[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1. You know the deal, trying to re-transition to the live cash game. I'm playing 2/5 NL at my local casino in Florida and I'm looking for suggestions/tips(?) on what people think would be good spots to 3bet/4bet in a game where people have very little clue in what they're doing and even less of idea what anyone else is doing. My strategy is to play my bigs hands, set mind my smaller PPs (77-) and play my position when I came with suited connectors and "big" cards. I've been fairly successful, so far.
     
    Add TheLegend to Rail
  2. u cld always 3 bet in position to build a pot and mix up your play sometimes and even 3bet oop also.sooted conn are a very good versatile hand to win big pots and wen u 3bet them it makes others think u have a way better hand and u add some deception and will get folds alot if u put some pressure on
    Raise
    Add PocketSims to Rail
  3. where in florida do you play?

    Cut your 3b drastically. I'am only 3b huge hands. The thing about the cash games especially in florida is that they are so bad there is no reason to inflate the pot pre bc you can literally blot the pot on any street.
    Set mining is the easiest way to dump money playing live cash with out even knowing it. Especially in these games in florida where most people are not even buying in 100bb deep. Its rare for me to see spots where stacks are deep enough to set mine.
     1
    Raise
    Add DrDankRx23 to Rail
  4. I would rather see him 3 bet light than open light. In my experience, these weaker players will see a flop almost no matter what. but they are a litttle afraid to play vs 3 bets pre. So often you can take the pot down with a cbet when you 3 bet pre.
    Edited By: GoBilliards Jun 12th, 2011 at 05:08 PM
     
    Raise
    Add GoBilliards to Rail
  5.  
    Originally Posted by GoBilliards View Post

    I would rather see him 3 bet light than open light. In my experience, these weaker players will see a flop almost no matter what. but they are a litttle afraid to play vs 3 bets pre. So often you can take the pot down with a cbet when you 3 bet pre.

    Yup, i play 1/2 2/5 At winstar in OK and cannot tell you how puckered up people get when you 3b pre. just continuation bet and more so then not its yours. Also have to be selective on who you 3bet pre at the table though...
    Raise
    Add UNeed2Learn to Rail
  6.  
    Originally Posted by DrDankRx23 View Post

    where in florida do you play?

    Cut your 3b drastically. I'am only 3b huge hands. The thing about the cash games especially in florida is that they are so bad there is no reason to inflate the pot pre bc you can literally blot the pot on any street.
    Set mining is the easiest way to dump money playing live cash with out even knowing it. Especially in these games in florida where most people are not even buying in 100bb deep. Its rare for me to see spots where stacks are deep enough to set mine.

    Interested in this. Could well be a leak of mine...

    I find that i set mine ton due to the fact people stack off with top top so easy. Plus the games I usually play (1/2) you can flat an utg raise utg+1 and 3 or 4 people will always come along. Always thought it was worth doin
    With pairs. Interested to hear why not.
    Raise
    Add deadeyehank to Rail
  7. 1. You don't want to set mine the smaller PPs to 3 bet vs most players, its a leak

    2. People don't fold to 3 bets, so usually just 3 bet your better hands, like AQ and AK +, dont bluff so much.

    Hope that helps

    Jeremy
    Raise
    Add JeremySteinhausen to Rail
  8.  
    Originally Posted by deadeyehank View Post

    Interested in this. Could well be a leak of mine...

    I find that i set mine ton due to the fact people stack off with top top so easy. Plus the games I usually play (1/2) you can flat an utg raise utg+1 and 3 or 4 people will always come along. Always thought it was worth doin
    With pairs. Interested to hear why not.

    yeah, it seems that you should be able to profitably set mine as long as you are getting implied odds > 14:1
    Add rayspizza to Rail
  9.  

    where in florida do you play?

    Cut your 3b drastically. I'am only 3b huge hands. The thing about the cash games especially in florida is that they are so bad there is no reason to inflate the pot pre bc you can literally blot the pot on any street.
    Set mining is the easiest way to dump money playing live cash with out even knowing it. Especially in these games in florida where most people are not even buying in 100bb deep. Its rare for me to see spots where stacks are deep enough to set mine.

    I play in Tampa, at the Hard Rock Casino. That's about my range for 3betting right now, only I'd say top 5 hands. You're absolutely correct about the pot bloating and set mining. At some places around Tampa/St. Pete area you catch 2/5 games with stacks of 200 around the table. I try stay away from those kind of spots, where my implied odds are than less optimal.

     

    I would rather see him 3 bet light than open light. In my experience, these weaker players will see a flop almost no matter what. but they are a litttle afraid to play vs 3 bets pre. So often you can take the pot down with a cbet when you 3 bet pre.

    Also a true statement. They all want in the hand, but once the flop comes and the pressure amps up, they tend to shy away. I'm just searching for that range and/or that particular spot, being that are many variables. The biggest one being that people buy-in/leave themselves so light. I remember a spot a couple days ago where I wanted to 3bet light, but one of callers to the raise had a low enough stack where he could give the "f it" call.

     

    1. You don't want to set mine the smaller PPs to 3 bet vs most players, its a leak

    2. People don't fold to 3 bets, so usually just 3 bet your better hands, like AQ and AK +, dont bluff so much.

    1. I don't call off 3bets to set mine. Sorry, if I implied that, unless the situation dictates.

    2. That's the mind set I go to the table with. However, those hands don't always profit the way you hope they would. I'm trying to find every edge I can. I think focusing more on my reads (aka not playing on my iphone) would help in this area.

    Thanks Jeremy

     

    yeah, it seems that you should be able to profitably set mine as long as you are getting implied odds > 14:1

    They do stack off. Have to find the right guys though.
     
    Thread StarterAdd TheLegend to Rail