1. http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...591_C89CF8EA96

Not a lot of info on this villain as I'd not long been moved.

Along with this table, he was playing 1 cash game table $0.50/£1.

His chips went in faster than Ussain Bolt when he check raised me.

Thoughts?
    Add carlmellor to Rail
  2. no reads i think you have to fold here even though he could easily be on a draw.

Add bonflizubi to Rail
  3. what? how do you fold there, maybe im a fish but tptk im getting it in there, he has so many q type combo draws, idk i get it in
    Add drgnarn to Rail
  4. i think its good fold, he only called you pre so he could of flopped straight or two pair
    Add dannydunks to Rail
  5. No problem with fold, with no reads your putting your tournament life on the line early, its a flip at best
    Add eixip to Rail
  6. I think this is a call. You are getting just under 2-1. And he has a ton of pair/draw combos here. If you are bet/folding this flop I think you need to just check back instead of betting.
    Add Bball23 to Rail
  7. If you bet I think you are committed to calling, not sure how much equity you have when he check shoves because his raise/call range from EP at this stage can be entirely different with no info on the player. If he's a fish, then KJo is in his range, but so is KQ, QJ and Ace rag flush draws. If he's a good player, his raise/call range is much tighter and most likely has you crushed or the same hand. If he is a bad player you can make a bet/call in this spot because he'll show up with worse hands like KQ, AdXd. So I think against a reg I'm just checking back the flop, and most likely shoving the turn if he bets, and vs a fish I'm betting with the intention of calling all in on the flop.
    Raise
    Add P0KERDUUDE to Rail
  8. Thanks for the replies

Looking at prolabs after the hand, the villain had pretty solid stats. Semi bluff shove certainly within his arsenal, but I'm going more for him outflopping me with a probably suited AQ.

The speed at which he jammed was like lightening. As I said he was only playing 2 tables, (that's not to say he wasn't playing other sites, but I didn't sort of get that impression).

It was screaming - "call me!, call me!"

Putting me on AK, I think the villain thought there was zero chance of me folding and therefore no point in sow playing the nuts. I could be wrong, but it's what my gut feeling was telling me at the time and it added up.

Originally Posted by P0KERDUUDE View Post

If you bet I think you are committed to calling,

Don't really like this.

I'm never giving the villain a free card on that board.

Whilst not in love with folding, I still had 43 bb's left and a far from crippled stack. Obvioulsy if stack sizes were shorter or I was pot commited, then that's a different story.

Originally Posted by P0KERDUUDE View Post

So I think against a reg I'm just checking back the flop, and most likely shoving the turn if he bets

Very strong chance that I was drawing to 2 cards for a chopped pot.

Interesting to get other viewpoints, and it's very much appreciated.

I think after putting the pieces of the puzzle together, then there was nothing wrong with folding in this particular spot.

Thanks.
    Raise
    Thread StarterAdd carlmellor to Rail
  9. [QUOTE=carlmellor;7357557]Very strong chance that I was drawing to 2 cards for a chopped pot./QUOTE]

*** 3 cards ***
    Thread StarterAdd carlmellor to Rail
  10. Doubt villain just snap ships the nuts. Most of the time that is a sign of weakness imo. Just hate bet folding on this board. Would either bet/call or check back.
    Add Bball23 to Rail
  11. Two points that I would make. First, early in tourney (level 3), I think you can make a pretty good argument that raising pre to EP open may not be the best. I think that you should be just calling about 30-40% preflop. Second, I think checking behind on this wet board for pot control is easily the best decision on this flop. The obvious reason is that you simply cannot call if he check/shoves the flop.

On the flip side, let's think from the villain's perspective: What hands raise pre flop? What hands that raised preflop will bet the flop? I think there is a pretty limited hand range for raising pre and that range is likely weighted to AK and AQ combinations mixed in with a bunch of pocket pairs. Then when you get to the flop, I think that a ton of the hands that you will be betting are combinations of AK, which cannot withstand a raise. This, coupled with the early stage of the tourney, make a smaller variance approach arguably more appropriate. In level 10, this line is okay, minus the fold, but in Level 3, I think that keeping the pot smaller is the far better approach.

If the villain is a solid player, his raise is more based on your perceived range than his. Even if he knows that you have a set, I think the shove isn't terrible, because on this board this early in a tourney, a set isn't likely worth risking your tourney life.
    Raise
    Add 13Jayhawk13 to Rail