1. I just got pocket aces on 3 consecutive hands playing $30/$60 Limit on Stars.

Needless to say 2/3 of the table took off and the game broke 2 hands later.

i mean i have gone whole nights without picking up bullets, just wondering if this is a 1st.
    Add dbarns to Rail
  2. (4/52*3/51) ^ 3

(getting 1 ace, then another) ^ (3 hands in a row)

whatever that number equals
    Add NetFan44 to Rail
  3. happend to me the other day 5/10 NL at partypoker.

what are the odds of not getting action on all three hands?

Add gambler2k4 to Rail
  4. Depends upon how gay your table is.
    Add deadmoney_18 to Rail
  5. roughly 0.00000009265 or 0.000009265% or 1 in 10,793,308 sets of 3 hands.

Add jhill3535 to Rail
  6. 50/50. It either happens or it doesn't
    Add clizzark to Rail
  7. Fuck. Clizzark beat me to it LOL.
    Add Maits10 to Rail
  8. It happened to me once at the Mirage about ten years ago in a 6/12 limit game.
    Did someone post the odds? Wouldn't it be something like 220 cubed? Not sure how to figure that.
    Add P.Mason to Rail
  9. About a week ago I was 4 tabling stud and I got rolled up trips 5 times in 30 hands! no lie
    Add KJack9 to Rail
  10. Soon after I went on the worst losing streak of my career. lol
    Add KJack9 to Rail
  11. I got AA 3 times in a row in a 3$rebuy.......... from 3k chips ---> 24k in no time :P There was always at least 1 other player allin b4 it got to me... and they held 3 times in a row... maybe PokerStars was broken during that time, i dunno lol

Good times...
    Raise
    Add FouTight to Rail
  12. I had it 8 times last night over 3 hours of 3 tabling and they held every time too!
    Add mbardsen to Rail
  13. I've sat down in a 6-max NL cash game and my very first two hands were AA, and I took 2/3 a guys stack on the first one and the rest of his stack on the next one.

Add idareyouAA to Rail
  14. I'm going to disagree with this. If the question was... what is the probability of getting pocket AA on these particular hands (ie: the first three hands of a SnG or something where before the event happens you are indicating the three hands), then the math above is correct.

However, when you're looking at it over the course of a session or a lifetime even, then you really start counting the number of pocked AA in a row AFTER you have received your first AA. So the real probability becomes (1/221)^2.
    Raise
    Add An Actuary to Rail
  15. I know you are an actuary, but it really doesn't matter. He is correct and you are correct.

In 10mil sets of 3 hands you should get AA 3 times in a row at some point, and for that matter 22 3 times in a row, and it is the same odds to get AA followed by KK followed by 22.

Your way is correct in that after the first hand you ask what are the odds that my next two hands will be AA also.

Just like in most cases dealing with odds, it can be manipulated based off of what the real question is?

Raise
    Add jhill3535 to Rail