[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

  1. Call off the hounds


    http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/pol...-falls-agenda/

     

    Rest easy, traditionalists: online poker will not be entering the legally authorized gaming arena this lame duck Congress, and that probably means it won’t be happening any time soon.

    Add kdunlapmo to Rail
  2. Let it be known... next time everyone goes crazy about the world ending... think of the Y2K bug and then calm down cause it'll never happen :D
    Add ShyGuy03533 to Rail
  3. obv
     
    Add dOwnosaur to Rail
  4. can i say weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeE
     
    Add FLUSHDUDE to Rail
  5. a wise man once said "a crack dealers gonna crack deal well cause crack head gonna crack head" fact
    Edited By: yarbles Dec 8th, 2010 at 09:52 PM
    Add yarbles to Rail
  6.  
    Originally Posted by pwnsmyself View Post

    a wise man once said "a crack dealers gonna crack deal well cause crack head gonna crack head" fact

    WP
    Add Pops28 to Rail
  7. weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
     
    Add Iplaythabored to Rail
  8. But if the PPA said this was a horrible bill but the current way of operating will crumble, I wonder if they know something we don't.
     
    Add Passiveplay to Rail
  9. I am still confused about how I should feel about this, now we still have to worry about getting our $$$ from PS and FTP. I don't know how much longer it will last until the Fed freeze up all of the processors, then it'll be gg to online poker for sure.

    Whats your take?
    Edited By: dust Dec 8th, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    Raise
    Add dust to Rail
  10. if the last 12 months or so have been any indication we probably wanted this to pass, even in its inconvenient incarnation
    Add donkthorne04 to Rail
  11.  
    Originally Posted by donkthorne04 View Post

    if the last 12 months or so have been any indication we probably wanted this to pass, even in its inconvenient incarnation

    This. Yes the blackouts and what not of the bill sucked pretty hard, but the current climate of online poker is not sustainable...something is going to give soon.

    Also, I'm not sure how reliable that source is...in the title he says the bill is dead and at the end it claims that its simply 'not likely'.

    I'd bet its safe to assume its still in play.
     
    Raise
    Add spectrefax to Rail
  12. It may be off the agenda, but that doesn't mean it won't happen for sure. Recall that the draft versions of the UIGEA were going nowhere until Bill Frist attached the legislation to the must pass Port Security Bill at the last minute. Reid is in position to do similar no matter what he says in public.
     
    Raise
    Add The Baby Bull to Rail
  13. weeeeeeeeeeee Xtasy will continue
    Add dgtballer to Rail
  14. Well then this comes across twitter...again..how reliable

    http://twitter.com/#!/dcinsidecontac...46806454276099

     

    #reidbill CONFIRMED, reid bill IS attached. press conference at 8 EST.

    Raise
    Thread StarterAdd kdunlapmo to Rail
  15. Unfortunately for you boys the'll be back.

    What they really dont like is the amount of money that goes overseas to PS & FT which is lost to the economy.
    So much for free democratic countries.

    Here in the UK we get to vote every 4-5 years in a election with 3 very very similar runners, and thats called democracy!
    When you have career politicians, forget it.
    Edited By: rayfox111 Dec 9th, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    Reason: wish I could spell
    Raise
    Add rayfox111 to Rail
  16. Lets just say the bill is dead, wouldn't that give PS and FTP to come back to WA and the states alike to offer their service? I mean like the article said, the next politicians in line to take over Reid next year are those who opposed the bill, it'll take at least 4-5 years more before something like this could happen again. Won't that be an incentive for PS and FTP to go all out again in the US? By then I'm sure they could have some other strat to get a chance to get license in the US.
    Raise
    Add dust to Rail
  17. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next 10 days. The UIGEA was all but dead in 2006 and then was attached at the last minute, so that's entirely possible. The PPA commented on the Las Vegas Sun article by Tweeting, "No bill is dead until Congress adjourns..."
     
    Raise
    Add Dan to Rail
  18. #reidbill, PROOF of reid bill passage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5S...eature=related
     
    Add fratzner to Rail
  19. The LV Sun issued a correction of their own on this story: http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/pol...-falls-agenda/, so the online poker legislation appears to be on.
     
    Raise
    Add Dan to Rail
  20.  
    Originally Posted by Dan View Post

    The LV Sun issued a correction of their own on this story: http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/pol...-falls-agenda/, so the online poker legislation appears to be on.

    Plus,

    From Wall Street Journal Capital Bureau...23 minutes ago

    Reid ‘Still Working On’ Online Poker Bill

    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) hasn’t folded yet in his effort to make Internet poker legal, Reid spokesman Tom Brede tells Washington Wire.
    Mr. Brede said in an email that Mr. Reid is “still working on” passing the online poker bill. The email exchange came after the Las Vegas Sun reported earlier Wednesday that Mr. Reid said legalizing Internet poker was no longer an objective during the lame-duck session.
    Edited By: WEC Dec 9th, 2010 at 12:47 AM
    Raise
    Add WEC to Rail
  21. On a crazy emotional roller coaster here, and I'm not even sure what I am rooting for. Definitely not a dead issue atm.

    From bluffmag, 55 min ago:

    http://news.bluffmagazine.com/the-fi...-agenda-17373/
    Edited By: hrk Dec 9th, 2010 at 01:16 AM
    Raise
    Add hrk to Rail
  22. not sure if this has anything to do with it but neither me nor my friend can deposit on full tilt right now... and i just deposited 6 days ago
    Add harvMC10 to Rail
  23.  
    Originally Posted by dust View Post

    I am still confused about how I should feel about this, now we still have to worry about getting our $$$ from PS and FTP. I don't know how much longer it will last until the Fed freeze up all of the processors, then it'll be gg to online poker for sure.

    Whats your take?

    We can still cash out by check, right everybody??
     
    Add thebroooom to Rail
  24.  
    Originally Posted by BenJamin327 View Post

    We can still cash out by check, right everybody??

    Here's your answer... eventually this will happen to online poker...

    http://www.pocketfives.com/f7/no-che...ng-ftp-608837/
    Add dust to Rail
  25. If this bill doesnt pass this time around, will that mean that we'll still be able to play on FTP and PS til they come up with a new proposal???
    Add TildaRiva to Rail
  26. If this bill doesn't pass, I hope PS and FTP would seriously consider coming back to WA and the like states because it would be at least another 4-5 years before something like this could happen again.
    Raise
    Add dust to Rail
  27.  
    Originally Posted by TildaRiva View Post

    If this bill doesnt pass this time around, will that mean that we'll still be able to play on FTP and PS til they come up with a new proposal???

    Yes we will, but some people who support the passing of this bill and/or the blackout etc believe stars/full tilt will eventually run out of deposit options for U.S. players because of the DOJ n feds cracking down harder on online poker. Wish it could be as easy as no blackout and let us spend our money where we want, but when there's billions of dollars at stake who knows what could happen.
     
    Raise
    Add DOUGHEPHERNAN to Rail
  28. Are any of you guys cashing out some of your roll online now since if the bill gets passed, which i heard can be the earliest as next week or December 17th, then we would have to withdraw anyway?

    I mean if you have a small amount online, i don't think you have to worry about it but i mean to those guys who might have a lot of money in their stars or full tilt account, would you say it would be wise to take a good portion of it right now? I know they say even if the bill gets passed, stars/full tilt would have 30 days so people would be then cashing out and converting their fpp to cash etc.
    Raise
    Add victory1 to Rail
  29. lets just wait and see what happens first
     
    Add adamsapple19 to Rail
  30. crack dealers gonna deal crack. FACT
    Add yarbles to Rail