[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Maybe i should stop watching game 7 and focus... so no reads here. I dont like betting turn really kinda forces him to have a hand, and i get to use some pot control. River tho im pretty clueless. Hes betting 10k into 9800 chip pot leaving like 7-8k behind im not sure why hed bluff this big. But my hand is disguised and there is def a chance he could have a worse A perhaps and or air. And obv a flush is very possible as well. Long story short as played can i fold riv?

bleh copy and paste isnt working sorry here it is: http://www.pokerhand.org/?3343838
    Add doubledave22 to Rail
  2. i def call...i think the only thing you lose to is a flush, or i gues sommmmeeetimes A9. over-bets on the river are a lot of times the nuts, but in this case your hand is just too under-repped, and he def could be valuebetting a weaker A
    Raise

Gags30 is an instructor at PocketFives Training . To get more of his advice and to watch his training videos, click here.

Add Gags30 to Rail
  3. cant tell but ru on button? pretty tough to fold w/ the check behind on turn.

Add POKER_PANDA to Rail
    Originally Posted by POKER_PANDA View Post

cant tell but ru on button? pretty tough to fold w/ the check behind on turn.

well...idk. the more i think about it, against a good player i can find a fold here...but against a random in the mulligan, i don't think so
    Raise
    Add Gags30 to Rail
  5. I think you call here-- unless the 2 changes your mind in any way.

Villain could easily be reading weakness on the check behind - looks like you might be scared of the A or flush.

How would you hav eplayed it if you had bet the turn and he had called or re-popped? I think you should make your decision here based on the way you would have reacted to those plays.

If you bet 5k on turn and he calls and then he leads a small 5k on river, do you call? It's the same money (though not same odds of course)

You are either deep in value-town or probably way ahead. Guess you need to decide if he's got the guts to bluff that big or would val bet ya that big.

Tough spot. I'd make the crying call.

Raise
    Add bonflizubi to Rail
  6. Fold. What could he possibly have that you beat here?

Add Karls_Hungus to Rail
  7. Bet the turn.
    Add negativeROI to Rail
  8. I think it's a call as played. Because you checked behind the A on the turn, I think he'd probably be more inclined to value bet smaller if he had a big hand, rather than potting it. Also, if he's calling with non-A suited cards oop pre flop to an utg raiser, he's probably semi-bluff check-raising a flush draw on a flop without high cards (because what better flop can he really hope for?). Makes the flush a bit less likely. Two-pair hands can be mostly ruled out unless you have a read that he's awful. All it really leaves is 999/444 or a whole bunch of bluffs that you crush and you're getting 2:1 on the call.

Raise
    Add m_hawk_1 to Rail
  9. looks like a fold to me

Add PiKappRaider to Rail
  10. i dont really see what your beating here...only thing that makes sense is a busted straight draw but the check/call on the flop means hes got hand or draw and i dont think hes leading out with just a pair in that spot on the river...my guess is he had flush betting a little more then the pot to make it look like a steal attempt...fold imo
    Raise
    Add sobizzle21 to Rail
  11. wow, this sucks with no reads. i think if u'r going to check the turn u have to be willing to call on the river, just too much he can do that with and some randoms will still basically overbet their bluffs. if its a good player i can get away from it if i truly think he's doing this for value but i'd need to know that he dsnt think i'm a thinking player. . .
    Raise
    Add melissa2141 to Rail
  12. I feel like your beat! He has flush, but its a tough laydown. Big laydowns better than hero calls imo
    Add ImaBustYou to Rail
  13. He is either a good player and knows he can represent the flush and is betting with 910 or 78(he was in blind right?)

or he got flush.

Probably leaning more to flush. Fold
    Add ZeeDustin to Rail
  14. very sick spot Dave...I lean towards a fold...as played, looks like he float called flop to spike that club...he checks turn hoping you continue your aggression, and then pumps river hoping you have a hand like AK and can't find a fold...I don't have your results, but the way the hand was played-there's just not much you're beating here at the end...
    Raise
    Add DoobiousJ to Rail
  15. this seems like a pretty clear fold to me without any reads and/or notes.

Add skanky980 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Gags30 View Post

Originally Posted by POKER_PANDA View Post

cant tell but ru on button? pretty tough to fold w/ the check behind on turn.

well...idk. the more i think about it, against a good player i can find a fold here...but against a random in the mulligan, i don't think so

Ok this is wrong. Id be more inclined to fold to a weak player (or a random) here than a strong player.

This particular hand definitely looks like a fold to me. I don't see how you could have him beat here.
    Raise
    Add taypaur to Rail
  17. thx for responses i was pretty sure it was a fold but i tend to lean more towards being a station in these situations cause i use alot of pot control in my game hence alot of ppl try to bluff rivers on me similiar situations. Problem is overbets are like 99% the nuts from my exp so def a fold in hindsight. He had JQcc nh
    Raise
    Thread StarterAdd doubledave22 to Rail
    Originally Posted by doubledave22 View Post

thx for responses i was pretty sure it was a fold but i tend to lean more towards being a station in these situations cause i use alot of pot control in my game hence alot of ppl try to bluff rivers on me similiar situations. Problem is overbets are like 99% the nuts from my exp so def a fold in hindsight. He had JQcc nh

valuable piece of info that i need to learn imo

Raise
    Add POKER_PANDA to Rail