[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Villain is kind of unknown here as he played the rebuy hour in a gambling fashion so his hud stats I believe are irrelevant, but he seems like good player.

3betting pre for value of course but what about the cbet (i like my sizing), but vs. this stacksize that raise/called pre, which is more optimal to check behind and bluffcatch or just cbet and hope to take it down. On the river I think it's clear fold since I'm only beating KQss and KTss imo but i'm up for discussion on that too :)

pokerstars Hand #76080005860: Tournament #561010324, $8.00+$0.80 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2012/02/23 16:17:18 UTC [2012/02/23 11:17:18 ET]
    Table '561010324 38' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
    Seat 1: AAmaggie (4150 in chips)
    Seat 2: phiIter (5491 in chips)
    Seat 3: Bisull (11630 in chips)
    Seat 4: Maccarini (10560 in chips)
    Seat 5: LukyLuke1860 (5650 in chips)
    Seat 6: kalouu217 (3241 in chips)
    Seat 7: goioman (5300 in chips)
    Seat 8: [JuMp`JaH]0 (14170 in chips)
    Seat 9: taaffey (4839 in chips)
    goioman: posts small blind 75
    [JuMp`JaH]0: posts big blind 150
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Bisull [Jh Js]
    taaffey: folds
    AAmaggie: raises 300 to 450
    phiIter: folds
    Bisull: raises 600 to 1050
    Maccarini: folds
    LukyLuke1860: folds
    kalouu217: folds
    goioman: folds
    [JuMp`JaH]0: folds
    AAmaggie: calls 600
    *** FLOP *** [9c As 7s]
    AAmaggie: checks
    Bisull: bets 906
    AAmaggie: calls 906
    *** TURN *** [9c As 7s] [Ah]
    AAmaggie: checks
    Bisull: checks
    *** RIVER *** [9c As 7s Ah] [5h]
    AAmaggie: bets 2194 and is all-in
    Bisull:
    Edited By: Bisull Feb 23rd, 2012 at 04:29 PM

2. I think if he did have KQss he would be shoving the flop i dont think he would flat 1/3rd of his stack because its better for him to jam..

It does look like he has the ace i mean i would play it the exact same way post flop but if i had AK/AQ im more than likely just jamming over your raise as he is only on around 25 odd bbs.

But we have 3-1 to call on river im sure if we played this hand out 3 times we are going to win twice i dunno with the 2 aces out aswell its unlikely he has one. Interested to see other replys.

Raise
  3. With no history here I think it's a close fold, but the way you played it makes it seem like you just c-bet and gave up, so if he's a thinking player he could easily see this as a spot to try to bluff you off of a hand if he thinks you're folding every hand worse than trip aces.

I agree with Ben above that if he had KQss he would most likely be jamming the flop over your c-bet with a nut flush draw. He could also very well have flatted your flop bet with a midpair like 88 or TT and then turned his hand into a bluff on the river when he sensed weakness, but generally without history I can't see a random showing up with complete air or busted flush draws here enough for this to be a profitable call.
    Raise
  4. ok, thanks ... how about cbetting these boards in early 3bet pots where people just generally peel lighter. And most about this hand is gonna be some overall thinking because we dont have any reads.

Just in general, do you guys cbet here IP just so you dont have to deal with bets on later streets or do you bluffcatch more often.

Raise
  5. don't cbet when hes that shallow. As played fold river.
  6. I like to check the flop in this spot ,we are in position and we hope villain leads the turn and bluffs.As played i fold river.

7. i cant rely on ur player description here op. he gambled while rebuy period which is fine. what exactly made him a good player if he calls that 3bet pre? that's something good players do rather rarely unless they have quads there, which is obv unlikely. what kind of ace does he represent here? when u cbet what were ur plans when u get called, since ur cbet and that call is as big as his remaining stack? especially with the busted flushdraw i call, altho i do think that most players will get it in on the flop there. still a slight possibility.

pot is like 4k, he shoves 2k, so u need to win the pot in about 25% which i think is the case here. his range is like full house only, and the turn card is good for u imo since it makes it less likely that he has one and also u show weakness on the turn and induce a shove from 100% of his range there.im calling.
    Raise
  8. The line the op took in this hand and the info given,i would fold river.