[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1. how do you guys somehow manage to turn every thread into a bax nuthugging festival?
     
  2.  
    Originally Posted by I Spew Chips View Post

    Its important to have the event for women who don't and wouldn't normally play poker tournaments but still want to come play in an event on the worlds largest poker stage..

    This is such a backwards and simple way to think about things.
     
  3.  
    Originally Posted by Passiveplay View Post

    This incident had zero to do with equal rights, everything to do with attention whoring. If you want to be pissed at the WSOP it should be how
    they give known online cheating players a chance to make the the TOC.


    Exactly this
  4. What Deeb is doing, rocks! Yes it is a ladies event but I highly doubt any women have any issue with it. Women have a WSOP event because they are the minority and I'm sure on some level WSOP feels chivalrous about it. Kathy's comment is just to keep her EV as high as possible or she's worried about being cock blocked.
    Raise
  5. The only reason why "men" enter into the ladies event is because they think it's like shooting fish in a barrel. All this talk about using "equal rights" and "discrimination" to justify entering the tournament is purely laughable. For those male players who enter into a ladies event, and or also think it's acceptable based solely on equal rights, grow t f up. It's classless and immature at best. Having said that, has everyone missed the silver lining here? it's all LADIES in one big playing area...this means you don't have to cyber creep them on facebook or myspace!!! ;)
     
    Raise
  6.  
    Originally Posted by OnTheBink View Post

    IIRC, there wasnt a PLB back in the day before deeb...it was a subjective ranking system and had bax ranked #1 for a good bit of that period...yes, shaun has had an impact on the game, but hes not the doyle of online poker or anything imo...dont make him sound like hes the god father or something

    ????? pokerstars has had a tournament leaderboard way before shaundeeb, and I remember other ppl at the top not just Bax, GoLeafsGo, JJprodigy, BodogAri, ThatsNice. After Shaun raised the bar you never saw any of these guys in the top 10, maybe they couldnt adjust to playing 16 tourneys at once and keeping a positive ROI. Players currently ranked 1000th would have enough wins to make the top 10 back before Deeb set the new standard. Bax never won the pokerstars leaderboard two years in a row, and I would love to see him in a dress playing the ladies event haha!
    Edited By: Infaulable Jun 14th, 2010 at 07:57 AM
    Raise
  7. you're confusing TLB and PLB
     
  8. its a sorry attempt for deeb to pick up women
     
  9. surely the logical thing is for the wsop to run 2 events side by side on same day, mens and womens, with the same buy in. that way women can have their event, and men can't complain it's sexist, cause there is an event for them to play in too. they could even have the winner of each event play each other heads up for $50k taken out of the prizepools or something, as a 'battle of the sexes' type thing if they wanted. bit of extra promotion, would get a lot of media play.

    I'm not a lawyer, let alone an american lawyer, but it certainly seems to me it would give women their own event to play in, and prevent men from playing in it without wsop getting sued.
    2
    Raise
  10.  
    Originally Posted by gotzballz View Post

    its a sorry attempt for deeb to get picked up by a dude

    fyp
     
  11.  
    Originally Posted by mathclub View Post

    surely the logical thing is for the wsop to run 2 events side by side on same day, mens and womens, with the same buy in. that way women can have their event, and men can't complain it's sexist, cause there is an event for them to play in too. they could even have the winner of each event play each other heads up for $50k taken out of the prizepools or something, as a 'battle of the sexes' type thing if they wanted. bit of extra promotion, would get a lot of media play.

    I'm not a lawyer, let alone an american lawyer, but it certainly seems to me it would give women their own event to play in, and prevent men from playing in it without wsop getting sued.

    Spot on mate.
    The perfect solution, WSOP take note.

     
    Originally Posted by xAlyssax View Post

    The only reason why "men" enter into the ladies event is because they think it's like shooting fish in a barrel. All this talk about using "equal rights" and "discrimination" to justify entering the tournament is purely laughable. For those male players who enter into a ladies event, and or also think it's acceptable based solely on equal rights, grow t f up. It's classless and immature at best. Having said that, has everyone missed the silver lining here? it's all LADIES in one big playing area...this means you don't have to cyber creep them on facebook or myspace!!! ;)

    Congrats, you just won the booby prize, for the biggest load of bollocks in the thread.
  12.  
    Originally Posted by mathclub View Post

    surely the logical thing is for the wsop to run 2 events side by side on same day, mens and womens, with the same buy in. that way women can have their event, and men can't complain it's sexist, cause there is an event for them to play in too. they could even have the winner of each event play each other heads up for $50k taken out of the prizepools or something, as a 'battle of the sexes' type thing if they wanted. bit of extra promotion, would get a lot of media play.

    I'm not a lawyer, let alone an american lawyer, but it certainly seems to me it would give women their own event to play in, and prevent men from playing in it without wsop getting sued.

    This is a really cool idea
  13. So as far as the list goes we have shaun deeb and some rando with a tampon. Good work folks!
  14.  
    Originally Posted by gotzballz View Post

    its a sorry attempt for deeb to pick up women

    I don't think women like men with breasts
  15.  
    Originally Posted by N 82 50 24 View Post

    you're confusing TLB and PLB

    yes
  16. Sandy vagines ITT
  17.  
    Originally Posted by rayfox111 View Post


    Congrats, you just won the booby prize, for the biggest load of bollocks in the thread.

    Congrats on your big score Feb 25, 2010. Also I know you are just another limey c***sucker from the UK, but if you are going to flame other peoples posts then a) make sense and b) do a better job concealing your mass retardation.

    Also I concur with mathclub's suggestion.
    Edited By: xAlyssax Jun 14th, 2010 at 09:49 PM
     
    Raise
  18.  
    Originally Posted by mathclub View Post

    surely the logical thing is for the wsop to run 2 events side by side on same day, mens and womens, with the same buy in. that way women can have their event, and men can't complain it's sexist, cause there is an event for them to play in too. they could even have the winner of each event play each other heads up for $50k taken out of the prizepools or something, as a 'battle of the sexes' type thing if they wanted. bit of extra promotion, would get a lot of media play.

    I'm not a lawyer, let alone an american lawyer, but it certainly seems to me it would give women their own event to play in, and prevent men from playing in it without wsop getting sued.

    great idea
     
  19.  
    Originally Posted by xAlyssax View Post

    Congrats on your big score Feb 25, 2010. Also I know you are just another limey c***sucker from the UK, but if you are going to flame other peoples posts then a) make sense and b) do a better job concealing your mass retardation.

    Also I concur with mathclub's suggestion.

    If your going to defend your post, do it properly, not like a big baby.
    Your booby prize is well deserved.
    Also, if you cant understand my post, you had better get some further education.
  20.  
    Originally Posted by xAlyssax View Post

    Congrats on your big score Feb 25, 2010. Also I know you are just another limey c***sucker from the UK, but if you are going to flame other peoples posts then a) make sense and b) do a better job concealing your mass retardation.

    Also I concur with mathclub's suggestion.

    Lol at bringing someones results into this thread, and lol even more at "limey cocksucker from the uk" - glad to see you're only xenophobic and not sexist.

    Be a good little girl and fuck off back to the kitchen
    Raise
  21. i didn't read whole thread....but if it's a repost im sorry

    deeb posted a vid on his facebook page about this
     
  22. [ ] list itt

     
    Originally Posted by Appst08 View Post

    i didn't read whole thread....but if it's a repost im sorry

    deeb posted a vid on his facebook page about this



    thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't seen it before
     
  23. ;)
    Edited By: Appst08 Jun 15th, 2010 at 09:12 AM
     
  24. Well glad Shaun apologized because showing up in drag was a bit tasteless. I'm a female poker player and I prefer not to play in ladies only events. I don't like them for several reasons but mostly because the payouts are generally too small as compared to open events. I also enjoy playing poker with men and ladies alike. I do feel having a ladies event continues to perpetuate the segregation of women in poker. That said I do appreciate all the work that is being done by the HHPT and LIPS to encourage women to get involved in poker. I wish they would organize the ladies to play in a particular open event at major tournaments instead having a separate ladies event but I understand why many women feel uncomfortable playing in open events and for now I have no real issue with there being ladies only events. I don't think men can or should be banned from playing in a ladies event. I do however not have much respect for any man who would play in a ladies only event nor would I respect any girl or guy in their 20s or 30s who plays in the seniors events. I feel they are being disrespectful no matter what their reasoning. And the tampon thing was just so wrong on so many levels.

    I won't even go so far as to say I would never play in a ladies only event, I might if I felt like it and I felt it was advantageous to do so. If I and/or other ladies want to have their own event there is nothing wrong with that. I think this issue has been blown out of proportion.
    Edited By: DiamondDixi Jun 15th, 2010 at 09:16 PM
     
    Raise
  25.  
    Originally Posted by Wein View Post

    This is such a backwards and simple way to think about things.

    lol wein....I honestly and 100% do not care one tiny little bit if there is a ladies event. I will never play it and don't really care who wins it, along with most other events. This was just my 2 cents and didn't care to go into any further argument about it. Was pretty much the easiest way to say what I thought about the subject without having to sit here and argue law/philosophy/morals of having a womens event lol

    edit: this is also why i almost never post in p5s anymore...have a lot better things to do than just argue over stuff i couldn't care less about when someone picks my one post that isn't directed towards anybody in a thread and replies w some stupid comment
    Edited By: I Spew Chips Jun 15th, 2010 at 09:30 PM
    Raise
  26.  
    Originally Posted by I Spew Chips View Post

    lol wein....I honestly and 100% do not care one tiny little bit if there is a ladies event. I will never play it and don't really care who wins it, along with most other events. This was just my 2 cents and didn't care to go into any further argument about it. Was pretty much the easiest way to say what I thought about the subject without having to sit here and argue law/philosophy/morals of having a womens event lol

    edit: this is also why i almost never post in p5s anymore...have a lot better things to do than just argue over stuff i couldn't care less about when someone picks my one post that isn't directed towards anybody in a thread and replies w some stupid comment

    Don't understand why you're getting so defensive. It's not an argument - it is a discussion. Why would you post your two cents if you're not ready to discuss the matter on a discussion board?

    There are a bunch of people that I like a lot that I disagree with on this topic. I don't condescendingly LOL at them for bringing up their point. I listen and try to get a more well-rounded opinion.
    Edited By: Wein Jun 15th, 2010 at 09:58 PM
     
    Raise
  27.  
    Originally Posted by JasonST1970 View Post

    Lol at bringing someones results into this thread, and lol even more at "limey cocksucker from the uk" - glad to see you're only xenophobic and not sexist.

    Be a good little girl and fuck off back to the kitchen

    awww sticks and stones will break my bones but names will go fuck your mother you pathetic, broke, sexist and of course limey cocksucker.
     
  28. lol at Deeb reading that statement. Probably didn't write that himself, too.

    And OP should explain the nature of his butthurt more thoroughly, imo.
  29.  
    Originally Posted by I Spew Chips View Post

    edit: this is also why i almost never post in p5s anymore...have a lot better things to do than just argue over stuff i couldn't care less about when someone picks my one post that isn't directed towards anybody in a thread and replies w some stupid comment

    Has it ever really been any different? :)
     
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 74 5 6 7

Similar Threads