1. Stage #1623587730 Tourney ID 4339392 Holdem Sit & Go Multi Table Tournament No Limit 300 - 2009-04-29 03:47:09 (ET)
    Table: 3 (Real Money) Seat #4 is the dealer
    Seat 1 - SPUNKINYOFAC (2,351 in chips)
    Seat 2 - SHETLAND (9,377 in chips)
    Seat 3 - HARV3 (3,415 in chips)
    Seat 4 - AZZKICKER114 (7,083 in chips)
    Seat 5 - EPIDEMIC99 (4,658 in chips)
    Seat 6 - DEVIANTMAGUAI (18,031 in chips)
    Seat 7 - BOBBERT_420 (1,655 in chips)
    Seat 8 - N2KFACTOR (4,226 in chips)
    Seat 9 - POKERFAZED (16,704 in chips)
    SPUNKINYOFAC - Ante 25
    SHETLAND - Ante 25
    HARV3 - Ante 25
    AZZKICKER114 - Ante 25
    EPIDEMIC99 - Ante 25
    DEVIANTMAGUAI - Ante 25
    BOBBERT_420 - Ante 25
    N2KFACTOR - Ante 25
    POKERFAZED - Ante 25
    EPIDEMIC99 - Posts small blind 150
    DEVIANTMAGUAI - Posts big blind 300
    *** POCKET CARDS ***
    Dealt to N2KFACTOR [Kh As]
    BOBBERT_420 - Folds
    N2KFACTOR - Raises 775 to 775
    POKERFAZED - Folds
    SPUNKINYOFAC - Folds
    SHETLAND - Folds
    HARV3 - Folds
    AZZKICKER114 - Folds
    EPIDEMIC99 - Folds
    DEVIANTMAGUAI - Calls 475
    *** FLOP *** [8d 9d 7s]
    DEVIANTMAGUAI - Bets 1,500
    N2KFACTOR - Folds (Fold & Show [Kh As])
    DEVIANTMAGUAI - returned (1,500) : not called
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    DEVIANTMAGUAI - Does not show
    DEVIANTMAGUAI Collects 1,925 from main pot
    Add n2kfactor to Rail
  2. Raising the amount I like to here (4-6x BB) in normal situations is such a high percentage of your stack that you'd be pot-committed, so I'd be going all-in.
    Add hushpuckena to Rail
  3. Here it may be proper to just jam pre from your position in the cutoff. The BB has plenty of chips and may be apt to call pretty light (Weak ace etc) if he thinks you are just going for a steal.

I think your preflop raise is simply too small. It gives you too many decisions to make. Thus this awkward position. You have to raise enough here to commit yourself with a lil more than 10BBs to start the hand.

As played it is correct to fold on the flop.
    Raise
    Add LordPye to Rail
    Originally Posted by LordPye View Post

Here it may be proper to just jam pre from your position in the cutoff. The BB has plenty of chips and may be apt to call pretty light (Weak ace etc) if he thinks you are just going for a steal.

Um our hero was not in the cutoff, but middle position.
    Raise
    Add sotti to Rail
  5. For the most part my raise formula is 3xBB + 1BB for each limper in front of you (if the pot is unopened or is a limped pot). If you raise size is ever greater thatn 1/3rd of you stack you should shove (unless you have AA or maybe KK and want some action). A raised pot is entirely situationly dependant, so there isn't anykind of formula once someone opens.

So you raise is a little small, but not really too small.

What do you think the villian has preflop? What do you think he has post flop?

These are the questions that need to be answered before you can figure out weather this was a good fold or not.

My opinion hear is that a slightly larger raise(up to 1200 or so) would not have made a difference and making a much larger raise would be inadvisable (>1200). Post flop this becomes very player dependant. It would help alot to have seen the villian make this sort of play before. Given his stack size I'd say his range is huge wich makes it praticularly difficult to gauge where you stand. If he has any kind of pair or draw he's going to call you so I believe you have very little fold equity here, so the only reason to shove would be that you believe against his range you are ahead. I can't honestly say I'd think you would be.
    Raise
    Add sotti to Rail
    Originally Posted by sotti View Post

Originally Posted by LordPye View Post

Here it may be proper to just jam pre from your position in the cutoff. The BB has plenty of chips and may be apt to call pretty light (Weak ace etc) if he thinks you are just going for a steal.

Um our hero was not in the cutoff, but middle position.

Oopzz. Misread HH. Still jam.
    Raise
    Add LordPye to Rail
  7. So putting in 14 BB from UTG+1 is a good idea?

I suppose the argument for that is:
    You'll get more folds
    You should always call a preflop 3 bet all-in
    AK is a drawing hand that's more likely to be best on the river than it is on the flop.

Arguments against shoving would likely be:
    You can raise a larger # of hand if your opponents don't know weather you'll call a 3bet shove. Conversly opponents may recognize you only raise hands you're willing to fold and you shove hands you woudl always call with.
    You might get more value from the hands that would call a raise and check fold the flop.
    You might get more value from hands like AQ/AJ where you'd likely stack them on the flop if an A hits, but they can't reasonably call your preflop shove.
    Raise
    Add sotti to Rail
  8. To say that your stack in this spot is 14x the BB oversimplifies things, as it doesn't take the antes into account, which is why I said the M is 6. (antes are 25 x 9, plus blinds of 450= 675 , divided into c 4200)

You're going to miss the flop with an unpaired hand 70% of the time, and I'm not wild about raising to 900-1200, then having to throw my hand away, not to mention that I'l be playing from out of position most of the time. If ace or king comes on the flop, it's going to be hard to make any more off the hand when facing even QQ/JJ if I'm sitting opposite someone who can play.
    Raise
    Add hushpuckena to Rail
  9. Definite fold on the flop unless you were holding the AdKd. Nice play, but u probablly should have raised a bit more pre-flop to shove the loose caller away. Gave him a cheap chance to hit his crap hand and that's exactly what he did.
    Raise
    Add stackdown to Rail