[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Title of the thread says it all. Who do you want to see make the October Nine this year in the World Series of Poker Main Event?

I'm pulling for the two women left in the field - Norway's Elisabeth Hille and France's Gaelle Baumann. A woman has made the final table of the Main Event exactly once (Barbara Enight, 1995), so having two make it in 2012 should definitely give a boost to poker from that demographic.

The action resumed at 1pm PT on Monday, July 16 and will continue until the final nine are left standing.

Here are our official updates during the Main Event final table:
    http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...r-nine-587587/

Add Dan to Rail
  2. IDK who Danny Wong is ... but hes gonna ship it

1. Marc Ladouceur – 15,875,000
    2. Daniel Strelitz – 12,790,000
    3. Robert Salaburu – 10,915,000
    4. Russell Thomas – 9,985,000
    5. Elisabeth Hille – 9,770,000
    6. Yuval Bronshtein – 9,735,000
    7. Jamie Robbins – 8,750,000
    8. Robert Corcione – 8,745,000
    9. Cylus Watson – 8,500,000
    10. Jeremy Ausmus – 8,300,000
    11. Scott Abrams – 8,080,000
    12. Greg Merson – 7,435,000
    13. Jesse Sylvia – 7,385,000
    14. Jacob Balsiger – 7,330,000
    15. Michael Esposito – 7,045,000
    16. Percy Mahatan – 6,750,000
    17. Jan Heitmann – 6,390,000
    18. Danny Wong – 6,360,000
    19. David Balkin – 6,330,000
    20. Gaelle Baumann – 5,530,000
    21. Roland Israelashvili – 5,525,000
    22. Steven Gee – 4,830,000
    23. Robert Buckenmayer – 4,410,000
    24. Andras Koroknai – 3,125,000
    25. Wilfried Haerig – 2,665,000
    26. Paul Volpe – 2,650,000
    27. Nicco Maag – 1,300,000
    Add JON STAMOZ to Rail
  3. I'm pulling for anyone black, them women, then anyone from usa in that order.
    Add yjbrewer to Rail
  4. Update – 4:50pm ET

Germany's Nico Maag was the first casualty of the play down day of the 2012 WSOP Main Event. Maag open-shoved all-in for 1.11 million with A-J and Russell Thomas looked him up with A-Q. The better hand held and Maag earned $294,000 for his 27th place finish.

Thread StarterAdd Dan to Rail
  5. I'm routing for paulgees, deoxy, and the two women. I was hoping Maag would make it too since I played all of day 1 with him on my direct right.
    Add tyson219 to Rail
  6. Is anyone else having a hard time logging onto wsop.com?

I'm getting some provider error message.

Add TheVillageGrinder to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheVillageGrinder View Post

Is anyone else having a hard time logging onto wsop.com?

I'm getting some provider error message.

Yeah, it's bust for me too. PokerNews is working fine for live updates.

Originally Posted by tyson219 View Post

I'm routing for paulgees, deoxy, and the two women.

+1

Add L Rocketz to Rail
  9. A la Val Venis, "Hello, ladies!" Norway's Elisabeth Hille and France's Gaelle Baumann have become the first female tandem to make the final 27 of the WSOP Main Event since 2000: http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...-event-587588/

I'm pretty sure that either one making the final table would be both good for female participation in poker and good for poker in their home country.

10. Germany's Jan Heitmann hit the deck in 26th place after 4betting all-in before the flop with pocket sixes. Daniel Strelitz looked him up with pocket eights and the better hand held. Heitmann is a PokerStars pro and banked nearly $300,000.

11. Jan Heitmann and Deoxirobo

nooooooooooooo Jan busted GG
    Edited By: matze_widi Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    Add matze_widi to Rail
  12. Is it being shown live online? If so, anyone have a link?
    Add chron6866 to Rail
  13. I am pulling for the women that are remaining. Paulgees and Deox have won enough and don't need this. Having a women at the final table of the WSOP main event would be great for the game. Having Paulgees or Deox at the final table would have no impact on our game.

Add kevmode to Rail
  14. Im rootting for baumann she has more than held her own day after day was a bit gutted when her ak held up against foutights jj, but still it'd be really impressive if she was to reach the final table. And id like to see paulgees81 reach the final table for the simple reason of seeing a true beast in action.
    Add alun to Rail
  15. FROM WSOP STAFF: They will play out Level 29, about an hour and 20 minutes more, then STOP for the night. Players will complete 5 levels today, and there will be MORE than 27 players returning tomorrow for Day 7.
    Add PokerProErik to Rail
  16. So yeah, they announced that they will NOT play down to 27 players and stop before level 30.
    Add PokerProErik to Rail
  17. Roland Israelashvili has been eliminated in 25th place after his A-5 offsuit could not trump the pocket jacks of Russell Thomas. The former pushed all-in pre-flop in the hand and received no help. We're quickly getting down to 9.

Originally Posted by chron6866 View Post

Is it being shown live online? If so, anyone have a link?

No online or TV video feed this year.

Originally Posted by PokerProErik View Post

FROM WSOP STAFF: They will play out Level 29, about an hour and 20 minutes more, then STOP for the night. Players will complete 5 levels today, and there will be MORE than 27 players returning tomorrow for Day 7.

I'm not quite sure what this refers to, as the Main Event is at 24 players now and playing down to 9 tonight (Monday), which is Day 7.

20. rooting for Baumann obv.
    Add Kiribato to Rail
  21. no online or tv feed ,just means no excitement and i have no interest
    Add double_kyan to Rail
  22. Add rebelfd to Rail
  23. paulgeeeeeeeeeezy

Add cocoa_butter111 to Rail
  24. Pulling for the ladies? Is this something to do with fapping?
    Add 2JL to Rail
  25. We're down to 15 players left in the 2012 WSOP Main Event. Paul "paulgees81" Volpe and Jamie "TheNew" Robbins are among the latest casualties. We're six eliminations away from our October Nine! http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...remain-587591/

Originally Posted by rebelfd View Post

I'm pulling for the ladies.

http://www.pocketfives.com/f20010/ws...magine-667263/

Ha, excellent. Both of the ladies are still in it with 15 left:
    http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...remain-587591/

Originally Posted by Dan View Post

We're down to 15 players left in the 2012 WSOP Main Event. Paul "paulgees81" Volpe and Jamie "TheNew" Robbins are among the latest casualties. We're six eliminations away from our October Nine! http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...remain-587591/

Add cocoa_butter111 to Rail
  28. Pulling for the ladies as well as Scott Abrams just because I've been following his market thread in 2+2 and he seems like a cool, humble dude.
    Add F1sherman to Rail
  29. Bad beat... P5s favorite Greg gregy20723 Merson cracks Wilfried Harig's aces aipf with K-J. He hit a king on the flop and turned a jack, eliminating the third and final German player remaining in the WSOP Main Event. 14 players left now.

30. Jason DeWitt, or TheMasterJ33 on PocketFives, posted this on Twitter a few minutes ago:

"This could be the most boring ME final table ever if no women make it. Everybody seems like the next Varkonyi besides Wong & Merson."

Not sure if anyone reading this is in Vegas, but what are your thoughts on the different characters left in the Main Event? Who would make good/bad TV?