[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1.  
    Originally Posted by snaggs View Post

    OK new spin on Phil, NL hold 'em has passed him by and now he can only compete in other games where the competition isn't as stiff from the internet players (yet) See there's ALWAYS a reason to hate on Phil's game, you just have to look for it.

    man some people don't get a joke when they read one.
     
    Add snaggs to Rail
  2.  
    Originally Posted by burnses_suite View Post

    Agreed however there is no need to re shove 50+ BBs in that spot. Has phil never heard of three betting? maybe four betting? but to reshove 50+ just seems more then spewy IMO.

    Do u kno the diff between 3 n 4 betting?? Lol u can't choose either or...
    Add ShyGuy03533 to Rail
  3.  
    Originally Posted by ShyGuy03533 View Post

    Do u kno the diff between 3 n 4 betting?? Lol u can't choose either or...

    doubt he realizes that you can't 3b and 4b in the same hand.
    Add pokerproplaya08 to Rail
  4. Only because I have met Phil on many occasions do I often fell the need to defend him. I have seen the side of Phil a bit that many have not seen. Like he is a great and still longtime friend coming to play Christmas home games with his old Madison buddies including 4-8 limit that literally means nothing to him. Or the fact that he is a great father. I have also seen him raise huge funds for charites by hosting events and donating his time and money. I often dislike the douchiness on television and a lot of it is real because he wants to win so bad.

    The one problem many of us have at poker is that we all think everyone else sucks. We get to take one bad play or questionable play where everyone gets to see it and talk about how bad people suck. I am sure if everyone hand that many of us "poker geniuses" were televised we could be made fun of quite frequently. One of the reasons I hate to have the volume on while watching the WSOP or WPT. If a guy 5 bets or hero calls and is right he is a genius to the commentators. If he 5 bet jams into AA or hero calls ace high and is very wrong they cannot understand what this guy is thinking. Just maybe think before you randomly say someone sucks at poker over one play. I am not a fan of this particular play and think a raise would have been better if he thought he was light but I also understand that Phil had a great chance to make one of his three flush draws and get number 12. My last tip is that Burnses should post less
     1
    Add ryan beckwith to Rail
  5. omg let me start by saying this that phil helmuth was blowing it as can be assumed by his choice of getting it in with a flush draw 3 consecutive opportunities without even considering his chance to win the hand against rast's range and his fold equity as well as the live reads he may give off during hands where his fold equity may decrease as a result of him flilnching or giving off some other physical tell while trying to actually just misdirect his opponent from putting on the read that he has a flush draw whilst he wagers all of the effective stacks in play while trying to win his 12th bracelet especially after coming up short two times before due to the variance of the game we all play called poker.
    Add rainmanrcp to Rail
  6.  
    Originally Posted by pokerproplaya08 View Post

    doubt he realizes that you can't 3b and 4b in the same hand.

    n00b you can 3b and 4b post flop as well as preflop
     
    Add Drinking Buddy to Rail
  7.  
    Originally Posted by rainmanrcp View Post

    omg let me start by saying this that phil helmuth was blowing it as can be assumed by his choice of getting it in with a flush draw 3 consecutive opportunities without even considering his chance to win the hand against rast's range and his fold equity as well as the live reads he may give off during hands where his fold equity may decrease as a result of him flilnching or giving off some other physical tell while trying to actually just misdirect his opponent from putting on the read that he has a flush draw whilst he wagers all of the effective stacks in play while trying to win his 12th bracelet especially after coming up short two times before due to the variance of the game we all play called poker.

    Wow ur clueless about his odds of missing all those flush draws. Phil onlly misses all 3 of his flush draws 18% of the time. Anything you say has no merit, Phil played well heads up and didn't blow anything.
     
    Add kevmode to Rail
  8. I am a noob but obv you cant 3b and 4b in same hand, if he three bets then you 4 bet. That is possible, lol. If you 3b then its his turn to 4b, fold, or call. Maybe you can pay him to let you go twice in a row, lol.
    Add bscott to Rail
  9.  
    Originally Posted by kevmode View Post

    Wow ur clueless about his odds of missing all those flush draws. Phil onlly misses all 3 of his flush draws 18% of the time. Anything you say has no merit, Phil played well heads up and didn't blow anything.

    i like when i can agree with u kevmode <3

     
    Originally Posted by bscott View Post

    I am a noob but obv you cant 3b and 4b in same hand, if he three bets then you 4 bet. That is possible, lol. If you 3b then its his turn to 4b, fold, or call. Maybe you can pay him to let you go twice in a row, lol.

    this

    drinking buddy obv were not fucking idiots.. but u cant chose to either 3b or 4b in the same action and thats whut it seemed like the poster was saying
    Add ShyGuy03533 to Rail
  10.  
    Originally Posted by ShyGuy03533 View Post

    i like when i can agree with u kevmode <3

    this

    drinking buddy obv were not fucking idiots.. but u cant chose to either 3b or 4b in the same action and thats whut it seemed like the poster was saying

    sighs, at least I got what DB was saying.

    Thx Harv. I learned a lot
    Add pokerproplaya08 to Rail
  11.  
    Originally Posted by pokerproplaya08 View Post

    doubt he realizes that you can't 3b and 4b in the same hand.

    since i didnt have the hand history in front of me and was typing from work, I couldn't remember whether it would have been a 3bet or a 4 bet, just plain couldn't remember how many times it went back in fourth. I guess i could have said, why didn't he just raise, but whatever whats done is done.

     
    Originally Posted by ryan beckwith View Post

    Only because I have met Phil on many occasions do I often fell the need to defend him. I have seen the side of Phil a bit that many have not seen. Like he is a great and still longtime friend coming to play Christmas home games with his old Madison buddies including 4-8 limit that literally means nothing to him. Or the fact that he is a great father. I have also seen him raise huge funds for charites by hosting events and donating his time and money. I often dislike the douchiness on television and a lot of it is real because he wants to win so bad.

    The one problem many of us have at poker is that we all think everyone else sucks. We get to take one bad play or questionable play where everyone gets to see it and talk about how bad people suck. I am sure if everyone hand that many of us "poker geniuses" were televised we could be made fun of quite frequently. One of the reasons I hate to have the volume on while watching the WSOP or WPT. If a guy 5 bets or hero calls and is right he is a genius to the commentators. If he 5 bet jams into AA or hero calls ace high and is very wrong they cannot understand what this guy is thinking. Just maybe think before you randomly say someone sucks at poker over one play. I am not a fan of this particular play and think a raise would have been better if he thought he was light but I also understand that Phil had a great chance to make one of his three flush draws and get number 12. My last tip is that Burnses should post less

    While I have never met the man, I have followed his career over the years from wsop, wpt, and High stakes poker. Iv also read his books which are just full of terrible advice. After watching his last performance on HSP it left no doubt in my mind that phil is just a terrible card player. He may be the Greatest toruny player or whatever they are calling him, but the fact is anyone can win a tourney they just have to run well, gold, moneymaker, yang, hellmuth. It's easy for phil to have some many bracelets and so many cashes when he plays every goddamned event every year. HE is bound to get lucky.
    And for the record I am not basing any of this on his habit of berating other players, i really don't care either way about that, its a tourney and you can say whatever you want the fish ain't leaving. Now if he's at my cash game and starts berating fish I might say something.

    I think anyone who watches his performance on HSP can see he's not very good.
    Add burnses_suite to Rail
  12.  
    Originally Posted by burnses_suite View Post

    since i didnt have the hand history in front of me and was typing from work, I couldn't remember whether it would have been a 3bet or a 4 bet, just plain couldn't remember how many times it went back in fourth. I guess i could have said, why didn't he just raise, but whatever whats done is done.



    While I have never met the man, I have followed his career over the years from wsop, wpt, and High stakes poker. Iv also read his books which are just full of terrible advice. After watching his last performance on HSP it left no doubt in my mind that phil is just a terrible card player. He may be the Greatest toruny player or whatever they are calling him, but the fact is anyone can win a tourney they just have to run well, gold, moneymaker, yang, hellmuth. It's easy for phil to have some many bracelets and so many cashes when he plays every goddamned event every year. HE is bound to get lucky.
    And for the record I am not basing any of this on his habit of berating other players, i really don't care either way about that, its a tourney and you can say whatever you want the fish ain't leaving. Now if he's at my cash game and starts berating fish I might say something.

    I think anyone who watches his performance on HSP can see he's not very good.

    I mean yeah, all those less than 1% of hands they show on TV show what kind of a poker player you are completely.
    Add rocksolid124 to Rail
  13.  
    Originally Posted by rocksolid124 View Post

    I mean yeah, all those less than 1% of hands they show on TV show what kind of a poker player you are completely.

    HSP shows way more then 1% of hands. Go watch phill on there and you tell me how great he is.
    Add burnses_suite to Rail
  14.  
    Originally Posted by rocksolid124 View Post

    Is it possible for Esfandiari to be more annoying

    It was funny because Antonio left for a good portion of the final table. There were a ton of people going nuts for Rask once they got to heads up, i saw biland, roble, dwan, a bunch of faces. Someone took Matusow's seat by Helmuth's camp so he had to find one in Rask's crowd, I'm sure he was having a good time.
    Add wickedfamous to Rail
  15.  
    Originally Posted by burnses_suite View Post

    HSP shows way more then 1% of hands. Go watch phill on there and you tell me how great he is.

    cash games and MTT's are completely different. If you knew anything about poker, you'd know this.

    2ndly, Phil didn't play every event this year, he was too busy ft'ing shit. You can say it's just "rungood" or getting lucky, but when someone has been doing this for 20 years and STILL TO THIS DAY CONTINUES TO RAPE, you can't say it's just merely rungood. Give credit where credit is due.

    I for one during the course of this summer, have gained tons of respect for the "live pros." There's not many of the internet kids just coming in and destroying the series, I know plenty who are stuck heaps. These live pro's are playing a different game than what we're used to playing online, so again, you suggesting Phil sucks at live poker, based on your logic that you play good Online poker and he doesn't play like that, gets thrown out the window. So when someone has been doing this for a long time, you have to just appreciate the fact that they know how to get it done. It may not be "standard", but a lot of them have stuck around for a long time because they know what they're doing.

     
    Originally Posted by wickedfamous View Post

    It was funny because Antonio left for a good portion of the final table. There were a ton of people going nuts for Rask once they got to heads up, i saw biland, roble, dwan, a bunch of faces. Someone took Matusow's seat by Helmuth's camp so he had to find one in Rask's crowd, I'm sure he was having a good time.

    Rast tho
    Add pokerproplaya08 to Rail
  16.  
    Originally Posted by burnses_suite View Post

    since i didnt have the hand history in front of me and was typing from work, I couldn't remember whether it would have been a 3bet or a 4 bet, just plain couldn't remember how many times it went back in fourth. I guess i could have said, why didn't he just raise, but whatever whats done is done.

    While I have never met the man, I have followed his career over the years from wsop, wpt, and High stakes poker. Iv also read his books which are just full of terrible advice. After watching his last performance on HSP it left no doubt in my mind that phil is just a terrible card player. He may be the Greatest toruny player or whatever they are calling him, but the fact is anyone can win a tourney they just have to run well, gold, moneymaker, yang, hellmuth. It's easy for phil to have some many bracelets and so many cashes when he plays every goddamned event every year. HE is bound to get lucky.
    And for the record I am not basing any of this on his habit of berating other players, i really don't care either way about that, its a tourney and you can say whatever you want the fish ain't leaving. Now if he's at my cash game and starts berating fish I might say something.

    I think anyone who watches his performance on HSP can see he's not very good.

    11 bracelets, record for most WSOP cashes ever, heaps of final tables, many New York Times best selling books, heaps of money, gives more money to charity every year than most people make, and yet you can not stop talking about all that is wrong with him.

    I have great respect for all the live pros who have grinded the circuit and stayed afloat and playing for as long as any of these guys have. Not only is it financially draining it is physically and mentally draining to grind a ton of live events with some min cashes or small cashes. These guys have went through the highs and lows. I grinded this entire summer in the what I would call lower stakes +ev schedule and quite frankly lost heaps and played well while running pretty awful in several key spots. I also know a ton a online pros that you would probably say are the greatest who have had an awful series and are stuck huge. Just saying before you flame you may want to see what that guy is doing right instead.
     1
    Add ryan beckwith to Rail
  17.  
    Originally Posted by burnses_suite View Post

    HSP shows way more then 1% of hands. Go watch phill on there and you tell me how great he is.

    the fact that ur judging someones ability by their showcased hands on HSP proves how ignorant you are when it comes to recognizing talent
    Add ShyGuy03533 to Rail
  18. I don't know if i would agree with people saying phil outplayed rast. its hard to tell with out knowing the players cards but it seemed to me that phil was just getting better hands early on and in my opinion missed value by overjamming on brian's bets. Also I don't understand why phil was limping soo many pots pre. having said that phil was chopping rast down and looked like he had it locked up.
    Add frizzlefry777 to Rail
  19.  
    Originally Posted by frizzlefry777 View Post

    I don't know if i would agree with people saying phil outplayed rast. its hard to tell with out knowing the players cards but it seemed to me that phil was just getting better hands early on and in my opinion missed value by overjamming on brian's bets. Also I don't understand why phil was limping soo many pots pre. having said that phil was chopping rast down and looked like he had it locked up.

    this. I dare someone to say phil took the most profitable line on the final hand. That shit was lol_bad.
    Add iamthedeck ftw to Rail
  20.  
    Originally Posted by iamthedeck ftw View Post

    this. I dare someone to say phil took the most profitable line on the final hand. That shit was lol_bad.

    didnt he have an OE and a FD? It certainly isn't terrible vs most hands besides Rast's
    Add pokerproplaya08 to Rail
  21. I'm just stoked that I had a front row seat and get to see myself on ESPN! Wooh!
    Add wickedfamous to Rail