[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Hello out there, to the entire pocket fives community, i have been a follower of this site, for probably close on 2 years now, but i have finally bridged the gap and became a member and a poster recently, in my quest to turn my poker a little more serious, and a lot more profitable, i have been playing for about 3-4 years now, on a fairly regular basis, my problem in the past had always been whenever i would run good for a short period, it would always follow by letting my ego, and drunken state get the best of me and playing well over my head.
    I feel like i've finally reached the point where i am both capable, and bankrolled to take the game to the next level, i have had some good rsults in the past few weeks after a terrible month of may that really kicked my confidence, i cashed off a good portion, tohelp with some expenses upcoming in switching apartments, but have left myself a sizable roll, i woke up this morning and logged on to see that the ept4 satelittes were starting, i also looked up the ept website and found that the barcelona tourney for aug 28th is a 600 player max, this appeals to me, because i just dont like the thought 2,000+ fields because i find to play top notch poker from what ive heard these live event typically run 10-12 hour days, and i know just how mentally exhausting and draining that can be, so to think about beeing on my game for 4-5 days straight i dont really know, but this event seems to be a little shorter, and looks appealing, my question to the community is what would be the best way to about trying to get into the event, and is it a realistic goal?? Thanks

Danewfdonk

Add danewfdonk to Rail
  2. First off, congrats on the success you've had up to here. 95% of players are losing players. I don't think this is an unreasonable goal for you to set. Pokerstars has great satellites going on all the time for the EPT which are surprisingly easy. I played a very TAG game for the two sats I played in to the WSOP $27 Rebuys and got two $650 tickets for $27 each. I find that stars satellites are alot easier than some of the satellites on the other websites. I wouldn't buy into the EPT event direct obv but if you are willing to spend $215 on a few satellites that would be your best option. Either that or play some of the other satellites and build up Tourny money like the $27 Rebuy for a $650 ticket. That would be the best option. GL.
    Raise
    Add snooker__31 to Rail
  3. thanks, snooker i very much appreciate it, i also agree with yopu that sats on stars are not too difficult, as i have sattelited into the nightly 100k man many times, as well as the million, i also managed to snag a seat to the super tuesday this week, i wish they had a 110 turbo sng or somthing similar to the sat they had to the super tuesday, the 33 double shootout doesnt appeal to me, i dont have great results in shootouts, your idea of playing other sats to build T$ isnt a bad idea, as the sats foir the million, esp on saturday and sunday morning are very lucrative

Raise
    Thread StarterAdd danewfdonk to Rail
  4. The buy in for most EPT sats is $215 so you could grind the $39 Rebuy for the million or any of the $11 and $3 rebuys for the $216 ticket and use it in the EPT sats. The 39 rebuy is super easy to get a ticket as well as the $11 Rebuy. Also the $55 turbo is a crapshoot with bad players just looking to take advantage of the 1 in 4 scenario. So gl.
    Raise
    Add snooker__31 to Rail