[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. pokerstars Hand #76074362780: Tournament #518870192, $4.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (60/120) - 2012/02/23 14:11:34 WET [2012/02/23 9:11:34 ET]
    Table '518870192 13' 8-max Seat #3 is the button
    Seat 1: Ha'det'sjovt (9863 in chips)
    Seat 2: sammytc1011 (14090 in chips)
    Seat 3: lilbil=aces (4665 in chips)
    Seat 4: unggnu (3008 in chips)
    Seat 5: Articunah (4480 in chips)
    Seat 6: mirfil (13138 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 7: Sasha-60 (7486 in chips)
    Seat 8: GREEKTOTAL (8510 in chips)
    Ha'det'sjovt: posts the ante 15
    sammytc1011: posts the ante 15
    lilbil=aces: posts the ante 15
    unggnu: posts the ante 15
    Articunah: posts the ante 15
    mirfil: posts the ante 15
    Sasha-60: posts the ante 15
    GREEKTOTAL: posts the ante 15
    unggnu: posts small blind 60
    Articunah: posts big blind 120
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to sammytc1011 [Qs Qc]
    mirfil: folds
    Sasha-60: folds
    GREEKTOTAL: calls 120
    Ha'det'sjovt: calls 120
    sammytc1011: raises 360 to 480
    lilbil=aces: folds
    unggnu: folds
    Articunah: folds
    GREEKTOTAL: calls 360
    Ha'det'sjovt: calls 360
    *** FLOP *** [3h Jd Js]
    GREEKTOTAL: checks
    Ha'det'sjovt: checks
    sammytc1011: bets 960
    GREEKTOTAL: folds
    Ha'det'sjovt: calls 960
    *** TURN *** [3h Jd Js] [3c]
    Ha'det'sjovt: checks
    sammytc1011: checks
    *** RIVER *** [3h Jd Js 3c] [Jc]
    Ha'det'sjovt: bets 2818

??
    Add ikerman to Rail
  2. When he flats your 3bet pre im sticking him on hands like low-mid pairs/broadways/. Do we have stats on this guy does he limp alot?

By how the hand played postflop i would put probably put him on 33+ i mean he does have KJ/QJ sometimes but unlikely due to the three jacks.. when you check the turn you make him think your giving up which will make him think his 77-TT is good here and this is a $4.40 tournament i am calling the river i might even shove as i think he is never folding if he has the 3 or pairs below QQ

Ashame he had 33 but in the long run he isnt going to have quads that often and we will be winning most of the time with QQ.
    Edited By: BenFaz Feb 23rd, 2012 at 02:46 PM

Raise
    Add BenFaz to Rail
  3. After the 3rd J comes on the river I am thinking my hand is good ALOT more often than not. Most likely the villan is shoving the board or could have 44-TT thinking they are good. I insta call everytime.

what did you end up doing here?

Raise
    Add Arty_the_Cat to Rail
  4. ^ blurgh.

Just wrote a mathy answer talking 'bout probabilities etc. and pressed delete, and I went back a page :( Post is lost,

Anyways went something along the lines of:

Villain will only call your shove with a lone J or 33 (discounting AA and KK 'cause he called a limp and did not 4-bet your 3 -bet), OR 44 - TT - though this is disputable, but he might think his hand is good and you are playing the board, and therefore will call the raise. If we only call, as Arty said, I think we are missing out on value, because if we think villain will call our raise with 44 - TT, we should shove. This is because 5.5% probability Villain was dealt 44 - TT, (bearing in mind we know 7 of the cards), but only 4.7% probability he was dealt the lone J or 33, Therefore positive equity play to shove all in, if we presume he would call your shove with 44-TT.

However if you think he will not call with as wide as 44 - TT, just play it safe and call.
    Raise
    Add bazingaking to Rail
  5. exactly my thoughts when he flats pre im putting him on small- medium pairs possibly some broadway connectors, when he flats the c bet it looked strong to me on that board with no draws,so i checked back the turn for a bit of pot control incase he has the jack,and also lets him think im weak and and he can bluff the river,obv when the jack comes on the river i think im good alot of the time here,when he bets the river i was thinking of jamming,putting him on 77-1010,i thought about it for a while and ended up just calling. he showed j 9 of hearts sigh.
    Raise
    Thread StarterAdd ikerman to Rail
  6. i'm raising to like 800 preflop..and checking that flop..calling turn and river bets most of the time and leading on the turn if he checks to me.

Add bcassidy to Rail
  7. i did think i could have made it a bit more pre.your not betting QQ into two players on that board when its checked to you??]
    sorry bcassidy i was meant to quote you there.

Originally Posted by Arty_the_Cat View Post

After the 3rd J comes on the river I am thinking my hand is good ALOT more often than not. Most likely the villan is shoving the board or could have 44-TT thinking they are good. I insta call everytime.

what did you end up doing here?

i called the river bet villain showed j 9, pretty horrible call pre oop i thought!
    Edited By: ikerman Feb 23rd, 2012 at 03:24 PM
    Raise
  8. i'd hope 800 preflop would deter at least one of them from calling preflop..if it didn't I still like to check to keep the pot a bit smaller considering what hands they would call a bet with on that flop. Most of the time they have nothing and it may be possible to get some value on later streets if they hit a pair or get stubborn with smaller pocket pairs.

Raise
    Add bcassidy to Rail
    Originally Posted by bcassidy View Post

i'd hope 800 preflop would deter at least one of them from calling preflop..if it didn't I still like to check to keep the pot a bit smaller considering what hands they would call a bet with on that flop. Most of the time they have nothing and it may be possible to get some value on later streets if they hit a pair or get stubborn with smaller pocket pairs.

I think 480 is fine, We dont exactlly wanna bet to much to make them fold as we all know they have weak hands which QQ is dominating.

Add BenFaz to Rail
  10. sammytc1011: calls 2818
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Ha'det'sjovt: shows [9h Jh] (four of a kind, Jacks)
    sammytc1011: mucks hand
    Ha'det'sjovt collected 9296 from pot

thought id post the results.

Originally Posted by BenFaz View Post

I think 480 is fine, We dont exactlly wanna bet to much to make them fold as we all know they have weak hands which QQ is dominating.

i was thinking a bit more than 480 maybe like 560. although the villain hadnt folded to a single 3 bet the whole time at my table so maybe he would have called more, i dunno any way i think i played it ok just pretty sick he had the jack,and im paying the river bet off 100% of the time, im not good enough to give him credit for a jack there,and i certainly dont put him on aa or kk usually the pre flop limper will come over the top if hes slow played aa or kk imo.
    Raise
  11. Yeh i did actually type out "Could of bet 550" but when im playing alot of tables i will just raise an extra bb per limper. if your 1-2 tabling then you could change your sizing dont think it makes much difference though

Raise
    Add BenFaz to Rail
  12. The bet on the flop seems a little large. I think there's like 1740 in the pot. Each person is only in for 480 so making it 960 seems like overkill. Feel like a bet of 725-785 gets the same job done and saves you like 200. Also invites some of those Ax hands to come along which you are way ahead of. Really don't see much but a jack or 33 calling this flop when the sizing is that large. And even if the 99/88/77 type hands do call the flop, lot of turn and river cards are going to deter them from calling future streets.

UL that you ran into Jx though. Really good run out for your QQ.
    Raise
    Add Ntaust10 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Ntaust10 View Post

The bet on the flop seems a little large. I think there's like 1740 in the pot. Each person is only in for 480 so making it 960 seems like overkill. Feel like a bet of 725-785 gets the same job done and saves you like 200. Also invites some of those Ax hands to come along which you are way ahead of. Really don't see much but a jack or 33 calling this flop when the sizing is that large. And even if the 99/88/77 type hands do call the flop, lot of turn and river cards are going to deter them from calling future streets.

UL that you ran into Jx though. Really good run out for your QQ.

I don't think betting 200 less on the flop is going to change anything

Add bcassidy to Rail
  14. snap call here, half tempted too shove but a jack is a popular flat calling type hand aj kj qj 10-j and 9-j

if he has quads meh if not ship
    Add double_kyan to Rail
    Originally Posted by bcassidy View Post

I don't think betting 200 less on the flop is going to change anything

So it gets the same job done and saves you 200/260 if he does have a J. It serves the same purpose I guess. I dunno. I guess it's just a stylistic thing. I'd make it like 710 if I were c-betting with air or value betting. Maybe this is wrong?
    Raise
    Add Ntaust10 to Rail
  16. as played, easy call on the river.
    Add RedIceRap to Rail
  17. In response to earlier post checking flop is really bad because kq,ak, pps get a free card. Bet flop thinly for value. Check turn because nothing really changed so if he didnt fold ace on flop hes not now. King might peel, pps are in, jacks are in and so is a 3 if somehow he has one. Flat river. He knows you're betting a wide range on flop and you have a bluff catcher after ck on turn.
    Raise
    Add djdoodoo to Rail