1. Hellmuth is 7/9 entering the final day of the 2-7 Draw Lowball Championship at the WSOP. Will he get bracelet #12?

Vote on our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pocketfives

I don't think it's gonna happen, although I'm sure WSOP officials would love it. Richard Ashby, Joe Cassidy, David "Bakes" Baker, Steve Sung, Greg Raymer, Nick Schulman, and John Juanda are all in the mix as well. Too many top-tier players for Hellmuth, a Hold'em guy, to contend with.

Add Dan to Rail
  2. Doubtful with that cast. GL The Takeover.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  3. NP, Hellmuth can fold his way down to 0 chips and then trap em!
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  4. I"m rooting for Joe Cassidy, great player, humble, and has no bracelet
    Add littleze to Rail
  5. Watching Raymer on the live feed after everyone has left the rail and moved to a table of 8 on the main stage. He's just sitting there alone, on his phone, looking like the game's passed him by.. I'm sure he's actually doing something really stand-up like replying to fan tweets..
    Add Do_Wha to Rail
  6. someone said raymer was ordering a pizza thats why he was on his phone
    Add Ugotdonedirty to Rail
  7. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I could not care less about Helmuth's 12th, or any bracelet. I know the avg poker follower is interested, however, I have no interest. I hope Bakes takes it down to rep some internet players.

Add iLLNuGWichee to Rail
  8. I Personally dont give 2 chits about him. But i would place props that he is going to win it

http://www.wsop.com/2011/live-video/...aspx?TID=11455

live feed btw
    Add MorbidMentality to Rail
  9. 4 handed and Phil has a HUGE chiplead. Here's a link to the live stream.

http://www.wsop.com/2011/live-video/...aspx?TID=11455
    Add SICKTIGHT311 to Rail
  10. The toughest final table he has ever faced for sure. I bet the boards say he just ran good instead of giving the guy a little credit. Is he outdated? Yes, but still impressive against this caliber of a final table.
    Add JksRbetter to Rail
  11. WOW Hellmuth still in with 4:1 chip lead 3 left.

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/updates.asp
    Add Sagacious Man to Rail
  12. how long is the break?
    Add msc to Rail
  13. The break is 60 min

I've been watching the live feed since the start of the day and Hellmuth has been playing freight-train aggro, loose and everytime he gets to a big showdown his opponent is whiffing.

Aggression and luck down the stretch are two huge factors to tournament wins..
    Add Do_Wha to Rail
  14. Wow... It would be Hellmuth's first non-Hold'em bracelet and over a ridiculously tough final table.

He has one live cash according to the Hendon Mob since last October.

Thread StarterAdd Dan to Rail
  15. Don't like Phil much, but he's been playing really well this final table.
    Add Gronksknee to Rail
  16. Heads up with Juanda now. Both are fairly deep.

I laughed when I read this:

Juanda showed up , and Hellmuth could not beat it. He mumbled something about "playing for all the chips", then flashed as he tucked them under and mucked.
    Add Sagacious Man to Rail
  17. Phil is the best of all time
    Add TILTOHOLIC to Rail
  18. the announcers voice/slur/idk somewhat tilts me
    Add msc to Rail
  19. phil crys to damn much
    Add Ugotdonedirty to Rail
  20. maybe a dumb question but having not played a lot of 2-7 (and no single draw experience), how much skill is it in comparison to NLHE?

obv in your opinion. seems like a lot of just straight up guessing and hoping but idk
    Edited By: msc Jun 12th, 2011 at 06:41 AM
    Add msc to Rail
  21. "After John Juanda took two at the draw and Hellmuth drew one, Hellmuth pushed out a bet of 250,000 into the pot. Juanda repopped Hellmuth, making it 650,000 total And Hellmuth folded a ten low face up.
    "F***king wheel!" exclaimed Hellmuth. "You beat a lot of seven draws, don't you JJ?"
    It was at this point that Hellmuth took his glasses and hat off and paced around the tournament area, throwing his arms up in the air.
    "If I pull a three or four, match over! No, I hit a ten and lose 250!"
    "You shouldn't have bet 250. Bet less." retorted Juanda with a smile.
    This hand brings Juanda up to 2,400,000 and Hellmuth down to 1,300,000."

EDIT:
    And gg Hellmuth
    Juanda just shipped it.
    Edited By: ApesAreFun Jun 12th, 2011 at 08:28 AM
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  22. Anyone else lose connection to the feed>?
    Add MorbidMentality to Rail
  23. Juanda wins!! Congrats! wp
    Add Blu SeVenZ to Rail
  24. not a big Juanda fan but sick of Hellmuth's ego, gg tho for both
    Add littleze to Rail
  25. Oh man, here we go again. Hellmuth is in the final 18 of the Seven Card Stud High-Low Championship:

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chip...=821&tid=11472

He has a ridiculous amount of talent to get through, though: Seidel, Laak, Benyamine, Eslami, Ramos, Tehan, Chen, PearlJammer, Boosted J...

The restart is at 3pm PT.

Thread StarterAdd Dan to Rail
  26. GL Phil! I mean Phil Laak obv
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  27. sigh....hellmuth is just washed up isn't he. didn't he FT a WSOP event last year too???? 45th in the ME about 5 years ago....

yep...game has passed him buy for sure. haters love to hate this guy, but......

you know what i love...Jordan Young taking shots at PH in his "well" when he was #1 on-line pro in the world. "some of us still use PH top ten hands..." JY....who has zero bracelets that i know of, could ship the ME tomorrow and he may be the next big thing but still so far away from what PH has done, and in case nobody's noticed, is still doing.

not bad for an also ran.....
    Add gjallen1975 to Rail
    Originally Posted by gjallen1975 View Post

sigh....hellmuth is just washed up isn't he. didn't he FT a WSOP event last year too???? 45th in the ME about 5 years ago....

yep...game has passed him buy for sure. haters love to hate this guy, but......

you know what i love...Jordan Young taking shots at PH in his "well" when he was #1 on-line pro in the world. "some of us still use PH top ten hands..." JY....who has zero bracelets that i know of, could ship the ME tomorrow and he may be the next big thing but still so far away from what PH has done, and in case nobody's noticed, is still doing.

not bad for an also ran.....

lol he's just running good in a few games he is prob totally clueless at

his problem is he think he is the best, so he doesn't wanna improve anymore
    Edited By: MakeMeMaster Jun 20th, 2011 at 09:25 PM
    Add MakeMeMaster to Rail

29. 4,2,1,3 ?
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

4,2,1,3 ?

def
    Add MakeMeMaster to Rail