[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I get that men are allowed to play in the Ladies-only event, but if they win, is the WSOP required to give them the bracelet? They'd still have to be awarded the money because of EEOC rules, but I don't the same argument could be made for the trophy.
  2. I don't agree with separating men and women in poker. Physical sports I do agree with the separation. Women are just as capable of winning in poker as men.
  3. shaun deeb is so gross makes me wanna puke!!!! what women in their right mind would bang that dude!
  4. They should allow males to enter as bounties or somethin
  5. i mean shaun deeb could pass as a women he does have man boobs
    Originally Posted by yjbrewer View Post

I don't agree with separating men and women in poker. Physical sports I do agree with the separation. Women are just as capable of winning in poker as men.

So fucking this. Its not like you're playing hoops with them and gonna dominate them because you are physically bigger and stronger.

I mean if you are looking for the most +ev situation as a poker player and think you have a bigger edge in the women's event why not enter?

I mean its a sexist view to think men are better than women at poker. Its also a sexist to make a women only tourney. There's no men's only tourney!

And LOL at pros getting butt hurt over this. They are basically also being sexist reasoning men are better than women at poker and drawing an ethical line in the sand based on that.

Side note, are there similar issues at the senior event?
  7. Pretty egotistical tweet by Doc. One thing to say you don't think people should play but, Doc Thinks he is god.
    "I wont talk to you for 12 months" That's his sentence. Thanks Your Honor. lol
    Edited By: pimpnuho Jun 28th, 2012 at 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cptn_Squishy View Post

I get that men are allowed to play in the Ladies-only event, but if they win, is the WSOP required to give them the bracelet? They'd still have to be awarded the money because of EEOC rules, but I don't the same argument could be made for the trophy.

According to WSOP officials, the WSOP does not have to award a male winner of the Ladies Event with a bracelet.

9. Men should have to pay twice the buy in as women to play in the event...that will solve many things.However, there shouldn't be a tournament that is segregated by sex. Men are NOT smarter than women.
    Originally Posted by Gameslut View Post

Men are NOT smarter than women.

LOL
  11. Well we have a Seniors Event and a Womens event. I guess a Black only or a White only event will be coming in the near future.
  12. unless the wsop fixes this, its ev for any male to play. its about money people. i mean, daniel negranue is talking sht about men entering for ev, when he actually belongs in that tournament and is probably getting blinded off somewhere. cant fault a major league athlete for playing in a pickup game and crushing it now can we. negranue is irrelevant people, what does he do??

Originally Posted by MILKJuicE View Post

unless the wsop fixes this, its ev for any male to play. its about money people. i mean, daniel negranue is talking sht about men entering for ev, when he actually belongs in that tournament and is probably getting blinded off somewhere. cant fault a major league athlete for playing in a pickup game and crushing it now can we. negranue is irrelevant people, what does he do??

I LOLed
  14. why on earth was there a womens event in the first place....and how are there STILL womens events?!?! has everyone not realised that whole concept is backward and retarded when it comes to poker....LOL
    Edited By: hitthenuts Jun 29th, 2012 at 02:04 AM
  15. I dont think its really designed because women believe they are not as good as males. The fact is, women generally compete separately in most sports due to genetic differences, so there is no reason why they can not have a tournament specifically for women. Why is there such negativity. Why the hell would any guy care when there are 60 other events to play in. How are they disadvantaged? It would attract more women to the wsop anyway. I guess there are plenty of guys who would prefer to only have guys at the WSOP so it seems. It is good to promote and be positive about any female involvement in poker for aesthetic and 'ev' reasons.

16. I support the event as it is good for the game. The fact is that some women are reluctant to compete against men as they feel intimidated. If a single sex game is the way to get them to dabble then I have no problem with that. There is a real business angle to poker and its continued success.
  17. Who cares if the men play the ladies event? Can we just make sure that deeb atleast wears a bra. Jeez look at those nips. Jennifer Tilly who.

18. this isnt about seperation, this is about allowing women in what is often a boys world, play against each other and have some fun for once, instead of feeling like outsiders. men should not play in this event, period, and I don't understand why any real man would care that a bunch of women get to play their own tournament when theres like 50 events. theres already a mens only tournament, and its basically every tournament at the wsop. anyone who defends men playing in this tournament for seperation reasons is lying to themselves and the community by trying to justify playing in a tournament they believe theyre hugely EV in. Poker being the scumbag filled community it is, everyones looking for an edge, and theyll lie as much as possible to save face while gaining that edge.
  19. Very well said, downbylaw. There's nothing to add.

20. Edge--- after all these years that is what I thought poker was about. Since its not I guess no ladies event for me next year
  21. well said downbylaw!

22. this argument is stupid.anyone who thinks that the ladies wsop is 'sexist' clearly doesn't understand the benefits/need for affirmative action in this country.pathetic.
  23. WTF are you talking about? It is, by definition, about seperation. To try to make the case that having a women's event is allowing women into a boy's world is just dumb and ignores the fact that the presence of this tournament has done nothing to bring more women to the game. If amateurs want to play the Series they have to compete against the pros. It gets old having to read the same tired shit every year about this tournament. Get rid of it.
    Originally Posted by ICyberU View Post

Very well said, downbylaw. There's nothing to add.

WUT? This was NOT well said... this was a bunch of jibberish that really didn't add anything to the discussion. Like a poster above said, should we have a "Blacks Only" tournament so guys like Dwyte Pilgrim can feel more comfortable?
    Originally Posted by downbylaw11 View Post

Poker being the scumbag filled community it is.

Perhaps so but I have seen more articles about poker players donating their winnings to charity than all other sports combined.