1. hello boys and girls,

    im setting up a midstakes team competition that will last for three weeks in january and i want you, yes YOU, to be a part of it. the contest will last three weeks and will run from january 1st - january 23rd (this actually covers 4 sundays). im making this thread today because with christmas and new years, a lot of posters might not be on p5s towards the end of the month so i figured id get the ball rolling now and see who is interested.

    Buyin: $250 (might be 260 if we have to pay $10 to a scorekeeper, id like p5s to run this contest and will contact n82 - im not sure he charges). Payouts will be determined once we know how many teams there are but odds are its winner take all unless there are more than 10-15 teams

    Freezeouts: up to $109
    Rebuys: up to $20r
    Cubed and quads: up to $20. ie the 5 quad counts, the 20c counts, the $5r 25a/o counts, the 30 quad doesnt
    2x chance: the $55 2x and $109 2x WILL NOT COUNT because the scoring system cant currently do that. i believe the only other 2x chance tourney that would count is the $8 one

    sites: FTP/PS/UB/AP

    Scoring breakdown: Teams of 4. Minimum of 10 scores per player, maximum of 17 scores per player. top 60 scores per team count.
    -------------------------------------

    before the inevitable influx of people saying "omg if we do $109fos, why not the $129ko? why not $163s? why not 30rs?"...do me a favor and stfu. these stakes are non negotiable. we are going to get more people if we max it out at these stakes than if we include 163s, 30rs etc


    this will be a team contest ran in the form of a snake draft. the draft is tentatively set for wednesday 12/29 at 8pm est but can be pushed back until the 30th if necessary.

    we need captains to step up so please volunteer yourself if you want to have control over who is on your team and not be stuck with a bunch of withered players.

    oh and lastly, please dont sign up for this contest if youre not planning on putting in at least some volume. every contest has a handful of guys who just end up deciding they dont really feel like playing that much. when you do this you not only pretty much guarantee you wont win money, but youre screwing over your teammates. dont be this contest's joey baggadouche

    the buyin and stakes are pretty much locked down, so if you want to participate and know youre 100% in you can send me the money whenever you want.

    goldenad (hoboken)
    goldenad (L, donkey)

    Signed up:
    goldenad (paid)
    shanetrain22 (paid)
    funnygut (paid)
    willster (paid)
    nickyluvshu (paid)
    iplaytourneys (paid)
    zmeyer (paid)
    supra1988t (paid)
    arobinson11 (paid)
    jshark4 (paid)
    millerscrossing (paid)
    doggz (paid)
    bob2bob (paid)
    uwokid87 (paid)
    ryan beckwith (paid)
    valasaraptor16 (paid)
    bustuw72 (paid)
    kodykirlinko (paid)
    aabomb09 (paid)
    doubleAAron (paid)
    thasquirrel (paid)
    sirswish6 (paid)
    younggiambi (paid)
    fly44 (paid)
    pizzitypizzwnd (paid)
    gimmietheloot (paid)
    100mile (paid)
    donkthorne04 (paid)
    higher wattage (paid)
    soapnyoureye (paid)
    brin1285 (paid)
    horus7 (paid)
    neptune (paid)
    buckshot457 (paid)
    jjshizzaay (paid)
    kjlegend (paid)
    kxywrx (paid)
    grimerat420 (paid)
    blazed3x1 (paid)
    jrice1201 (paid)
    Lnormajean (paid)
    cracker9ball (paid)
    super plaaayer (paid)
    mastap89 (paid)
    jigglybluff (paid)
    jtj03 (paid)
    cmoney3 (paid)
    dakidoniiiiiiii (paid)

    captains:
    goldenad
    supra1988t
    ryan beckwith
    higher wattage
    donkthorne04
    pizzitypizzwnd
    younggiambi
    brin1285
    super plaaayer
    cmoney3
    jigglybluff
    Edited By: Goldenad Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:14 PM
     
    Add Goldenad to Rail
  2. in!
     
    Add funnygut to Rail
  3. Hi, im joey bagadouche and id like to join.

    i plan on getting tons of 9ths, drooping huds on fools on the reg and generally being the life of the party.

    pm me for details.
     1
    Add pinishe45 to Rail
  4. whos that golden nad guy?
    and why no 163s and 33rs???????
    1 
    Add MastaP89 to Rail
  5. in, im against the 163s but you need to include 1ks and any live tourneys
     1
    Add Arobinson11 to Rail
  6. Question.

    Do you have to be a big winning player to be included, or will I just be one of the last ones picked? I've been playing more lately but don't have any big scores to my credit yet. I feel like something like this will motivate me to player more, drink less, and try and play well more consistently if I have others affected by my results.
    Raise
    Add HanoverHero to Rail
  7. omg if we do $109fos, why not the $129ko? why not $163s? why not 30rs?
    Edited By: N 82 50 24 Dec 15th, 2010 at 05:07 PM
    Reason: we'll score it
     
    Add N 82 50 24 to Rail
  8.  
    Originally Posted by HanoverHero View Post

    Do you have to be a big winning player to be included, or will I just be one of the last ones picked? I've been playing more lately but don't have any big scores to my credit yet. I feel like something like this will motivate me to player more, drink less, and try and play well more consistently if I have others affected by my results.

    you dont have to be a winning player, as long as you sign up early youll get drafted onto a team. in a contest like this, volume is going to be important and even if youre not great, enough volume will get you some deep runs. if youre gonna play a lot in january then this contest is gonna be perfect for you.

     
    Originally Posted by N 82 50 24 View Post

    omg if we do $109fos, why not the $129ko? why not $163s? why not 30rs?

    gifafi
     
    Thread StarterAdd Goldenad to Rail
  9.  
    Originally Posted by HanoverHero View Post

    Question.

    Do you have to be a big winning player to be included, or will I just be one of the last ones picked? I've been playing more lately but don't have any big scores to my credit yet. I feel like something like this will motivate me to player more, drink less, and try and play well more consistently if I have others affected by my results.

    you can join if you put up the money. im sure nobody is against having more people enter the comp. the thing is though are you rolled to be able to play all of these tournaments? will you be playing all the 109's and the 55's and 20r's without a problem of being rolled for them? im not passing judgement on what your roll is or isnt, but these are just a few things to consider. because most of the people that enter this comp will be playing ALL of the highest buy ins allowed for this comp.
    Raise
    Add shallowcal to Rail
  10. im in
    2
    Add jshark4 to Rail
  11. i want to do this but i have dreams of becoming a withered live pro and the borgata winter open is calling me...
    1 
    Add apology7 to Rail
  12.  
    Originally Posted by shallowcal View Post

    you can join if you put up the money. im sure nobody is against having more people enter the comp. the thing is though are you rolled to be able to play all of these tournaments? will you be playing all the 109's and the 55's and 20r's without a problem of being rolled for them? im not passing judgement on what your roll is or isnt, but these are just a few things to consider. because most of the people that enter this comp will be playing ALL of the highest buy ins allowed for this comp.


    pretty much this. whether you have scores or not is MUCH less important (to me anyway) than volume and being able to play all eligible tourneys.

    i'd say most people that join these avg between 4 and 6 days of playing per week. 1 or 2 per week just won't cut it m8 (unless maybe they're 24 hour sessions and you can 20 table better than mementmori ROFL).

    p.s. i'm in "nad"... sending now on paradise poker.
     1
    Raise
    Add shanetrain22 to Rail
  13.  
    Originally Posted by apology7 View Post

    i want to do this but i have dreams of becoming a withered live pro and the borgata winter open is calling me...

    me 2 i just feel like donating tho
     
    Add njw11 to Rail
  14. nat can correct me if i'm wrong...but i believe that if p5's scores it you need two categories...non-rebuys...and rebuys...so non-rebuys would obv be up to $109. but if you want to distinguish between the 20r and say the 50 2x chance, you can't...and have to just make these up to 22...therefore the 50 2x would get left out...

    also...i'll be in...gonna not be captain this time. i'll be at pca from the 7th-16th, but will grind a lot when i'm not there...meh, might hurt my team actually, don't know if i'll do this...
     2
    1
    Raise
    Add Gags30 to Rail
  15. im in. maybe ill be a captain this time too
    Add supra1988t to Rail
  16. would like to join seems like the exact stakes im planning on playing in next few months, do i just send money to goldenad and im in?
     
    Add Willster to Rail
  17.  
    Originally Posted by Willster View Post

    would like to join seems like the exact stakes im planning on playing in next few months, do i just send money to goldenad and im in?


    yarks
     2
    1
    Add Gags30 to Rail
  18.  
    Originally Posted by Gags30 View Post

    nat can correct me if i'm wrong...but i believe that if p5's scores it you need two categories...non-rebuys...and rebuys...so non-rebuys would obv be up to $109. but if you want to distinguish between the 20r and say the 50 2x chance, you can't...and have to just make these up to 22...therefore the 50 2x would get left out...

    yeah nat explained this in a PM. im going to remove the $50 2x chance now.

    also, this will only be FTP/PS/UB/AP
    Edited By: Goldenad Dec 15th, 2010 at 06:48 PM
     
    Thread StarterAdd Goldenad to Rail
  19. Would be more interested if the buy-in was in the $1k range, I feel like I killed myself during the last midstakes comp for a whopping $100. But in all likelihood I will prob play live during this and won't make a great teammate.
    Raise
    Add Ddayy to Rail
  20. in, but wondering if a 2 week end of the month comp would be more favorible as im sure alot of grinders will be going to pca
    Edited By: jiggybluff Dec 15th, 2010 at 07:12 PM
     
    Add jiggybluff to Rail
  21.  
    Originally Posted by jiggybluff View Post

    in, but wondering if a 2 week end of the month comp would be more favorible as im sure alot of grinders will be going to pca

    disagree, id venture to say that most of the people who are going to be at pca arent going to be super concerned about joining a contest whos highest stakes are a $100 freezeout
     
    Thread StarterAdd Goldenad to Rail
  22. is it $250/person or team?
    Add PerfectPoker to Rail
  23. I am pretty sure that is per person Perfect. I am very torn on playing this.... Someone talk me into it! :P
     
    Add big4390 to Rail
  24. IN. Confused why 30 rebuys don't count. For the last midstakes Comp we had 30 rebuys and 129fos so why not keep it the same. That comp worked perfect
    Add valasaraptor16 to Rail
  25. In will ship tomorrow
     
    Add Passiveplay to Rail
  26.  
    Originally Posted by PerfectPoker View Post

    is it $250/person or team?

    per person

     
    Originally Posted by big4390 View Post

    I am very torn on playing this.... Someone talk me into it! :P

    do it you waste of space

     
    Originally Posted by valasaraptor16 View Post

    IN. Confused why 30 rebuys don't count. For the last midstakes Comp we had 30 rebuys and 129fos so why not keep it the same. That comp worked perfect

    30r average buyin is going to be 150. if we allow 30r we should allow 163s. if we allow 163s we should allow the 50c. where do we draw the line? this comp wont have the 30r and itll still work perfectly.
     
    Raise
    Thread StarterAdd Goldenad to Rail
  27. im interested. i will not be playing the first sunday however
    Add jfiiue4 to Rail
  28. will probably be in, but as a disclaimer to w/e unfortunate team has me, i'll probably only be playing 3-4days/week and a couple sundays.
     
    Add kxywrx to Rail
  29. in and 250 sent on PS,from shumeilove
    Edited By: nickyluvshu Dec 16th, 2010 at 03:03 PM
    Add nickyluvshu to Rail
  30. I might be in, moving sometime in Jan and would hate to put a damper on my squads success
     1
    Add nugman to Rail