[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. obviussly shoving a poket pair preflop is not a donky move but how early in position is it when it is a donky move, i hate shoveing pre flop with 22, 33, 44, when there is a raise and a RR they could have two overs or a higher pocket pair than you, i love TT, JJ, QQ, KK, and AA but what if your in late position and evey folds and your to act with 3-4 people behind you. i would normaly limp or min raise here manly limp.

any opinions on any pocket pair pre flop?
    Add StaxxArmstronG to Rail
    Originally Posted by StaxxArmstronG View Post

obviussly shoving a poket pair preflop is not a donky move but how early in position is it when it is a donky move, i hate shoveing pre flop with 22, 33, 44, when there is a raise and a RR they could have two overs or a higher pocket pair than you, i love TT, JJ, QQ, KK, and AA but what if your in late position and evey folds and your to act with 3-4 people behind you. i would normaly limp or min raise here manly limp.

This is pretty vague of a scenario so it would be hard to give you any concrete advice..In a sort of more narrow response it would depend how many big blinds you have before I am open shoving..There are shove charts out there, I think actually in your other thread someone posted one, I didnt click on the link, But basically if I am 10 big blinds and below..In early position your range has to be tighter, the closer to the button your range widens which depending on how many M if you use that instead of big blinds..M is big blind + small blind plus ante your stack before the hand started is divided by that total number= how many M you have..I am shoving any pocket pair in late position, along with any ace, sometimes suited connectors..Small Blind vs big blind I am almost always shoving any 2..from 12-15 big blinds I open fold on a rare occasion but after that I am shove and fold mode only.. 15-20 big blinds I sometimes open shove but I think its a good stack to 3 bet shove with and I wouldnt polarize my range just to shove 10s+..
    Edited By: flipxpelon562 May 10th, 2012 at 09:19 AM
    Raise
    Add flipxpelon562 to Rail
  3. I would advise against limping anything, especially pairs, if you're the first to enter the pot in late position. Obviously everything is table dependent but limping with a big pair late is just asking for trouble. If there is a maniac that is raising every hand behind you then limp/raising might be the best play but I personally don't limp if I'm entering a pot.

Raise
    Add mdshack14 to Rail
  4. I heard Phil Hellmuth is an expert in this scenario.
    Add djdoodoo to Rail
    Originally Posted by flipxpelon562 View Post

This is pretty vague of a scenario so it would be hard to give you any concrete advice..In a sort of more narrow response it would depend how many big blinds you have before I am open shoving..There are shove charts out there, I think actually in your other thread someone posted one, I didnt click on the link, But basically if I am 10 big blinds and below..In early position your range has to be tighter, the closer to the button your range widens which depending on how many M if you use that instead of big blinds..M is big blind + small blind plus ante your stack before the hand started is divided by that total number= how many M you have..I am shoving any pocket pair in late position, along with any ace, sometimes suited connectors..Small Blind vs big blind I am almost always shoving any 2..from 12-15 big blinds I open fold on a rare occasion but after that I am shove and fold mode only.. 15-20 big blinds I sometimes open shove but I think its a good stack to 3 bet shove with and I wouldnt polarize my range just to shove 10s+..

I started typing a response, but then read through this. +1
    Add jonnymess to Rail
  6. 22 shoving over a re-raise isn't the right move. Pairs are good, but not that good.
    Add bazingaking to Rail
    Originally Posted by djdoodoo View Post

I heard Phil Hellmuth is an expert in this scenario.

I heard this as well

Flip also gives some good advice
    Edited By: StaxxArmstronG May 10th, 2012 at 07:24 PM
    Thread StarterAdd StaxxArmstronG to Rail
    Originally Posted by StaxxArmstronG View Post

obviussly shoving a poket pair preflop is not a donky move but how early in position is it when it is a donky move, i hate shoveing pre flop with 22, 33, 44, when there is a raise and a RR they could have two overs or a higher pocket pair than you, i love TT, JJ, QQ, KK, and AA but what if your in late position and evey folds and your to act with 3-4 people behind you. i would normaly limp or min raise here manly limp.

yeah... i hate getting it in with 18 percent equity myself...
    Add Icurazedmybb to Rail
  9. Well said there staxx i with u on the low poket to a RR ,but on the other hand i like what mdshack14 said
    depends on if u got a player RR all limps.
    Add mikecash813 to Rail
  10. i would like to know if it is +ev to shove any pair, in any position, at any time, regardless of any dynamics

Add norv to Rail