[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. So is this old news or what? On the new episode of PokerRoad they briefly spoke about Jamie Gold, when Ali Nejad mentioned how he has went from 8 million to nada. How did this happen?

http://www.pokerroad.com/pokerroad_radio/1-9-09/

" djk123" episode @ 5:15 mark

2. This would come as a shock to you?
  3. Yeah, lol @ "How did this happen?".
  4. Actually yes it is a shock to me.......how do you lose 8 million? What actually happened though? I dont check the posts everyday, so i may have missed alot.

5. what part in the episode do they talk about jamie gold?
    Originally Posted by p0cket00 View Post

who the fuck wants to talk about jamie gold?

FYP
  7. Did he invest all his money with Madoff, or did he lose it all playing poker? Either one would be a easy way to go broke seeing how Jamie played. I have no sympathy for people who cannot manage their money. I will most likely never make 8 mil. in my lifetime, so when people lose all that, I could care less. When people get that kind of coin, they forget the true value of a dollar, and how hard some have to work just to get by.
    Raise
  8. taxes from the win, then he shipped 4.5 of the 12 million to the guy who had half of him....bad stock market...easy to do IMO
  9. ty LVpokerdealer

10. LOL inevitablaments.
  11. He's a scrub and always has been, this is nothing new.
    Originally Posted by Bond18 View Post

LOL inevitablaments.

qf woo woo
  13. and how much did he lose playing hsp?
  14. He lost it because he became his own financial manager as well, though in fairness, many pro's lost their clients boatloads this year.

It's not his fault, but I stand by my claim that he has three copies of chromosome 21.
    Raise
  15. I love how they rip on the WPT and their tournament players wearing logo's....then you look at the top of the pokerroad web page, to see a WPT advertisement.
  16. i doubt he invested much i would say he prob lost most of it playing poker... only time i ever saw him win any money was at that final table when he got hit with the deck... a monkey could play just as good as he did and win as long as he got hit with the deck
    Raise
  17. i think the title of thread shooda been, HOOORAY jamie gold is broke!

Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post

i doubt he invested much i would say he prob lost most of it playing poker... only time i ever saw him win any money was at that final table when he got hit with the deck... a monkey could play just as good as he did and win as long as he got hit with the deck

yeah, this!
    Raise
  19. too bad for Jamie that he couldnt just pass quietly into the night...

instead he tried to stick around to prove to the world that hes not an uber-donk...

and now hes busto...

whata fuckin shocker... maybe he could work for the Intelli-donks...

theyd prolly welcome his great poker advice

Raise
  20. Ughhh, that high stake poker episode where he lost 300k to Farha with KK vs AA is the excact reason why he has/had no business playing with professional players-hurt me to a watch that.
  21. hurt you to watch? I friggin love it when I see Jamie lose anything
  22. I would have liked to see Joes face when Ali started to ripp wpt off lolllllllllllllll. Was hilerious doesnt Ali know wpt sponsor pokerroad radio
  23. if i somehow won the amount of money he had i would pay off all my debts....>$20k... invest quite a bit throw some in the bank and continue to play poker... not at super high limits but probably higher than i play now
    Raise
  24. if the majority of people who win 8 or even 9 figures in the lottery end up broke then how is it a surprise that jamie gold does with "only" 8 million??

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...rMillions.aspx

you didn't think gold was smarter than them did you??
    Raise
  25. Stock market and poker most likely. The market can be brutal the way it eats up money on a downswing and '08 was the worst year for a long time. Plus it seemed like he was way out of his depth on HSP. How you can win that much and not put half of it into the safety of bank accounts or bonds is just beyond me.
    Raise
  26. Well he paid a little over a third of that to the IRS, and afterwards, donked it off in poker. 5 million isn't that much after you buy a house / car / donk it up in higher stakes then you are prepared to play.
    Raise
  27. Not sure why there is so much hate on jamie? How jealous are you people wow? The guy won a poker tournament and got a good chunk of change, big deal. He seems like a nice guy on tv and I played blackjack with him a month ago drunk in vegas and he was unbelievably nice and down to earth. Pretty absurd how people are happy about others losing money, especially in a time like this, when so many people are losing their life savings. I am all for the typical joking around but wishing someone to lose their money and be broke is pretty sick, and karma could very well bite you in the ass on that one.

Things I laugh at:
    1. 99.9% of people on p5 being worse players then jamie gold
    2. people having no clue how the economy has ruined peoples financial status.
    3. people excited jamie gold wont be playing high stakes poker (guy is GREAT for the show).
    4. Jamie playing like a monkey. He may have acted like a monkey at times but guy simply outplayed people in that wsop event. He got no more lucky then the previous winners. If anything he got least lucky cause he ran people over whole tourney, where past few winners have had to comeback from small stacks winning all ins over and over again.

<3 jamie, win another ME.
    Raise
  28. & obv nobody is jumping the gun to sign him up for a backing deal anytime soon. JQ
    Originally Posted by yay415area View Post

Not sure why there is so much hate on jamie? How jealous are you people wow? The guy won a poker tournament and got a good chunk of change, big deal. He seems like a nice guy on tv and I played blackjack with him a month ago drunk in vegas and he was unbelievably nice and down to earth. Pretty absurd how people are happy about others losing money, especially in a time like this, when so many people are losing their life savings. I am all for the typical joking around but wishing someone to lose their money and be broke is pretty sick, and karma could very well bite you in the ass on that one.

Things I laugh at:
    1. 99.9% of people on p5 being worse players then jamie gold
    2. people having no clue how the economy has ruined peoples financial status.
    3. people excited jamie gold wont be playing high stakes poker (guy is GREAT for the show).
    4. Jamie playing like a monkey. He may have acted like a monkey at times but guy simply outplayed people in that wsop event. He got no more lucky then the previous winners. If anything he got least lucky cause he ran people over whole tourney, where past few winners have had to comeback from small stacks winning all ins over and over again.

<3 jamie, win another ME.

jamie gold is horrible at poker almost no one has a clue how to play anyway
    he so so bad its sick.

I just want to see a great player win the main event once insetad of uber donk's

I would beat jamie gold out of 8 million in one week

Raise
  30. I would rather see a normal entertaining person win the main event, not someone who sits on the computer 100 hours a week and has never carried a conversation with another human. Also I am not saying you could not beat him, however u are better then majority of p5, far majority. The hate on him for no reason is what I do not understand, good player or not.
    Raise