[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. i am asking this in general terms i am not wanting to think too much into this {by that i mean stack size, tells and so on}

late in a mtt, I was just moved to a new table and it was my first hand there.

i was dealt KQ and raised and i was called by one other

flop came 7 K Q

my oppenent bet and i raised i was then re raised all in for about 1/4 of my stack...
    i figured he might have AJ for a draw and be thinking i came to the table and wanting to be pushy or AK or maybe even AQ.

i called and he showed 77 for trips and won.

that was a key hand in my MTT and i ended 60/550{or so} i then lost a few other hands i might not have played the same if i wasnt on tilt or had a few more chips.

was i wrong to call? is there ever a time you would fold in my spot?

Add Benimino to Rail
  2. all of those unimportant things like stack sizes and previous plays all actually matter.

in general, on that flop in a small MTT online, i'm NEVER folding KQ, but all that stuff DOES MATTER.

Add sketchy1 to Rail
  3. i know those things matter but i was just asking in general.

would u fold top 2 pair with that flop, generally? is what i really wanted to know. i just wanted to see what people thought
    Thread StarterAdd Benimino to Rail
  4. I assume you don't want a "tin foil hat" response so I will just say, my experience online has taught be to be very very careful when I flop 2 pair.
    Add Cabo to Rail
  5. you get the money in there everytime if your M is under 100, at least I do
    Add LostOn5thst to Rail
  6. He doesn't have KK or QQ most likely, so you need to weigh the chance that he has 7 vs the chance he has every other hand out there. I think he has AA/AK/AQ/KQ/J10 often enough that you need to get it in.
    Raise
    Add Jennifear to Rail
  7. It was only 1/4 of your stack? That cannot be a key-hand in the MTT if that is just for a fourth of your stack and it surely shouldn't put you on tilt.

There are so many hands that villain is shoving there (he surely is short-stacked) that you have beat, easy call, unlucky he had 77.
    Raise
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  8. re: key hand

it was the first of a number of key hands is what i meant to say
    Thread StarterAdd Benimino to Rail