[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Long story short, ive hated my job for awhile but am unfortunately too responsible to just quit. So the company took care of that today, woop woop.

Amazing timing too...just got back from an 8 day vaca, and Chicago Poker Classic starts today.

Think Im going to take my time looking for a new job and try this poker thing out for serious for a few months/summer. Reserving this spot to edit in 2 months when i hate my life.

Add shane3769 to Rail
  2. best of luck!
    Add Brian Lerner to Rail
  3. Let me be the first to say - GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
    Add pjwiiikms to Rail
  4. same thing happened to me a year and a half ago and I went on to make almost 10 years worth of my really crappy salary since (yeah sick brag). so best of luck to you OP I hope it turns out well for ya
    Add apology7 to Rail
  5. Good Luck ! Volume ftw!

Add FBorges to Rail
    Originally Posted by apology7 View Post

same thing happened to me a year and a half ago and I went on to make almost 10 years worth of my really crappy salary since (yeah sick brag). so best of luck to you OP I hope it turns out well for ya

ha...well illl just settle for making 5 years of my salary.

thanks for the GL's....figured o/u for a negative response was 3 posts :)

Thread StarterAdd shane3769 to Rail
  7. Gogogogogo! Good luck!! My work contract with the goverment ends in September! I cant wait to grind large volume for a month or 2!!
    Edited By: Arty_the_Cat Feb 25th, 2011 at 07:25 PM

Add Arty_the_Cat to Rail
  8. GL
    Add aniceboy to Rail
  9. Was told in March '10, company will be under new management in April and would need to find a new employer or relocate with old company. Decided to take time off and play poker full-time. My 2nd week of being unemployed, chopped the Sunday Million and Super Tuesday. So yeah, good things can happen from all of this. I wish you the best of luck

Raise
    Add neuby to Rail
  10. Best of luck my man as i have never had the time to play volume until now! I myself was laid off from a 70K a year job last August; But instead of saying fuck it i decided to get a crappy job making $14hr driving roll-off trucks. Well one week before Christmas i was informed that i was no longer needed for the crappy paying job. LOL I have always in my mind been pretty good at poker,but never really had the time to take it real serious like i wanted to. Well just like you i started last week or so playing fulltime; While i look for work of course. But hopefully by then i will have made a decent score or two!
    any good luck and ill be keeping an eye on you!!!!!!

YOURS TRULY-"The Unemployed"
    AKA-Sr8AcEto5

Raise
    Add willmccoy to Rail
  11. Ive never seen such a happy laid off post so for that i wish you all the best
    Edited By: TheWhitePele Feb 25th, 2011 at 08:37 PM
    Add TheWhitePele to Rail
  12. Good luck man
    Add BIGSLICKLEV to Rail
    Originally Posted by neuby View Post

Was told in March '10, company will be under new management in April and would need to find a new employer or relocate with old company. Decided to take time off and play poker full-time. My 2nd week of being unemployed, chopped the Sunday Million and Super Tuesday. So yeah, good things can happen from all of this. I wish you the best of luck

Wow that is crazy and awesome. GLGL though OP hopefully you can have half the first months success of this dude.

Add P33J to Rail
  14. Glad to hear your happy about being laid off.. good luck with poker. Keep us updated on the progress
    Add Ronye to Rail
  15. Wow! Hope it turns out good! GL dude.

P.S Post updates obv.
    Edited By: DFH Feb 25th, 2011 at 09:43 PM
    Add DFH to Rail
  16. im in the same boat as of a few hours ago, hated the job but got a kid and girl. gunna go for it in large portions... wish me luck and/or advice ;)
    Add LeedsJay to Rail
  17. What a coincidence, Chevron laid 550 of us off this morning... So, I'm in the same boat. Deposited at Full Tilt and Stars and I'm going to make a go at poker, while looking for another job of course... That's what the wife thinks anyway. : )

GL to you sir!
    Raise
    Add RvrRatKilla to Rail
    Originally Posted by neuby View Post

Was told in March '10, company will be under new management in April and would need to find a new employer or relocate with old company. Decided to take time off and play poker full-time. My 2nd week of being unemployed, chopped the Sunday Million and Super Tuesday. So yeah, good things can happen from all of this. I wish you the best of luck

Jesus christ thats sick

Add Donnie2005.2 to Rail
  19. gl op, take this opportunity for all it's got and enjoy your time! i'm done with the air force at the end of may and am ready to grind the summer out
    Add haonhack to Rail
  20. GL man! I hope you crush right off the bat.
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
  21. glgl
    Add yakiddoson to Rail
    Originally Posted by LeedsJay View Post

im in the same boat as of a few hours ago, hated the job but got a kid and girl. gunna go for it in large portions... wish me luck and/or advice ;)

Originally Posted by RvrRatKilla View Post

What a coincidence, Chevron laid 550 of us off this morning... So, I'm in the same boat. Deposited at Full Tilt and Stars and I'm going to make a go at poker, while looking for another job of course... That's what the wife thinks anyway. : )

GL to you sir!

Dang the layoffs are contagious!!! I wish you guys more luck than myself, as I have essentially absolutely zero responsibilities other than not derailing my pretty solid career path too much, and kids/wives are something I don't have to consider

Raise
    Thread StarterAdd shane3769 to Rail
  23. gl guys..im a nyc teacher and may be in the same boat by september!
    Add SigmaBetaRho to Rail
  24. GL hope everything works out for you!

Add tarzan4 to Rail
  25. GL - I'm jealous. Can't nut up and quit my job. Trying to make money doing both. So far that's working.

Win I win a bracelet this summer I may finally quit. (=

Add PetiteMoose to Rail
    Originally Posted by RvrRatKilla View Post

What a coincidence, Chevron laid 550 of us off this morning... So, I'm in the same boat. Deposited at Full Tilt and Stars and I'm going to make a go at poker, while looking for another job of course... That's what the wife thinks anyway. : )

GL to you sir!

welp 3/4 in 75k gl
    Edited By: Appst08 Mar 2nd, 2011 at 08:13 AM

Add Appst08 to Rail
  27. Thanks!
    Add RvrRatKilla to Rail
  28. I will not wish you luck.

I will wish you hard work, determination and a solid control over your emotions.
    Add FouTight to Rail
    Originally Posted by FouTight View Post

I will not wish you luck.

I will wish you hard work, determination and a solid control over your emotions.

Damn...I like that...I need to take that approach to poker...

And not trying to hijack the post but good job Rvrratkilla in the 75k last night u got 3rd right?
    Add flipxpelon562 to Rail
  30. Your'e gonna win!
    Add General $cum to Rail