1. Just wondering if anyone has played these new SNG's and how u like them compared to the DON's.

Looks like starting Feb 16 i'm gonna have to find something else to grind to make a few bucks.
    Add MFT77 to Rail
  2. i like em better than DONs
    Add futureboy to Rail
  3. Why do you like them better?

Did you play many DON's?
    Thread StarterAdd MFT77 to Rail
  4. I'm upset that stars is getting rid of DON's....
    Add ImaBustYou to Rail
  5. Seems similar to a cashout tourney that tilt offers.
    Thats the 1st thing comes to my mind after looking at how the payouts work.
    Only difference is your forced to cashout when you get to 5 people.
    Add curiousgeorge77 to Rail
  6. same

should just let them be
  7. dont know how to set up an actual poll to click on so if someone does please repost this. Question is will the new 5050s fail or not be as successful as the dons or will don players simply migrate over. I usually have afew dons going in background just for easy cash but not sure i can do the same with the 5050s. All i know is right now at the high and medium levels more dons are running and being registered for than the 5050s. I know people are mass tabling them before they are gone but is this or should this be a sign to stars?
    Raise
    Add fpdog to Rail
  8. This really sucks that pokerstars is getting rid of the DON's. I have grinded these for a good profit since they came out. Sure wish they would rethink taking them away. Maybe something to do with collusion, because i have had numerous credits, probably over 30.

I don't see why they wouldn't keep both.

Only 4 days left of DON's.

The Fifty50's also do not suit my style as good. Guess i will have to adjust or find another way to make $$$$>
    Raise
    Originally Posted by MFT77 View Post

This really sucks that pokerstars is getting rid of the DON's. I have grinded these for a good profit since they came out. Sure wish they would rethink taking them away. Maybe something to do with collusion, because i have had numerous credits, probably over 30.

I don't see why they wouldn't keep both.

Only 4 days left of DON's.

The Fifty50's also do not suit my style as good. Guess i will have to adjust or find another way to make $$$$>

open a poker club with live double or nothings :P
    Add maxxscam to Rail
  10. lol, might be an idea, but only if u comeback, u would be the draw as people could play against an online star!!!
  11. what about how much easier it probably is for bots to run DONs? Really one basic strategy to figure... whereas the 5050s there is a little bit more room for strategy evolution...

i personally think they are very very similar tournaments.... 5050s will likely be a bit looser and maybe a bit harder to multi table 20+....
    i just wish stars would give us a real idea WHY they changed them.... i'msure they were making a killin on the DONs with how much people multi tabled them...

maybe they think they'll still be multied so they can get that higher rake they are charging
    Raise
    Add WiserPenny to Rail
  12. At first I hated them because for example I would play a $50 tourney and only win $70 for a profit of $20 but quickly realized that players played even more nitty when it came to bubble time. If you can double or triple up early and put the foot on the gas you can win close to 2nd place money if you were to play a normal 1 table SNG where only 3 get paid. See more tables now where there are 2 players at the end with micro stacks where if they make it they only get a few bucks profit for surviving.
    Raise
    Add backhandpass to Rail