[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I kno there was a post recently about Phil Ivey being mentioned on SportsNation on ESPN.

They took a viewer poll today, where the question was:

If you played Phil Ivey HU and you started with a 2:1 chip lead, would you win?

46% said they would L O L
    Add Illini213 to Rail
  2. what are the blinds? how deep are we? if blinds are 1/2 with stacks of 1mil 2mil then not many people are going to win but if phil has 5bbs then u have much better chance, show has some dumb questions and many responders are obv. retarded
    Raise
    Add pharreal87 to Rail
  3. Yeah I just saw this, pretty laughable.
    Add Burying_Luck to Rail
  4. Maybe this is a leak in my game, but I really don't get intimidated by players whom I know are better than me, online or live. *shrug*

Anyone else feel this way?
    Add elusively to Rail
    Originally Posted by elusively View Post

Maybe this is a leak in my game, but I really don't get intimidated by players whom I know are better than me, online or live. *shrug*

It's Phil fucking Ivey
    Raise
    Thread StarterAdd Illini213 to Rail
  6. Is it just me or does sportsnation suck bigtime?
    Add poker4jab to Rail
  7. This

I've heard Phil can look not only into your soul but he can actually see your DNA make up. Is this true?
    Add RedFranklin to Rail

Maybe this is a leak in my game, but I really don't get intimidated by players whom I know are better than me, online or live. *shrug*

Yea I do... I mean obv Im an IVEY fanboy and realize his poker cred is ridic, but he is still just another player sitting on the other side of the table when it comes down to it. Ive never been to nervous at all when playing against much better people. My biggest problem is that i feel like I tend to outthink myself cause im afraid of looking stupid when playing against much stronger competition.

Also, it's pretty easy to say when Im sitting on my couch at home.
    Raise
    Add StaySuckaFree to Rail
  9. 46% seems low
    Add downbylaw11 to Rail
    Originally Posted by downbylaw11 View Post

anything higher than 0% seems high

fyp
    Add doomed222 to Rail
  11. shove every hand ftw
    Add firaldo to Rail
    Originally Posted by pharreal87 View Post

what are the blinds? how deep are we? if blinds are 1/2 with stacks of 1mil 2mil then not many people are going to win but if phil has 5bbs then u have much better chance, show has some dumb questions and many responders are obv. retarded

^^^

its impossible to answer without knowing how many BBs we are talking
    Raise
    Add telks to Rail
  13. wow seriously
    i'm not saying i'd ever be confident that i'd beat ivey, but with a 2:1 chip lead, depending how many bbs deep you are, phil iveys large edge on any given opponent is essentially negated. he'd still win a lot of the time, but to say that if you were to play a series of heads up matches against phil ivey getting a 2:1 chip lead and win less than 46% of them is pretty fuckin pathetic. that would be like jean robert not taking the 5th card in plo because he's scared of phil galfonds skillz
    Raise
    Add downbylaw11 to Rail
  14. No one has THAT much of an edge in heads up. Card variance has a very large say in who is the victor. a 2-1 chip advantage in any structure is going to be pretty solid. I'm not saying that 46% of peope could, but of solid poker players playing heads up I dont think it is too far off.

Raise
    Add Nickc011 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Nickc011 View Post

I'm not saying that 46% of peope could, but of solid poker players playing heads up I dont think it is too far off.

this is the problem 46% of the people from sportsnation think they could win and out of them maybe what 5-10% have the small amount of knowledge that even i have

most of the people taking that poll are probably just people who watched a few poker episodes on espn which is probably worse then just guessing what to do on everyhand-
    Raise
    Add frostymember to Rail
  16. The point is the people voting on this question don't know shit about BB's, or HU variance, or even what the f'n hand rankings are but truly believe they can beat Phil Ivey because "it's all luck".

It's a joke. Simply put it just shows how clueless the general public is and how skewed their vision of this skill game really is.
    Raise
    Add Burying_Luck to Rail
  17. You give Phil Ivey 500 BBs and the other guy 1000 BBs with a slow structure. My money is on Phil Ivey winning against 99.99% of the people in the world.
    24 BBs to 48 BBs with blinds about to go up changes things a lot.
    Raise
    Add bjybjy to Rail
  18. i just think 46% doesnt seem like a complete delusion. yeah, there are probably some idiots who watched that and have played in some home games who thought, 'yeah, i could beat him no problem', but to account for the 46%, a lot of others probably sold themselves way too short in thinking they couldnt beat phil ivey
    Raise
    Add downbylaw11 to Rail
  19. btw, if don cheadle can beat ivey with a 1:1 chip stack, then anyone can lol
    Add downbylaw11 to Rail
  20. i am not sure anyman on the planet can beat me hu with that type of chip edge over the long haul. but for the most part he can beat 90% of poker players on that note.
    chad
    Add M8kingmoves to Rail
    Originally Posted by RedFranklin View Post

This

I've heard Phil can look not only into your soul but he can actually see your DNA make up. Is this true?

I always thought it was.
    Add TDoodle to Rail
    Originally Posted by Illini213 View Post

It's Phil fucking Ivey

Sir Phillip Fuckerton of Ivey. no chance.
    Raise
    Add StevieD561 to Rail
  23. Sir Phillip Fuckerton of Ivey. no chance.

This is why I read these posts.

^My hero
    Add SCOTTAJR to Rail
  24. not a chance that he wins say 9990 out of 10000 times with the 500 to 1k blinds structure

id say 8500-10,000 is much more accurate

including coolers bad beats and players that are not that that much behind him skill-wise poker nothing in poker can u be that sure about
    Raise
    Add calibre908 to Rail
    Originally Posted by SCOTTAJR View Post

Sir Phillip Fuckerton of Ivey. no chance.

This is why I read these posts.

^My hero

:D
    Add StevieD561 to Rail
  26. Heads Up for the Main Event Bracelet with a 2-1 chip lead over Phil Ivey?

In this situation i think maybe 46% of P5s top 100 could beat him.

Phil Ivey will not let this slip away HU, he wants it too bad.

That being said i think Phil Ivey had the easiest road out of anybody in the ME. I saw some updates were people were folding sets face up they are so scared of a Phil Ivey turn raise.
    Raise
    Add paidchex to Rail
    Originally Posted by poker4jab View Post

Is it just me or does sportsnation suck bigtime?

sooo much more love needed
    Add orucker to Rail
  28. Phil plays world class players HU a lot, he's one of the few people in the poker world that are capable of beating the highest stakes HU cash games.

That said, the average poker player playing ABC poker with a 2-1 chiplead is certainly a favorite over him in any online tournament scenario (non deep-stacked), probably a small dog in a live MTT (with presumably deepish stacks) and a pretty significant dog in HU cash(deepstacked as a baller like Phil would obv be playing).

46% is probably fairly accurate in general terms, but obv stacks/structure play huge in this discussion.
    Raise
    Add jtown1010 to Rail
  29. 2:1 cl heads up is not that big of a deal
    Add taypaur to Rail
  30. I think he'd have a better shot of winning more vs better competition HU then a random fish with a 2:1 unless really deep. The unknown fish will make moves that will be extremely unorthodox vs a pro who will play a certain way and try to not make mistakes.
    Raise
    Add Chet22r to Rail