1. What is a general common stake percentage for someone being staked for cashgames?

Say you are a proven winning player at the level you're going to be playing over 600k hands. What is fair to ask for? 60/40? More?

edit -im the only possibly being backed, but trying to figure out whats best.

this would be for 100NL and I have a backer already lined up, just trying to figure out what I should ask for.
    Add TheBigEarn to Rail
  2. anyone?
    Thread StarterAdd TheBigEarn to Rail
  3. you gonna back somebody to go play@tha shoe kid?
    Add J9thabest420 to Rail
    Originally Posted by J9thabest420 View Post

you gonna back somebody to go play@tha shoe kid?

i'd be the one being backed.
  5. unless you are playing 100NL and above on one of the major sites, there is no real way to verify your stats. Databases can be changed to make them say anything you want (holdem manager, poker tracker, etc)...so, showing someone your DB isnt enough. it will be tough to find a backer for cash games online. The risk is just too high i think. Not saying its impossible, but there are many more backers for tourneys than there are cash games...one reason is that the results are verifiable...
    Raise
    Add K1d_Gr1nD to Rail
    Originally Posted by BigEarn7 View Post

Originally Posted by J9thabest420 View Post

you gonna back somebody to go play@tha shoe kid?

i'd be the one being backed.

online or@the shoe?
    Raise
    Add J9thabest420 to Rail
    Originally Posted by K1d_Gr1nD View Post

unless you are playing 100NL and above on one of the major sites, there is no real way to verify your stats. Databases can be changed to make them say anything you want (holdem manager, poker tracker, etc)...so, showing someone your DB isnt enough. it will be tough to find a backer for cash games online. The risk is just too high i think. Not saying its impossible, but there are many more backers for tourneys than there are cash games...one reason is that the results are verifiable...

I already have a buddy in real life whose a grinder who wants to back me, so finding someone to do so isn't a problem, however I am trying to figure out what I should be asking for % wise.
    Raise
  8. 50/50 profit split plus makeup....
    Add K1d_Gr1nD to Rail
  9. why would u even want to be backed if you are a winner at this limit for 600k hands... i would understand you getting staked for 2-4 or sumtin but gettin backed for NL100 when you already have played 600k hands ... bad idea imo
    Raise
    Add lil gaz to Rail
  10. Exactly, it makes no sense to get staked at your current level if you were beating it on your own. Why would you now want to start giving away half your profit?
    Add J_BOYZZ to Rail
  11. Not a fan of swings to be honest, I suffered a massive downswing and had to drop down to 50NL where it continued, left my bankroll crippled... cleared a $1500 bonus and a buddies stake helped me get back up where I started crushing again... would be really angry if that to happen again.
    Raise