[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. My holdings are A7cc. I was originally going to fold but then I thought it might be a good spot for a bluff.

The players here are fish and have a wide range. Most players aren't bluffing in this spot on a $1.20 stt if one of them happens to be a "reg" and limped with a small pocket pair so I have a lot of fold equity vs one of these players.

I decided to donk bet the flop because a lot of hands are folding there and can't stand a call. I also have the nut backdoor flush draw which is always nice and an overcard. It just so happened that I connected on the turn but before that card came down my plan had been to overbet jam any turn (bar maybe a Q) because it's pretty hard to carry on with a 9 in this spot.

The reason why I'm not betting small (1/2) or (3/4) pot is because I won't get them to fold a 9 for that or probably much else. Is this spot a good spot to bluff in?

Thankyou for your advice and help in advance. I forgot to mention this is a micro stt.

No Limit Holdem Tournament
    OnGame
    8 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
    Stacks:
    UTG+1 Polatko (1,395)
    UTG+2 ruskigirl (1,955)
    MP1 MoscowAA (1,500)
    MP2 .panathas13 (2,610)
    MP3 homendomar (1,170)
    CO AlexPirate29 (1,345)
    BTN protoli (1,455)
    BB pokalilo (2,070)
    Blinds: 0/
    Pre-Flop: (0, 8 players)
    3 folds, .panathas13 calls 50, 1 fold, AlexPirate29 calls 50, 1 fold, pokalilo calls 50, djdood0o0o checks
    Flop: K:club: 9:spade: K:spade: (150, 3 players)
    pokalilo checks, djdood0o0o bets 105, .panathas13 calls 105, AlexPirate29 calls 105, pokalilo folds
    Turn: 8:club: (465, 2 players)
    djdood0o0o goes all-in 1,345
    Edited By: djdoodoo May 14th, 2012 at 10:14 PM
  2. seems like a ridic overshove to me, especially against fish in a $1 that can't fold.

3. Unless you're playing against regs who you have reads/history with.. I think for most players at this level a good rule is to just never, ever bluff(obv excepting things like cbets and semibluffs).. but I'm pretty sure you can be profitable without ever, ever making a single bluff like this.
    Raise
  4. No reason to bluff here. Fish are dying to give you their chips. Why play their game?

5. Fair. I just saw a spot that I thought might get me a ton of chips and went for it. As turbo's on ongame network seem faster than stars it really helped me out to avoid pushing with like 7 people at the table.
    Edited By: djdoodoo May 15th, 2012 at 02:40 PM
    Raise
  6. When playing against level 1 thinkers all you need to do is look at the board and how likely they are to connect with it in some way and then bet or check accordingly when bluffing.... KK9ss flop actually creates quite a number of draws on it such that I really dont like donking here. Kx, 9x, any two spades, Ahi sometimes, QJ/QT/JT, and often low PPs peel and in some cases never fold depending on the runout. I would suspect that 4ways you are not getting this donk bet through very often.. and thus we are stuck guessing if they are drawing when they call or already made in some way...

As played to the turn.. I absolutely hate overbet jamming... I think we can make a small bet to set our price for drawing and really get a solid read on their hand... A Kx hand is very likely to raise when you make a smallish bet such that if you arent raised on the turn you can pretty much assume the only monsters in their range are KK, K9 and 99... 88 too i suppose.. very few combos so then we can make a decision as to how likely they are to have a drawing hand at this point or a 9x type holding that is never folding. I'd say if board bricks (6 or lower peels or an 8,9,K) we have Ahi we're good somewhat often so check and decide prolly planning on calling a bet cause a lot of fish will bluff when checked to after missing a draw but cant find it in them to thin value bet like ever.

Oh and Im never ever bluffing the river regardless of what peels... If a "scare" card hits they'll still call you with T9 when the Js hits the river and leave you wondering wtf... and if a brick hits the only hands your really folding out are ones you are beating already... better to induce a bluff if you think the fish is capable of betting a missed draw.
    Edited By: dadams588 May 15th, 2012 at 02:47 PM

Raise
  7. Are we not crippled if we bet small on the turn though and if he reraises then I guess I have to call it off anyway.

If he just calls and I miss the river I'm also crippled so I might as well put on the pressure and make him decide on the turn with a jam surely?

I see what you're saying though.
    Edited By: djdoodoo May 15th, 2012 at 03:17 PM
    Raise
  8. Well, you're playing a marginal hand out of position in a multi-way pot early in a STT. This just isn't a good spot for a bluff. The pot won't be big enough and even in a turbo, there's still plenty of time for you to make moves, especially since you're second in chips with 41.5 BBs.

Quick note: Is the rake really $.20 for a $1 STT on OnGame? To my mind, that makes the game not worth playing, from the outset.
    Raise
  9. Yeah it is too much. It's the same across all sites though. I was only playing for fun though and didn't want to play properly (risk money worth anything). I'm not a stt grinder by any means nor would I be at this stake.
    Raise
  10. Sure. I know Merge it's $.10, that's what surprised me. If you're only playing for fun, then I amend what I said before to: Run that bluff!
  11. If you get raised you simply make a calculation of the relative strength of your draw on the paired board... recognize that a raise is very likely a Kx holding at the least and can also be boats that have you drawing dead... therefore you should be pretty cautious about how much you are willing to call here... if you lead here and someone shoves I think its a really easy sigh fold but just remember that that player very likely had at least a K meaning we only have our flush outs that arent the 9c or the kicker that villain is holding (Say he has KJ, we dont wanna see the Jc) which means we have 7 outs.... no thats not good enough to call off. d

Raise
    Originally Posted by dadams588 View Post

If you get raised you simply make a calculation of the relative strength of your draw on the paired board... recognize that a raise is very likely a Kx holding at the least and can also be boats that have you drawing dead... therefore you should be pretty cautious about how much you are willing to call here... if you lead here and someone shoves I think its a really easy sigh fold but just remember that that player very likely had at least a K meaning we only have our flush outs that arent the 9c or the kicker that villain is holding (Say he has KJ, we dont wanna see the Jc) which means we have 7 outs.... no thats not good enough to call off. d

Did you read the hand history wrong?
  13. If panathas13 is a habitual limper, just press the issue preflop instead.

Check/fold flop.

Check turn.
    Originally Posted by Jennifear View Post

If panathas13 is a habitual limper, just press the issue preflop instead.

Check/fold flop.

Check turn.

Yes thats standard.