Welcome to the Poker Discussion Forum, the place to talk about poker strategy. In addition to actual hand play, PD will also host discussion of strategies to get better at poker including: poker software, poker training, poker coaching and so on.Edited By: wackyJaxon Apr 8th, 2011 at 04:33 PM
Please make sure you read the general rules of the board linked here: Forum Rules. Please also keep the following general guidelines in mind:
1) If commenting on a thread, do NOT belittle the OP or other posters. Only post in a constructive manner. You can explain why something was wrong without being combative or taking it to a personal level. Likewise, it is important for all posters to feel free to give honest opinion and feedback about a posted hand. We are all here to learn and improve as players, and sometimes that means having to hear you made mistakes. If someone disagrees with your opinion or your play, do not take it personally.
2) ONLY post Poker strategy, hands, and similar type of threads in this forum. Bad beats & variance related topics will be moved to the Bad Beats Forum. If discussing something about a site's capabilities, problems with a site's support, or anything site related, please post in the Poker Sites Forum. Anything not to do with poker strategy or poker sites, but still is about poker should be posted in the Poker Community Forum. Anything not to do with poker at all should be posted in the Off Topic Forum.
3) When commenting on a thread, 1-word or 1-line responses without any rationale will be deleted. A one-word answer, like “Call,” “Shove,” or “Fold” doesn’t help anyone learn if they don’t understand WHY you have that opinion. By writing out a well-reasoned response, not only will you be helping others, you will also be reinforcing your own good habits and strategic thinking.
4) When making your thread title, try to summarize the idea of your thread. This is very basic, yet many people don't do it. Don't post "Need help with something" or "Very Important Question" or “Did I Play This Right?” as your thread title. A little detail, such as “Post-flop two pair late in $3r” will go a long way in getting answers from the right people.
5) Bringing attention to a player's profit-based statistics from another site or program in any way that could be construed as making fun of or ridiculing that person is prohibited.
6) Any links to poker sites that can be construed as spam, will be instantly deleted, and you will most likely be permanently banned from P5s. The same is the case for any type of spam posted.
7) Pics or videos that are not directly related to the thread discussion in a given thread will be deleted.
8) Asking to be PM'ed, posting your Skype/AIM/Yahoo!/et al. information, twitter info, email address, or anything similar will be deleted.
9) Linking to an article or discussion on another site is allowed. However , posting the entire text of any article is NOT allowed. DMCA Notice
10) Trolling or posting off-topic replies in this forum is strictly prohibited.
11) Discussions about particular coaches are only allowed in the Poker Coaching and Training Feeback Thread. Anything deemed to be self-promotion whether in this thread or elsewhere on the site will be considered spam and dealt with accordingly.
12) If you have any issues with moderation in this forum or with particular posts, please use the Report Post function. Although wackyJaxon is the head moderator of this forum, this is the best way to report these types of issues. You can PM wackyJaxon on why your post was deleted if you were not given a reason, however, please do NOT PM me or any other moderator on existing posts and do not complain or discuss moderation issues publicly on the forum. Use the Report Post link!
Last Post: Mar 27th, 2011, 08:13 PM0 Replies