[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I can win WSOP seats, rebuys, whatever... but I've never cashed in a $20 180 man in about 50 played.

This will change tonight, I will be playing them until I am broke or until I f'ng cash in one. I'm so sick of sucking in these.

Jump in if you want... I will keep everyone progressed on my -100% ROI in these tournaments.

Any advice on wtf I'm doing wrong?

Add Wein to Rail
  2. transfer me 22$, and ill chip dump to you. that will def break your -100% ROI.

unless you dont cash, then wouldnt it be >-100% ROI?
    Add Octan3_ipwnsippin to Rail
  3. you probably havent done anything wrong man. Those 180 man 20s on PS are the hardest tournies to cash in. Pokerstars is the only site im not up a significant amount of money and its all because i have blown off a bunch of money in those 20's
    Raise
    Add jhendricks09 to Rail
  4. see I've absolutely killed the $4 on there when I played them back when... And I've heard there's absolutely zero difference between them.

Stars has been my home site and although I've done extremely well on other sites, I just love my pokerstars. I just can't do well in these particular tournaments.

Raise
    Thread StarterAdd Wein to Rail
  5. Im not sure what your talking about hendricks cause the $20 180 mans on stars are straight cake.
    Add Diggity D to Rail
  6. Never EVER bluff. Don't play big pots unless you've got a pretty nut hand. Anytime I try to build chips early I just crash and burn and usually finish in the 40s trying to resteal on some idiot with A4o
    Raise
    Add DeafEars to Rail
  7. You really can almost fold you way to getting close to the money. Just play really really tight until the ante's kick in.
    Add Rhoof to Rail
  8. This is exactly what happened to me. Pwn 4's suck in 20's. Wish it was the other way around.

Add pageh656 to Rail
  9. That is sick you havent cashed in one of these, When I the worst player on the site has a 5th place finish in one of these on my resume..
    Add AFink93 to Rail
  10. Nah Fink, I'm the worst... but I took down 2nd for a $850 chop on one of these back on April 20th. It was a good 4:20 this year...

Sadly, that's my biggest score, but that's gonna change when I win the FTP 8K tonight!
    Raise
    Add brian622 to Rail
  11. i won like 3 or 4 of them now and have cashed in a bunch, u really just gotta play super tight for most of it and build a stack and just try and not get involved unless u need to, its pretty much playing abc poker untilt he bubble and at that point if u can get lucky once, win a race, or have ur hand hold up once u'll be good, gl
    Raise
    Add tarbash to Rail
  12. I've made two final tables this week. (6th both times, but that's another story) 20/180's are incredibly soft especially around the bubble, where if you stay agressive you can gain a ton of chips from people just trying to fold to the final 18.
    Raise
    Add ClaYPooL to Rail
  13. Folding to cash is the only way to go.
    Add ZeeDustin to Rail
  14. play these extremely TAG early on until down to 80 or so, then you will cash in many of these
    Add str8frush to Rail
  15. It is ridiculously easy to pwn these if you have a big stack with 30 left. People are so scared of the bubble its piss your pants funny.

I have like a 67% ROI over 300+ of them, they aren't hard to pwn, there are at least 10 people I can name off the top of my head who crush these easily.
    Raise
    Add alwaysdrowning to Rail
  16. Is this counting yourself?
    Add ZeeDustin to Rail
  17. lol my friends and I call these "the cursed tourneys". I do well in MTTs, but I wish I had the money back i've spent in these. F the 180 man $22 tourneys.
    Add murf99 to Rail
  18. are you sure about that?
    <TABLE class=sortTable id=t1 borderColor=black border=1><TBODY id=tablerows><TR class=sortTable id="phidelt149#pokerstars&amp; E><TD class=sortTable align=middle><A onclick="addgraph('phidelt149#pokerstars&amp; E>=180 S&gt;=20')&quot; href=&quot;http://www.sharkscope.com/index.jsp#&quot;&gt;phidelt149</A><INPUT onclick=showpreferences(); type=image height=20 width=40 src="http://www.sharkscope.com/images/shark.gif"></TD><TD class=sortTable align=middle>214</TD><TD class=sortTable title="The Av. Profit is the Average Profit Per Game after rake has been subtracted." align=right>$10 </TD><TD class=sortTable title="The Av. Stake is the average tournament buy-in amount." align=right>$20 </TD><TD class=sortTable title="The Av. ROI is the Average of each game's Return On Investment. It is the average of each (Payout-(Stake+Rake))/(Stake+Rake). This is not the same as total ROI which is (Total Payouts-(Total Rake+Total Stakes))/(Total Stakes+Total Rake)." align=middle>47%</TD><TD class=sortTable title="The Total Profit is the net profit for this player (and includes rake)." align=right>$2,207</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Raise
    Add ronjon13 to Rail
  19. Sweet, someone else sucks as much at these as I do! I've played about 20 of them and I've never cashed. I usually go completely card dead, get sucked out or coolered in these, and I don't even usually make it to the bubble. Sharkscope says my Stars ROI is like 30%, but at the $20 level it's -100000000%. It's crazy.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong though, so you probably aren't either. I remember one time I was multi-tabling SNGs and I finished 2nd 10 straight times where I was heads up; I thought I must be playing wrong. Then all of a sudden I won 9 straight times when heads up.

The V word is a bitch sometimes. Let me know when you finally cash...gl. Wein owns.
    Raise
    Add dandickau to Rail
  20. uhh you dont really ahve to play TAG to be succesful. i play anything but TAG.
    Add notashark to Rail
  21. ^ true I do ok in these and Ive been known to play a little lag.
    Add ZeeDustin to Rail
  22. you are thinking of going pro, yet you are 0 for 50 cashing in the $20 180 mans? those tourneys are ridiculously easy.
    Add blance23 to Rail
  23. Those #s are incorrect ronjon... I got mine from Stars, and I maintain a personal Excel spreadsheet. Be more than happy to email it to anyone.

Although those #s are still better than ZeeDustin's LOL. :)
    Raise
    Add alwaysdrowning to Rail