[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. current BR is about 4k, give or take...

planning on playin large MTTs primarily, maybe some cash

My stats so far in my life... (about 2 yrs or so)

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com...E430B.html?t=2

idk how to link to my sharkscope stats...
    Add s c u m m 3 r to Rail
  2. Not very?

Add shane3769 to Rail
  3. Not very reasonable. But anything's possible.

Add RyJS to Rail
  4. abi 6$, sorry dude. You would have to take shots and run like god, maybe even better.
    Add clantaztic to Rail
  5. looks easy imo
    Add sirswish6 to Rail
  6. If you are willing to go broke and you use poor bankroll managment I would say there is a 2% chance that you could do this. If you use proper bankroll managment there would be pretty much no chance unless you won the mini-FTOPS Main event or something.

Raise
    Add CalBandGreat to Rail
  7. Well...why didn't you do this before?
    Add nw25th to Rail
  8. If it were easy and reasonable, then everyone would be rich from playing poker. I'm not saying it's impossible, but you better run great and get through some pretty with fields.
    Add louiemdj to Rail
  9. buy in 6x to the FTOPS ME and hope to FT it.

Other than that, gonna be pretty tough.
    Add 8888kush to Rail
  10. I'd say about a million to 1.

Add heynow21 to Rail
  11. Regardless of the others itt, I think it's possible. Just study, put in volume, and run good. IMO, the only way it's happening is from MTT's though.

it doesn't need to be from taking huge shots at the FTOP etc, If you hit a 10k score in say an $11-$50 buyin, then that gives you more ammo for the slightly higher buyins. Just stick to your bankroll limits and practice good BR management.

Raise
    Add P0KERDUUDE to Rail
  12. Highly unlikely for OP. Maybe 50% chance at best for a stud player - and that is with run good.

Add bonflizubi to Rail
  13. Depends on how many tournaments you play with a $50k first prize. Rediculously unlikely if you dont hit a 50k score.
    Add Scarypooper to Rail
  14. only one way to find out! but yeah, why haven't you done it yet? and with the tourneys it looks like you're playing, no. i feel like so many people, esp relatively new players, envision their poker careers where one day they're just going to hit it huge and never look back. for a very select few that has happened, but those results are def not typical. theres no way you can go from an average buy-in of 6 bucks to raking in 50k in 6 months playing high stakes mtt's. in fact, if you take your 4k and set out on this mission, you will probably go broke really fast. the players would just slap you around. not being a dick, there just really is so much difference in play between those stakes. if you set a goal like that, esp with such a short time frame, you are just setting yourself up to fail. i think that even thinking about the game like that is going to kill any chances you have of actually being a long-term winner. its all a process, and it takes a lot of time. even high stakes players who are long-term winners can go broke if they start extending themselves too much or losing focus. the big scores will come, but you have to put in time and be smart about it. move up gradually. turtle race, sucka.
    Edited By: clemsonrich Jan 26th, 2011 at 01:41 AM

Raise
    Add clemsonrich to Rail
  15. unless u can hit a 10k+ score very early on an the heater continues its not possible imo

but stranger things hav happened
    Add mcandrews3rd to Rail
    Originally Posted by P0KERDUUDE View Post

Regardless of the others itt, I think it's possible. Just study, put in volume, and run good. IMO, the only way it's happening is from MTT's though.

it doesn't need to be from taking huge shots at the FTOP etc, If you hit a 10k score in say an $11-$50 buyin, then that gives you more ammo for the slightly higher buyins. Just stick to your bankroll limits and practice good BR management.

i like your positive attitude, that's the way it should be if you're a poker player. anything is possible, just keep working at it and don't give up. It may not be 6 months but you will get there if you have the right mindset and the work ethic.
    Edited By: cloud999 Jan 26th, 2011 at 03:12 AM
    Raise
    Add cloud999 to Rail
  17. Pm tedsfishfry deeb he will tell u...
    Add flipxpelon562 to Rail
  18. If you have to ask.......................................
    Add Mrfreeze53 to Rail
  19. sngs yes mtts def not see boku87 15k in 15 days from nothing
    Add virtualthief to Rail

20. So you're saying there is a chance?

Add MattElsarelli to Rail
    Originally Posted by clemsonrich View Post

turtle race, sucka.

This.

I say use half of BR for poker and take other 2k and buy 2000 lotto tickets.

Easy game IMO
    Add otang4prez to Rail
  22. It's possible you could bink a couple tournaments. You would have to run good.

The probability, of it happening with your current Bank Roll and volume of play, is very low.

You have play <1500 MTT/SNG on Tilt & Stars combined in two years. You need to be putting in that volume every month to have a chance. You might go broke but you will never have much of a chnce at your current level of play.

http://www.pokerprolabs.com/scumm3r/FullTiltPoker.aspx
    Raise
    Add MYBLUEDOG to Rail
  23. Play the sunday millions, run like the king of nazareth aka the son of joseph aka jesus....and ship it......goal met problem solved.......hahahahaha.......couldn't resisit.......seriously tho, set more moderate goals and put in the study time and volume and take it a step at a time......jus like any other area in life, for the everyday joe there is no get rich quick.....its through hard work and blood sweat and tears........start at 10 reach that and then set new goals.....just my opinion.....
    Raise
    Add dlove57 to Rail
  24. If you can dream it than you can do it... I'm trying to do the same thing.. So best of luck and fuck the haters.

Add ACgaming to Rail

Regardless of the others itt, I think it's possible. Just study, put in volume, and run good. IMO, the only way it's happening is from MTT's though.

+1

Add zoonie824 to Rail
  26. I'm all for positive thinking but let's be honest there's really zero chance at the stakes you were playing and with the br you said

Add chaz78 to Rail
    Originally Posted by chaz78 View Post

I'm all for positive thinking but let's be honest there's really zero chance at the stakes you were playing and with the br you said

how is $50k so far out of reach for someone with a $4k bankroll? There are plenty of tournies on Sunday that offer a 5 figure first place that are in his buyin range. Also giving him 6 months to achieve it, I think it's very possible.

Raise
    Add P0KERDUUDE to Rail

how is $50k so far out of reach for someone with a $4k bankroll? There are plenty of tournies on Sunday that offer a 5 figure first place that are in his buyin range. Also giving him 6 months to achieve it, I think it's very possible.

ya, idk why ppl think this sounds so impossible, sounds pretty easy actually
    Add sirswish6 to Rail
  29. [x] Possible
    [ ] Possible for a non pro
    Edited By: Bake Me A Jan 26th, 2011 at 06:53 AM
    Add Bake Me A to Rail
  30. Play satalites to sunday majors like the million, warmup, 750k, 200k, ETC. With a 4k bankroll you should be able to win a bunch of sats to these events. Then just keep playing within your BR and move up.
    Raise
    Add Shamaniski to Rail