manager gets quite flustered and confused with the situation and ends up calling the support line to sort the issue out. In her confusion she takes the card that I got off the rack (that had not been activated) and the broken card and talks with a guy over the phone who states BOTH CARDS have a 100.00 balance.

I tell the lady 3 times that the card she is trying to give me is off THE RACK and shouldn't have a balance and that I was going to use it for the exchange on the faulty card.

She comes back and (still seemingly quite confused) states "This has 100.00 on it and this has 100.00 on it take these and if you have any problems call that number" and ushers me on.

Long story short I now have 3 100.00 cards out of my 200.00 purchase.

Do I keep and use the 3rd card (I think it got activated over the phone while she was talking with the representative) or do I take it back telling them they made a mistake and accidently gave me too many cards.

Both of my original purchases have worked fine and I have yet to use the 3rd card.

HELP.

Add spectrefax to Rail
  2. i would keep it but im an asshole
    Add srfinsno to Rail
  3. Free money. Walgreens and take the hit.
    Add computerb to Rail
  4. her incompetency cost them $100, I'd keep it.
    Add Certifiable to Rail
  5. i wouldn't think twice

take it back
    Add FlyersGuy to Rail
  6. Is it credit card fraud in some way? Stealing? She gave them to me and told me to go. I'm confused.

Thread StarterAdd spectrefax to Rail
  7. i think $100 for your time and effort is a fair price for walgreens to pay
    Add digthatfunk to Rail
  8. its stealing as i am sure you are aware...do the right thing..
    Add soccer mom 2 to Rail
  9. I'd keep it. Walgreens can suck it.
    Add Quantum to Rail
  10. Soccer mom I U
    Add acecatcher26 to Rail
  11. i'd keep it
    you told her that it was off of the rack and you were trying to exhange it
    Add badmagik to Rail
  12. Yep, she activated the 3rd card over the phone. Balance is 100.00

I'm worried if I take it back that one of them will simply say "what an idiot." and slip it in their pocket.

13. then they are the one lacking morals, not you
    Add FlyersGuy to Rail
  14. Deposit it, and take a shot at a $100 sng or buy in at .5/1 NL cash game, and play fearless...

It could be a chance for you to take a shot and make a big cash.
    Add UCBananaboy to Rail
  15. Easy.. Take it back.. I see you are on the wire on the situation.. It's nice over here on the light side.... Do the right thing
    Add Mr.Treadway to Rail
  16. omg, this is not stealing... when a store screws up and gives you more than they're suppossed to it's their fault. not yours. even if you recongnize the mistake. you can't get in trouble legally for this man. do whatever floats your boat.
    Add ringoffire to Rail
  17. it's one thing if you took, its another thing if they fucked up, you told them they fucked up, and the continue to fuck up. EZ keep.

Add Wretchy to Rail
  18. Id keep it personally. You're stealing from THE MAN, not a man. No one gets hurt here except a corporate entity. Most corporations blow many, many times more than that on plenty of other frivolous shit anyway.
    Add oBOBCATu to Rail
  19. keep it
    Add ronjon13 to Rail
  20. donate 1/2 to charity and use the other 1/2 for a bj
    Add wavegoodbye to Rail
  21. <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td><table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#eeeedd"><td bgcolor="#ffffff"></td><td><table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"> </td><td>Re(1): karma
    by Admiral on 2/16/2007 16:51 </td><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td></td><td> </td></tr></tbody></table> </td></tr></tbody></table> </td></tr></tbody></table> </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td bgcolor="#ffffff"></td><td colspan="2"><table celspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="2"><tbody><tr><td>I went into a snowboard shop to buy a new pair of bindings (~$250). I brought in my board to get them put on and what not and after they finished they gave me my receipt. Apparently they got me confused with some kid who had preordered the bindings and told me I was good to go. So in the spur of the moment I just walked out with a free pair of bindings. I got to thinking later that night and I didnt really want to be snowboarding on this tainted pair of bindings because I felt it was a broken leg or arm waiting to happen. I called the next day and told them what happened and they ended up giving me a discounted price for the trouble.

The next weekend I ended up getting my biggest score at the time in poker so I felt all was right in the world. However I still managed to break my arm snowboarding so I dont know you be the judge.
    </td></tr></tbody></table> </td></tr></tbody></table> </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Add Admiral to Rail
  22. What gets me most about the situation is that when I'm at work (bartending/serving) and I'm in a hurry making change for a 100.00 bill and I accidently give someone an extra 20 or something, I have recieved it back exactly 0% of the time and end up having to eat it EVERY time.

23. well, since it was your fault, all of those people deserved your money.

EDIT: should Stars keep his $?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=0%></TD><TD width="100%">i feel like an idiot</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Add FlyersGuy to Rail
  24. Buy $100 worth of condoms at Walgreen's obv. Makes you look like the responsible young man, and share them with your friends, and also that dude that forgot to pull out on his g/f last night.
    Add Dumb Walrus to Rail
  25. I asked my mom about the situation.. she goes to church a lot and is a very moral person. She said quit being a pussy and think for yourself.
    Add UncleLeo to Rail
  26. hahahahaha, well played, uncleleo.
    Add ringoffire to Rail
  27. Walgreens = Corporation

Corporation = Evil

Stealing from Evil Corporation = Good
    Add Assassinato to Rail
  28. take it back.
    Add creeps to Rail
  29. keep it and send me 50$ on stars. win-win for all involved.
    Add cLINChalla to Rail