See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Add P5s Staff to Rail
  2. That's one pricey book.IMO
    Add zamboni1724 to Rail
  3. Pricey!
    Add Cabo to Rail
  4. $117 for a BOOK? Thats absurd..
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  5. $117, lol? Maybe 5-10 players in the world I'd pay $100+ to read a book about, sadly this fellow does not show up on said list.
    Edited By: the_dean22 Nov 29th, 2011 at 10:25 PM

the_dean22 is an instructor at PocketFives Training . To get more of his advice and to watch his training videos, click here.

Add the_dean22 to Rail
    Originally Posted by the_dean22 View Post

$117, lol? Maybe 5-10 players in the world I'd pay $100+ to read a book about, sadly this fellow does not show up on said list.

^pretty much this
    Add ReadIcculus to Rail
  7. yeah library ftw!
    Add frizzlefry777 to Rail
  8. Imo Jared Tendlers book is better value for money and hes a qualified psychologist- having said that im sure Tri has done his research on this
    Add red_danger to Rail
  9. but u can get it for a much better price if you use that p5's code :P
    Add double_kyan to Rail
  10. He intends on making his 2nd million by selling his book at that price. Lol, what a joke.
    Add WSOP Legend to Rail
  11. Like anybody would buy a book from a complete unknown for over 100 bux... I at least never heard of him and dont rly care if he binked 1M in a wsop or something lol. Id rather buy a gboro or moorman book for like 1k than this.
    Add RedIceRap to Rail
  12. he has sold books for something crazy like 800$ or something. I think even more. This is actually the lease expensive book I have ever seen him sell.
    Edited By: DrDankRx23 Nov 30th, 2011 at 02:24 AM
    Add DrDankRx23 to Rail
  13. This is the guy who co-authored the book "Let there be Range" with Cole South (CTS). The book was priced in the thousands lol

I think Tri's name was SlowHabit or something like that.
    Add Mozambee to Rail
  14. how many books can you even sell at that price? I mean, if it took him two years to write the book, how much does he want to recoup from the book? How much could he?

in all seriousness, could this book even sell more than 200 copies?
    Add JerrysWorld to Rail
    Originally Posted by RedIceRap View Post

Like anybody would buy a book from a complete unknown for over 100 bux... I at least never heard of him and dont rly care if he binked 1M in a wsop or something lol. Id rather buy a gboro or moorman book for like 1k than this.

This
    Add Ahurazor to Rail
  16. funny people pay $100 an hour for coaching but they mock forking over a little bit of money for a book.

I've read several of tri's books and they were all quite good.

tourney donks, imo
    Add apology7 to Rail
    Originally Posted by the_dean22 View Post

$117, lol? Maybe 5-10 players in the world I'd pay $100+ to read a book about, sadly this fellow does not show up on said list.

i would pay upwards of $350 for a book written by you, gray
    Add random.chu to Rail
    Originally Posted by RedIceRap View Post

Like anybody would buy a book from a complete unknown for over 100 bux... I at least never heard of him and dont rly care if he binked 1M in a wsop or something lol. Id rather buy a gboro or moorman book for like 1k than this.

First of all he's not unknown, unlike you. Second, people can and will pay over 100. I know that because he previously sold a book for over 1k..

Selling a book for 100 that talks about making a million dollars, seems reasonable.

Not saying I'm gonna buy it but don't knock it until you try it.

Add ACgaming to Rail
  19. I'd buy Moorman1's book for $1000 if he ever wrote one.

Add Poker Invest to Rail
    Originally Posted by apology7 View Post

funny people pay $100 an hour for coaching but they mock forking over a little bit of money for a book.

Originally Posted by ACgaming View Post

Not saying I'm gonna buy it but don't knock it until you try it.

agreed
    Add shanetrain22 to Rail
  21. An hour of training costs more than $100 from most trainers. I am not saying that I would pay $100 for a book, but the same people payings thousands of dollars for training, would possibly be interested in paying $100 for a book.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  22. should name next book how i lost my last million = asking people to overpay for a poker book lolz

Add donkeytrap26 to Rail
  23. lol @ unknown. this guy is the sickest. co-authored let there be range and that other plo book (forgot the name). all you clueless p5s artards need to relax and stop hating.

Add driftdc5 to Rail
  24. if you're serious about poker $117 isn't shit to invest in making yourself better. and its just that, an investment. thats like one $100 buy in that you'd prob donk out of anyway. ive paid over $200 for college textbooks, and i guarantee i could learn better money making skills from this book than those. besides, the guy made a mirrion dollars.*
    Edited By: clemsonrich Nov 30th, 2011 at 06:51 PM
    Reason: *pre black friday. post, nfw.

Add clemsonrich to Rail
    Originally Posted by ApesAreFun View Post

$117 for a BOOK? Thats absurd..

ABSURD! but in a way kinda sexy

for $117 it better have pictures

Add Salamander0 to Rail
  26. every1 is yelln 117 but its available for less than 90 bux buy it or dont.........use tht p5's code though .........
    Add double_kyan to Rail
    Originally Posted by double_kyan View Post

every1 is yelln 117 but its available for less than 90 bux buy it or dont.........use tht p5's code though .........

Agreed that if you're going to buy it, the 10% off code P5 is the way to go.

Add Dan to Rail
  28. Well now we know how he really made his first million in poker... Raping on this book lol

Add Muggerman to Rail
  29. Certainly implies there is value in the price. Also is a clever way of getting free press. ZOMG over $100!?!?
    Edited By: Mr Galt Nov 30th, 2011 at 07:22 PM
    Reason: well, we know it wasn't a cure for acne
    Add Mr Galt to Rail
    Originally Posted by random.chu View Post

i would pay upwards of $350 for a book written by you, gray

lol, ty mr. chu. I'll be sure to reserve u a copy of the graybone poetry compilation volume 1

Wacky, while I def understand ur point that a 1-on-1 training lesson typically costs around 100$, I personally think that a coaching lesson with one-on-one teaching and interaction with a top tier player, is going to be far more beneficial to a mid level player than reading this book will be. It's crazy how many leaks I can spot in one hour of watching a low/mid stakes player grind while doing a lesson, as opposed to someone just reading about what they "should" do in tournaments, rather than having it explained to you in-game. Best of luck to this guy, I just think he mighta benefited from a lil supply/demand study and realize his price point is a tad high
    Add the_dean22 to Rail