1. I need to jump a level from the $2+.25's sngs, but I know that $5+.50 sngs are way too high of a jump. I have about $150 in my BR, and want to know what the best option is for me. I don't play cash games.
    Add Hallettcopta to Rail
  2. $3.30 90-man Ko's and $3.30 midnight madness satties.
    Add muck_AA to Rail
  3. 3.30 90 man KOs with ur bankroll with work well. once u get over 200 start playing 6 max $6 SNGs, they are just as easy 2.20s.

micro grinding SNGs is close to torture, learn cash games well and grind that bankroll playing .5/.1 and .1/.25. SNGs get old after a few months of grinding, specially when u r introduced to SNG variance.
    Raise
    Add JmL1984 to Rail
    Originally Posted by muck_AA View Post

$3.30 90-man Ko's and $3.30 midnight madness satties.

meh, I guess I can try my luck at turbos
    Thread StarterAdd Hallettcopta to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jarlynch View Post

3.30 90 man KOs with ur bankroll with work well. once u get over 200 start playing 6 max $6 SNGs, they are just as easy 2.20s.

micro grinding SNGs is close to torture, learn cash games well and grind that bankroll playing .5/.1 and .1/.25. SNGs get old after a few months of grinding, specially when u r introduced to SNG variance.

I have been an SNG player for 4 years, I know the variance that comes with it lol. I have never ever found success in cash games, I am always losing the buy-in I bring to the table to an outdraw. Cash games are rigged against me
    Raise
  6. I would say to just stick it out in the 2+.25's they should be really soft and easy to grind your BR up to 300 so you can move up to the 3$-5$ ones. 70 buyins is pretty good for low limit sngs imo, so for a 150$ br the 2.25's are perfect. Just grind them out then move up slowly when your BR allows.
    Raise
    Add TheMayor to Rail
  7. Dont know why but i am addicted to the 2$ rebuys on full tilt now, they are soft, play ABC poker and you should do ok.

also if mtt is not your thing, my other vice on ftp is the 3.50$ 9 man super turbo 300 chips game, I think it helps with quick thinking and push/fold strategy.
    Raise
    Add tmleafs1967 to Rail
  8. You can always just keep playing the $2.25s for the most part, but start introducing the occasional $5.50 into the mix. This keeps your average buyin down, but slightly higher than $2.25. If you continue to have success, you can increase the number of $5.50s in your mix, raising your average buyin a little. If you hit a bad streak, cut out the $5.50s until things turn around.

This is essentially what I do with the range of MTT buyins that I play.

Raise
    Add cobere to Rail
    Originally Posted by cobere View Post

You can always just keep playing the $2.25s for the most part, but start introducing the occasional $5.50 into the mix. This keeps your average buyin down, but slightly higher than $2.25. If you continue to have success, you can increase the number of $5.50s in your mix, raising your average buyin a little. If you hit a bad streak, cut out the $5.50s until things turn around.

This is essentially what I do with the range of MTT buyins that I play.

what ratio would you recommend for this? About 1 5.50 sng for every 5 2.20's? I like this idea, I just don't want to get too carried away

I just really wish they had an sng that was 3.30, but wasnt a friggin turbo knockout.
    Raise