[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I play with the chat off quite often, but this still doesn't stop me from blasting people in the box. I dont necessarily have a huge desire to be liked by everyone, but I guess i just want to quit being a deuche when i spazz in the chat box...actually tips are pointless here this is just a rant i supppose
    Add ronkend to Rail
  2. Getting banned works well for me....
    Chatting is MASSIVE -EV, players start making spite calls and coming after you with any 2...what does chatting really achieve apart from making yourself tilt when some clown says "who has your chips"
    Raise
    Add x walks x to Rail
    Originally Posted by x walks x View Post

Getting banned works well for me....

exactly and it helps out while 12 tabling not trying to pull over a table just to waste time berating
    Add meierp to Rail
  4. its -EV don't do it.

Seriously would you spite call someone just because you are annoyed by them? Well you might, but in the long run it will cost you money.
    Add fly44 to Rail
    Originally Posted by fly44 View Post

its -EV don't do it.

Seriously would you spite call someone just because you are annoyed by them? Well you might, but in the long run it will cost you money.

wat?
    Thread StarterAdd ronkend to Rail
  6. Add SICKTIGHT311 to Rail
  7. Oh and I missread the OP and thought you wanted tips, oops.

My favorite is when someone does something really stupid and wins, I just say nh, but I mean it in the most dickish possible way. Hopefully they say, "yea it was a pretty bad". Then I get to say, "but it worked! and that is all that counts." Usually then they are quiet but once in a while they will say, "yea you are right."
    Raise
    Add fly44 to Rail
    Originally Posted by SICKTIGHT311 View Post

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...HT311/info.jpg

im done on stars for a while - breaks are too nice
    Raise
  9. By criticizing someone's play you're actually helping them get better (if they're smart enough to pick up on it), so I try not to.
    Add TW1977 to Rail
    Originally Posted by TW1977 View Post

By criticizing someone's play you're actually helping them get better (if they're smart enough to pick up on it), so I try not to.

ya i'm retarded as stated in OP
    Raise
  11. Love when i write wpwp after something redic happens and someone replies ty. Sometimes i'm unsure whether i'm getting releveled or not lol. pretty usre 90% they don't realise the sarcasm
    Add x walks x to Rail
  12. Hello Darrin, Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support. We have revoked your chat privileges. Please send us an email to reinstate your chat privileges when you want. If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to ask. We're always here to help. Regards, Chun Full Tilt Poker Support success
    Raise

sick brag sitting 1948/2465
    Raise
    Add riverdrowns to Rail
  14. I avoid chat as much as possible but today I really wanted to respond. I caught this guy bluffing and called his shove and he says "omg, noob". checked his opr and shark and he has about same volume as I do.
    Raise
    Add libertad73 to Rail
  15. I noticed I'd start spewing in chat too when I had the time....definitely -EV. Ended up just turning off all chat. Yeah maybe once in awhile I might miss something said, but I definitely end up further ahead by not getting distracted etc.
    Raise
    Add shinka to Rail
    Originally Posted by ronkend View Post

Hello Darrin, Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support. We have revoked your chat privileges. Please send us an email to reinstate your chat privileges when you want. If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to ask. We're always here to help. Regards, Chun Full Tilt Poker Support success

Awsome. everytime u chat u lose $

Raise
    Add bukowski101 to Rail
    Originally Posted by riverdrowns View Post

sick brag sitting 1948/2465

Damn, that's alphabeticalscist!
    Raise
    Add SICKTIGHT311 to Rail
  18. On Stars and UB you can use the "Info" tab which is what I do (not only does it avoid the chat but its pretty useful if you're multi tabling so you know the level times etc), on FTP I just try to ignore the chat because its super annoying.
    Raise
    Add negativeROI to Rail
  19. Unfortunately I don't.......shakes his head!
    Add ripomatic to Rail
  20. I just chewed out a guy for playing ace 4. I had ace 4 too and we chopped the pot but mine was sooooted so that made it ok. He didn't respond.
    Add damnstraight to Rail
    Originally Posted by x walks x View Post

Love when i write wpwp after something redic happens and someone replies ty. Sometimes i'm unsure whether i'm getting releveled or not lol. pretty usre 90% they don't realise the sarcasm

When someone says "wp" or "nh" after I've put I bad beat on them (OBV sarcasm!), I usually reply "ty, thought I played it pretty decent!"
    Raise
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  22. ur way too good to wry bout the shit in the chat box

Add moe86 to Rail
  23. Am I the only one who thinks chatting can be a positive? Sometimes, if I feel frustrated, I will spend an entire one table SNG just chatting it up. Either I'll pretend to be a noob or a know-it-all pro depending on what effect I'm going for. It relaxes me and is, dare I say, fun. And it is oh-so more rewarding if/when you go on to win.
    One time (at band camp, lol), I was playing a single table sng and was being chatty, got badbeat and was down to 75 chips (100/50 blinds) with 7 left. I was the SB the very next hand and folded, commenting "I fold so I can say I came back from 25 to win this thing. Make a mental note, folks." Everyone at the table chimed in. Unfortunately, there was only one person for me to brag to at the end. It's one of the more rewarding/ memorable victories I've had, not because of my chip-and-a-chair comeback (I've had maybe a couple others), but because of my cockiness during the whole comeback. As I recall, it sparked a good run for me and got me out of a funk. So I think there is a place for it, but, for the most part, I do leave it on the "info" tab.
    Raise
    Add RI Tony to Rail
  24. carefull what you say or you will get a email like i just got

"Hello Leonardo,

We have received a complaint regarding your use of foul language at our
    tables. I have reviewed the chat logs and did find some of your comments to
    be inappropriate:

fkin limpers

id fckin stab you in the face b1tch

call b1tch

see you are a fckin donk

As a result of this chat I have sent you a chat warning.

Please be aware that, PokerStars will not allow players to be harassed by
    name-calling, disparaging remarks, or slurs.

We don't take 'retaliation' chat into consideration. If someone starts
    cursing and another player starts cursing in return, they both will be
    warned and/or lose chat. We don't accept 'he started it' as an excuse; we
    instead expect the offended party to call a moderator (by clicking on the
    dealer's box), and let the Moderators take care of policing the game.

Thank you for helping to make PokerStars an even better place to play."

just got email today...some of those remarks were months old...plus they missed some of my worse remarks...w/e
    Raise
    Add greezy to Rail
  25. Just keep a Notepad window open and type all your rants there. Or if you want a good laugh at the end of the day, type it all into an email window and then send it all to yourself after you're done playing.

Don't feel too bad--I think everyone has gone through a phase where they want to mouth off their opponents. The important thing is that you understand it's unproductive, which you obviously do. There are other ways to channel out your frustration.

I recommend closing a window right away when you bust from a tournament...

Raise
    Add Adam to Rail
  26. i say nh
    Add SantanaBandana to Rail
  27. Chatting just puts me on tilt
    Add Pooplips to Rail
  28. I just say things like...

'standard'
    'typical'
    '3 outter ftw!'
    'gay'
    'fkn gay'

But now I've adjusted to....

'nh' and if I keep saying that then I believe it and it doesn't tilt me as much... lol well thats what I keep telling myself anyway...
    Raise
    Add 8ntmuch to Rail
  29. I asked stars to ban my chat a couple of weeks ago after realising that every time someone sucks out on me or makes a donkey play, I end up looking like an ill-tempered foul mouthed little brat, not to mention it tilts me more than anything else when they try to defend undefendable plays. The self imposed chat ban doesn't stop the suckouts or the ubertardism but it does help you move on a hell of a lot quicker (minus the tilt).
    Raise
    Add freeworld777 to Rail
  30. I am def an asshole a lot of times at tables and apologize to anyone I have offended.
    Add I Spew Chips to Rail