[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Na really though, the guy takin a piss while he scrolls on his smartphone HAS to be one of the most pathetic things I have ever witnessed, period.

People are missing antes and action playing with Ipads. I think wsop should just outright ban all texting and talking at the table. One dude had a phone, and a laptop at the table and was using both at the same time. Give him credit though he kept up with the action. But seriously, you pretentious, effete, self absorbed tools that fiddle about with your technology completely awash in its dull glow with your mouths wide open is.... disgusting. Use that thing to videotape yourself using it so you can see what a zombie looks like.

Also, really love that the WSOP's main sponsor is running an ad with a farting sasquach in the main lobby.... classy. Great image for poker.
    Edited By: whohee Jun 17th, 2011 at 01:36 AM

Add whohee to Rail
  2. do u realize how boring live poker can be tho

ill agree that the bathroom thing was slightly absurd but i've probly peed and texted simultaneously before just not in a public restroom
    Add doubledave22 to Rail
  3. Can't argue there; live is boring for sure...

Thread StarterAdd whohee to Rail
  4. uhhhhhh, so you jump on your computer to complain about it?

Add zoonie824 to Rail
  5. Oh, well...

I am in my hotel room, by myself, killing some time. I also don't outright reject technology.

Thread StarterAdd whohee to Rail
    Originally Posted by zoonie824 View Post

uhhhhhh, so you jump on your computer to complain about it?

Seems like it would be easy to cheat if you had that technology at the table. I don't think I would feel comfortable with a guy using a computer or a smart phone at the table. There are too many tools that he could view using these devices. It should be one player per hand. I would call the floor if I saw a player using one of these devices.
    Edited By: kevmode Jun 17th, 2011 at 01:47 AM

Add kevmode to Rail
    Originally Posted by kevmode View Post

Seems like it would be easy to cheat if you had that technology at the table. I don't think I would feel comfortable with a guy using a computer or a smart phone at the table. There are too many tools that he could view using these devices. It should be one player per hand. I would call the floor if I saw a player using one of these devices.

you cant use your device during a hand your actively playing in, so even if others were txtin or messagin u advice u wudnt b able to read it
    Add mcandrews3rd to Rail
  8. lol who gaf

Add gar2garvin to Rail
  9. I'm posting this from the toilet. My $.02
    Add wickedfamous to Rail
    Originally Posted by mcandrews3rd View Post

you cant use your device during a hand your actively playing in, so even if others were txtin or messagin u advice u wudnt b able to read it

But if you are not in the hand you could be discussing strategy with someone on the rail, using the internet to research players at the table, usign sng wiz when not in the hand to figrue out ranges for you to shove later in nl holdem mtts?

Add kevmode to Rail
  11. Lol ya I was playing a small mtt in a local card room this morning, some idiot was telling everybody during a break that he just downloaded the poker crunched app for his iPhone & how cool it was, recommending it to the field! I just laughed, some people.. There's also a reg who reads the newspaper on his iPad everyday, dudes honest but I think it's terrible he can literally set it on the rail all day, creates opportunity for rampant cheating.. & I wrote this from my smartphone fwiw.. the rule where I play is we can talk on phone @ table while not playing a hand, can change music @ tbl, but if we "type" we have to sit back far enough from tbl not 2 touch cards, silly IMO. Rule enforcement & angle shooting is also incredibly subjective depending on the player, dealer & tny director working @ the time. I suggest tipping well!
    Edited By: bwalz Jun 17th, 2011 at 02:35 AM
    Add bwalz to Rail
  12. people that complain about the smallest, meaningless shit like this are more disgusting to me, imo
    Add msc to Rail
    Originally Posted by whohee View Post

Na really though, the guy takin a piss while he scrolls on his smartphone HAS to be one of the most pathetic things I have ever witnessed, period.

You can trade that flip phone in and get an iphone pretty cheap these days.
    Add Quartersack to Rail
  14. i had to look up what effete meant

Add Goldenad to Rail
  15. You mad?

Add pokerscrub1 to Rail
  16. OP is just having a hard time transitiong from Motorola Razr to iPhone. Get over yourself and your pointless rant.

And Kevmode, if you think someone that
    Looks up your winnings or history while at a
    Live table has an upper hand over u, then he prolly already had an upper hand to begin with. Idk why people complain. It's not like you have a floating vpip # over ur head. I wish everyone at my table was on their phone. They'd be paying less attention to other stuff.
    Edited By: ShyGuy03533 Jun 17th, 2011 at 05:17 AM
    Add ShyGuy03533 to Rail
  17. while youre checking out other guys cocks , ill be checking my bank balance, or facebook or twitter, or sending/reading a text at the urinal. im sorry that modern technology is making you feel like the only guy left who checks out other guys cocks

Add SaulGood to Rail
  18. So someone who is capable of 18 tabling online cant read the news while playing one table @ 35 hands/hr?
    Add supra1988t to Rail
    Originally Posted by supra1988t View Post

So someone who is capable of 18 tabling online cant read the news while playing one table @ 35 hands/hr?

I think you are being naive saying people aren't cheating with their smartphones or whatever device they have. It is very easy to use programs or apps that give you a clear advantage over the table. Using a music device I am ok with. Communication between the person playing and someone on the rail is something that shouldn't be allowed. Someone could be easily coaching through ur table telling you how to play ur stack size and discussing how the other players styles are.
    Edited By: kevmode Jun 17th, 2011 at 07:29 AM

Add kevmode to Rail

I think you are being naive saying people aren't cheating with their smartphones or whatever device they have. It is very easy to use programs or apps that give you a clear advantage over the table. Using a music device I am ok with. Communication between the person playing and someone on the rail is something that shouldn't be allowed. Someone could be easily coaching through ur table telling you how to play ur stack size and discussing how the other players styles are.

dude theres no possible way someone can be texting u hand for hand street for street how to play yours cards. u cant text or even change ur song while u have cards playing. and if u wanted to talk to someone on the rail about someone at ur table, u can just get up and go talk to ur friend in person. get real. no one is using a fkin fake HUD or Live Poker Tracker for an advantage. and as I said, if they are, then they prolly suck anyways and have no chance vs actual pros who are listening to music, reading texts, and sometimes even live multi tabling.
    Edited By: ShyGuy03533 Jun 17th, 2011 at 07:41 AM
    Add ShyGuy03533 to Rail
  21. goddam kids and their innernets

Add CeJeH to Rail
  22. there's nothing wrong with getting up from the table and talking strategy with a buddy. there's also nothing wrong with looking up people on your table. no one's going to sit there when it's their turn to act and everyone's staring at them, break out their phone, type in the flop, their cards, their opponent's range and figure out the correct move, then look up and bet and expect things to be ok. that sheet just doesn't happen

people are always on their phones while on the table generally texting their buddies or updating their twitter. yeah that shit can get annoying if some kid is sexting his girl and it takes him 2 minutes and 3 light taps from the dealer to notice that it's his move. but people that screw up repeatedly like that are usually hoo'd and haw'd at enough by others at the table to figure it out and stop their inattentiveness-causing touchscreen stroking ways
    Edited By: haonhack Jun 17th, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    Reason: yes, i did in fact say hoo'd and haw'd
    Add haonhack to Rail
  23. i'm actually peeing as i type this on my smartphone
    Add random.chu to Rail

Communication between the person playing and someone on the rail is something that shouldn't be allowed. Someone could be easily coaching through ur table telling you how to play ur stack size and discussing how the other players styles are.

nothing to stop someone steppin up from the table going to chat to friends about table/players/coaching etc
    its part of poker, and not cheating fyi, else you wouldnt be allowed to chat to the people around you about hands and shit. only diff is now u can do it sat down instead of gettin up.

also the info is available to every1 so if u feel cheated by them using it an ur not, ur obv too dumb to go get it urself, no edge is really available
    Add mcandrews3rd to Rail

Even if they are cheating they still suck. No worries here.
    Add supra1988t to Rail

Using sngwizard between hands is not cheating. Talking about hands on skype between hands is not cheating. You are just not smart enough to do it.
    Edited By: MakeMeMaster Jun 17th, 2011 at 05:48 PM
    Add MakeMeMaster to Rail
  27. If they're running their hand equity through some pokerstove type app, just look at the cards on the screen? That is until they level you.
    Add wickedfamous to Rail
  28. you're at the stall next to me at the rio.

Add vcehorosho to Rail
    Originally Posted by gar2garvin View Post

lol who gaf

^

Add Whatshoulditbe to Rail
  30. So OP... What do you look at while you pee?

Add ACgaming to Rail