[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. Hi people,

Can anyone suggest which sites are best for tutoring and some good coach's, also any info on yourself if you used these site's what you found helpful etc etc. Looking for MTT Coaching nothing else. All details would be greatly appreciated.

I was coached by someone fot 6 months but because of his and my work commitments we had to stop and my game improved rapidly great coach btw. But i am now back and ready to get studying hard again and get more knowledge into my little brain! and take some serious steps forward in my game

Thank you

Lee Mcshane
    Raise
    Add badboyplayer to Rail
  2. Add fly44 to Rail
  3. Hi all I was just wondering if any1 has been to a deep stacks live poker course? If so could any1 shed some light on if it's worth it or not. It says it's a advanced course but who knows what there definition of advanced is. I don't want to waste money if the stuff they talk about I already know. Txs all the help GL GL

Raise
    Add zod300 to Rail
  4. Who would be a good player to turn to in terms of live mtt's for coaching. Thanks for any information provided!
    Add jhomi6493 to Rail
  5. So history first, I was a training site member for about a year, and while it showed you some tactics for hands in tournaments, I didn't find it specific enough for certain things.

I want to invest in my poker education again, so for people that have done or tied a few different training methods... coaching or a HUD program with leak buster aid, which have you used and what do you like don't like.

This is my OPR stats

Game * Prizes Profit ROI ABI AFS R/A ITM ITM
    Hold'em NL $45,982 $10,050 28% $11 2374 25% 524/3412 15%
    Hold'em L/PL $238 <$0 -20% $9.34 393 6% 4/32 13%
    Omaha $61 <$0 -65% $10 667 41% 1/17 6%
    Omaha Hi Lo $1,233 $368 42% $7.15 431 5% 20/121 17%
    Other $704 <$0 -29% $8.65 263 2% 19/114 17%
    $48,218 $9,959 26% $10 2220 24% 568/3696 15%

Any and all advice appreciated

Edit note-- I went through the effort to tab everything out and data reverted back to this mess :-/
    Edited By: 1eyed_Ace Nov 13th, 2011 at 08:54 PM
    Raise
    Add 1eyed_Ace to Rail
  6. Ok I'd say first off get Hold'em Manager if you haven't already and have a real look at the programme to see how it works. It's very helpful. Apologoies if you already have it, you're post is just a little unclear. As far as coaching goes, for mtt I can not say, I'm sure pocket fives have only the very best to say about their own training of course however. For cash games, the most important tool I had was a book I stumbled across. Also getting people's opinions about certain hands is about at the top of the list after going over your hands yourself and questioning what you should have done.
    Raise
    Add djdoodoo to Rail
  7. By HUD program, I meant programs like Holdem Manager, Poker Office... etc.

For Mtt I'm thinking a manager/HUD program would be better, specifically one that could show me leaks that I don't see. I went on a rant the other day about Badbeats and realized at the end of the day I gotta figure out ways to improve on my own. Hence this post.

I could be wrong though, maybe a coach is what I need, things like Bankroll management I got a handle on, consistency on getting deep in tournaments, spots where I may be missing value, that's where i need help I think.
    Raise
    Add 1eyed_Ace to Rail
  8. I don't think anything beats 1 on 1 coaching if you find the right coach for you.
    Add BreakEvenFish to Rail
  9. i mean, coaching vs a leakbuster program are not even really close when it comes to what you can learn about your game...coaching will clearly get you a larger return on information and whatnot...however with that being said, coaching is more expensive, so that's up to you whether or not you want to invest $50 in a program, or a few hundred in coaching.

my advice to you...go ahead and spend the small amount of money on holdem-manager and the leakbuster program...it will help you in the long run to find out a lot about your game, anad also help you with reads at the table...however, also go out and try 1 lesson with a good coach. i think you'll quickly realize that there is a reason one is a lot more expensive than the other, and you will want to take more lessons, and down the road when yous ave more money, you should do that
    Raise

Gags30 is an instructor at PocketFives Training . To get more of his advice and to watch his training videos, click here.

Add Gags30 to Rail
  10. Just remember if you invest in leakbuster that it only works for cash games.

Add adog26 to Rail
  11. Not sure what forum to post this in. I took a lesson from Jennifear a long time ago and was looking to take another one focusing specifically on 4.50 180 mans. Her site says she is no longer coaching so I was inquiring here for materials on the 4.50 180's or who does this specific coaching?

Thank you
    Raise
    Add 9911177 to Rail
  12. +1 to gags30- get em both and as 4 good coach try him he s just awesome rly
    took a bunch of hours already and i m hooked and eager 4 the next ones
    Add luckierno7 to Rail
  13. it's not even close...coaching by far. you should get a HUD anyway cuz they're helpful but if you actually want to improve your game a lot, coaching is by far more valuable

+1 on gags, great value for your $
    Raise
    Add FenwayKing to Rail
  14. Just want to add that you can use icmpoker and mess around with different spots to see where shoving is profitable and where it is not and things like that. Icm is really helpful for tourneys and you can put in peoples calling ranges and stack sizes and stuff and see where it is profitable to shove and where it's not and things like that.
    Raise
    Add Frank Hough to Rail
  15. what about for a STRICLTY LIVE COACH are there any options for this on this site? ive been on 2+2 and seen some people that do it but im more involved in this community even tho i onyl have 200ish posts and think it can help my game as i plan to move up to 5/10 from 2/5 fairly soon
    Raise
    Add dannydunks to Rail
  16. How many hours would you at least recommend if you are looking for a coach to make good progress ?

I am a low and low-midstakes winning player and want to make the next step. I have been using HoldemManager for about 2 years, have been kind of successful in low/midstakes MTTs and think I have a good basic understanding of hand ranges,stack sizes, odds, etc.
    In my opinion I need to improve my mid-tournament/mid-late tournament play and learn how to successfully chip up, since I blind down to 15-25 bb a lot and just play my ABC-fold/shove game from there on until I get a huge stack or go out.
    Im sure I have a lot leaks that Im not aware of yet and that probably won't be that bad in low-stakes MTTs but would get abused in the higher buy ins.

So, which coaches could you recommend ? What is the minimum amount of hours I should take ?
    Thought about Gags, because a friend of mine (and Pius ofc) have improved their game taking lessons from him :)
    Edited By: Doim Nov 17th, 2011 at 12:46 AM
    Raise
    Add Doim to Rail
  17. I can't really tell what kind of profit you actually have but if you're winning some already and feel you have a good grip on the fundamentals then invest in a few sessions of coaching and see how it goes but choose your coach very wisely, there are plenty of people offering coaching who are shady or not very good themselves so check them out very well.
    Edited By: DiamondDixie Nov 17th, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Raise
    Add DiamondDixie to Rail
  18. I'm looking for advice on higher limit pokerstars MTT's videos that are really worth watching without having to watch some donk mumble through a boring video.

Raise
    Add jofay to Rail
  19. Ok To further my conversation now, I have been using the trial of PT3 and so far I like it. I get how the numbers translate into hand ranges, so it will be a definite buy for me for me at the end of trial.

Next question, @ Gags cuz hes the only responder at this point, is coaching a flat rate no matter what you are doing? Example-- would reviewing HH be same rate as 1 on 1 coaching, ghosting etc. what if I wanted some text to read as to the best ways to use tracking software?

What if I wanted a session like- 1/ you review HH of my game, say a random tourney 2/ then have have a review of tourney explaining holes or leaks, ways to get value I may be missing?
    Can I set up a specific session like above? Or do we follow a set course that is already laid out?

Thanks
    Raise
    Add 1eyed_Ace to Rail
  20. Fwiw, BlueFirePoker just added an MTT team wish a few Pocket5s regs, FouTight and Andressoprano, as well as a few other players Vekked and Aaronbeen. Seems they have doubled in size post Black Friday.
    Add BookieG to Rail
    Originally Posted by 1eyed_Ace View Post

Ok To further my conversation now, I have been using the trial of PT3 and so far I like it. I get how the numbers translate into hand ranges, so it will be a definite buy for me for me at the end of trial.

Next question, @ Gags cuz hes the only responder at this point, is coaching a flat rate no matter what you are doing? Example-- would reviewing HH be same rate as 1 on 1 coaching, ghosting etc. what if I wanted some text to read as to the best ways to use tracking software?

What if I wanted a session like- 1/ you review HH of my game, say a random tourney 2/ then have have a review of tourney explaining holes or leaks, ways to get value I may be missing?
    Can I set up a specific session like above? Or do we follow a set course that is already laid out?

Thanks

Ok, well, I can't speak for other coaches, so anything that I say here is directly related to my knowledge and own experiences about coaching.

To answer your question, almost all of the lessons that I do are 1 on 1 lessons. In these lessons, we can do many different things. The most common is a review of the student's hand history from a tournament you've played. This helps to identify and plug leaks in their game. When getting into more advanced concepts such as chip accumulation deep in tourneys, 3 and 4 betting, and other advanced lines...many students find it helpful to watch hand histories that I have played, as I have many examples of these in my play. If you have a specific topic you want to cover, I can structure a lesson to focus on this topic. This is not that common, as many students will say things like 'i want to learn to 3bet light' and instead of just making an entire lesson on 3betting, which is def good and all, but if you have other leaks then learning to 3bet light won't help you that much (if at all)....i will simply incorporate 3betting into a regular hand history review and point out spots to 3bet as I also discuss other things. This generally will give you more for your time and money.

I do have a basic lesson plan that I follow with all of my students. Depending on the students' level of skill, I start at different points in this plan...but basically, you need solid fundamentals before you move onto advanced topics and things like that. I completely break down a student's game and don't just say things like 'oh you're doing X wrong, you need to be doing Y'...i get inside a student's head and figure out WHY they're doing something. I then break down exactly why doing X is bad...and why doing Y is better, and help them to understand the logic behind such plays. This helps a student not only know what to do in a situation, but help them in the future to figure out what to do in different situations, so they can think about these things for themselves.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hand history review" vs "1 on 1 coaching"...like i said earlier, most lessons are 1 on 1. With that being said...I have done group lessons in the past with 2-5 students. Many coaches charge a discounted rate to each student to do these lessons since it's not as personal as the normal lessons.

I know you also mentioned ghosting. In my experience, ghosting is not a very effective form of coaching. Students often times will be more focused on the result of the tournament/hand rather than actually listening to and learning the strategies I am discussing. Also, ghosting is against most poker sites' terms of service, and therefore not something that I do, nor would expect any good coach to do.

Hope that answers all of your questions!

Originally Posted by jofay View Post

I'm looking for advice on higher limit pokerstars MTT's videos that are really worth watching without having to watch some donk mumble through a boring video.

right here at P5's Training we have several high stakes mtt videos (my own included). I do my best to not be as boring, and try to always fill the video with something constructive rather than random stories or anything like that.

So check out some vids!

btw, if you do find my videos boring, or feel that i mumble a lot, please let me know, you can comment on every video...and i do read them all
    Edited By: Gags30 Nov 24th, 2011 at 03:31 PM
    Raise
    Add Gags30 to Rail
  22. Can you send me a link to your personal favorites? I'm done working this week and have paid for the P5's training site already, plus I plan on hitting pokerstars hard in December. Cheers.

Raise
    Add jofay to Rail
  23. anybody recommend any of the mtt coachs on this mainly one of the $50 per hour ones.any help would be appreciated

Add shanno66 to Rail
  24. How much do these seminars cost? Anyone have any feedback from them?

Originally Posted by kbizl View Post

How much do these seminars cost? Anyone have any feedback from them?

for Deepstacks Seminar at Seneca Niagara

Add kbizl to Rail
  25. Hi,

My brother wants to play NLH 6max cash games more frequently so I'd like the P5 community to give their opinion on which Poker Training website is best for this game. He will be initially tackling low limits 50-100nl with the view to move upto 200nl within a few months.

Presently I'm thinking Bluefire may be the best option but please feel free to give a cash game biff some direction.

Thanks
    Raise
    Add Scarer to Rail
    Originally Posted by shanno66 View Post

anybody recommend any of the mtt coachs on this mainly one of the $50 per hour ones.any help would be appreciated

I had shanetrain22 for some lessons. Great to work with.

Add McBain74 to Rail
  27. Thoughts on which provides the best mtt training please.

+ unbiased opinions on pocket5's training.

Thanks in advance.

Add bubs26 to Rail
  28. I like Cardrunners but would not be opposed to P5's. Cardrunners is the only one I've tried tho
    Add Bigredscot to Rail
  29. was playing with him yesterday and asked " when u going to start coaching price?" he replied i do coach, i have searched alot and cant find anything on him coaching, only people abusing him lol, im sure hes not bothered as he crushes mtts! can someone point me in the right direction or has anyone had any coaching from him, i was doing some reviews with the_dean22 but hes been absent as of late, any advice welcomed, thanks in advance

sqydro

Raise
    Add squire1888 to Rail
  30. this thread could be funny
    Add random.chu to Rail