[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. Ok being realistic i can get Supernova this year but Elite is totally out of the question.

Does anyone know if u had to put a price on Supernova -how much is it actually worth.

The reason i am asking- IS there ever a chance PokerStars would throw in a Free Live Entry for a Supernova players or at least discounts to (lets say ) The Tourney in Bahamas?

Half price for x amount of points would be sick!

I think that would give more motivation to pursue it..I dont see a much greater chance from Platinum to Supernova.

What do you guys think?

Add LucaLuca to Rail
  2. thanks for help guys

Thread StarterAdd LucaLuca to Rail
  3. well you get 3.5x points

if you play SNGs you get 1 point for every $0.20

so if you play then $16's for example to get your 100,000 points needed for SN you would need to play 20,000 tournaments...

Obviously you won't realize the benefits from it in the year you earn it...

but in the NEXT YEAR you will earn your 3.5

so to maintain your SN you would earn 350,000 FPP...

With this you can get

$4,000 Bonus (250,000 FPP)

$1,000 Onecall.com card (62,500)

$285 Bonus (25,000 FPP)

$100 (2 $50 bonuses 10,000 FPP)

$5,385 with 2,500 FPP remaining

So your 350,000 is worth about $5,385... now obviously you arent likely to just cash it all out at the end like this.... you will keep points and go on to the following year cashing out either the $4k bonus or the Onecall.com card because they are the best deals...

so there you go...pure monetary value... but you get other "intangible" benefits as well...
    Raise
    Add WiserPenny to Rail
  4. no problem

Add D41M41B to Rail
  5. Oh... and FYI if you maintain platinum all year long you would be just short of SN anyway ...
    Add WiserPenny to Rail
  6. Their is big time benefits for getting past Supernova even if you dont make elite.

You get Free cash rewards at certain milestones.

200k vpps- $2,000

300k vpps- $3,000

400k vpps- $4,000

500k vpps- $5,000

600k vpps- $6,000

800k vpps- $8,000

So if you hit all those and fell short of elite thats still nearly 30k in free cash.
    Raise
    Add JHaas07 to Rail
  7. ^^^^ those have NOTHING to do with supernova though... those are just your VPP balance for the life of your account

now you will eventually get to them but they arne't really benefits of SN
    Add WiserPenny to Rail
    Originally Posted by WiserPenny View Post

^^^^ those have NOTHING to do with supernova though... those are just your VPP balance for the life of your account

You know NOTHING about the VIP program. Those bonuses are for a yearly basis, not the life of your account. Get your facts straight before you try to act like you know what you are talking about.

Raise
    Add JWeb777 to Rail
    Originally Posted by JWeb777 View Post

^^^^ those have NOTHING to do with supernova though... those are just your VPP balance for the life of your account

You know NOTHING about the VIP program. Those bonuses are for a yearly basis, not the life of your account. Get your facts straight before you try to act like you know what you are talking about.

ok buddy so i emailed stars this EXACT question
    i asked them if it was based off of yearly VPP totals or life time of the account..
    they responded with the following answer

Hello Philip,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that these VPP milestones will be awarded according to the VPP
    you earn in the lifetime of your account. These milestones are not reset
    every year; for the moment I see you have accumulated XXXXXX FPP.

If you have any further questions, please let us know, and thank you for
    making PokerStars your choice for online poker.

Regards,

Silvia F.
    PokerStars Support Team

so either YOU are wrong or THEY are...

have you received milestone bonuses resetting every year?
    Raise
    Add WiserPenny to Rail
  10. errrr...I thought they were yearly totals as well... this would be great if it is lifetime
    Add ace1won to Rail
  11. they are yearly

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/supernova/elite/

scroll to teh bottom where it says "On January 1st, you will have 0 yearly VPPs and cannot earn a milestone cash credit until you reach 200,000 VPPs in the new year."

the email from stars is likely faked
    Raise
    Add spankybabes to Rail
  12. Not sure if that email is fake or if that customer support person is retarded, but those are yearly bonuses, not lifetime of your account bonuses... If that were the case, I would have been screwed out of a few of them now...
    Raise
    Add Sokpuppet7 to Rail
  13. I think they may have been changed to lifetime instead of yearly this year. when they changed to make it easier to achieve some of the ranks.

just a guess though...
    Add Rialaigh to Rail
    Originally Posted by spankybabes View Post

they are yearly

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/supernova/elite/

scroll to teh bottom where it says "On January 1st, you will have 0 yearly VPPs and cannot earn a milestone cash credit until you reach 200,000 VPPs in the new year."

the email from stars is likely faked

explain to me what f'n incentive i would have to fake the email dbag?...

the email is legit... it was however from february... so if they changed this during the march update that would explain it

BUT IN FEBRUARY it was based off the lifetime of the account according to the rep
    Raise
    Add WiserPenny to Rail
  15. Where do u see how many lifetime vpps u have earned if this is the case?
    Add acecatcher26 to Rail
  16. supernove elite is definately priceless, cuz u can never get back the valuable time u wasted on it back
    Add scarface_79 to Rail
  17. PokerStars has introduced special milestone levels for our largest Supernovas and Supernova Elites. When players hit each of the following VPP Milestones they will be eligible to purchase for 50,000 FPPs a cash credit:
    • <LI>$2,000 at 200,000 VPP</LI> <LI>$3,000 at 300,000 VPP</LI> <LI>$4,000 at 400,000 VPP</LI> <LI>$5,000 at 500,000 VPP</LI> <LI>$6,000 at 600,000 VPP</LI> <LI>$8,000 at 800,000 VPP</LI> <LI>$10,000 at 1.25M, 1.5M and 1.75M VPP</LI> <LI>$20,000 at 2.0M VPP</LI>
    Players may only purchase one Milestone for each level attained. Milestone Cash Credits are for VPPs earn in 2009. Please email <A href?mailto:VIPClub@PokerStars.com?>VIPClub@PokerStars.com</A> with any questions.
    Raise
    Add acecatcher26 to Rail
    Originally Posted by scarface_79 View Post

supernove elite is definately priceless, cuz u can never get back the valuable time u wasted on it back

At the end of december I thought about going for nova elite

for about 2 seconds
    Raise
    Add threeven to Rail
  19. ROFL!!!!! the VPP milestones are 100% based on your yearly totals
    Add ImSoMucked to Rail

i asked them if it was based off of yearly VPP totals or life time of the account..

Hello Philip,

Regards,

Silvia F.
    PokerStars Support Team

I had 250k VPPs last year and received a 2k milestone bonus, and 85k this year, for a total of 335kVPPs with no 3k bonus available to me to be purchased.

Raise
    Add JWeb777 to Rail
  21. The VPP totals are obv yearly.

Supernova is 28% rakeback if you only play tournaments.
    Add catfan17 to Rail
  22. but for each milesotne we have to pay 50k in points...is that correct?
    i would not want to use my points as i intend to go on one of the LPT or others
    how do u guys see it?

is it true that supernovas might get discounts to live tourneys (i know elite is free)

Raise
  23. I heard that supernovas get to name one of the community cards while supernova elites get dealt 3 cards and get to pick which 2 they would like.
    Add fly44 to Rail
    Originally Posted by fly44 View Post

I heard that supernovas get to name one of the community cards while supernova elites get dealt 3 cards and get to pick which 2 they would like.

Thats old news.. but it was only a 1 week promo. I wish i didn't have to go to juvenile that month. would of PAWNED!

Raise
    Originally Posted by LucaLuca View Post

but for each milesotne we have to pay 50k in points...is that correct?
    i would not want to use my points as i intend to go on one of the LPT or others
    how do u guys see it?

is it true that supernovas might get discounts to live tourneys (i know elite is free)

what? thats only a weeks play at the 27's for a supernova to get 50k points
    so a weeks play to hit a bonus vs trying to cash in a live mtt?
    Raise
    Add leoslayer to Rail
  26. Add Sokpuppet7 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Sokpuppet7 View Post

Seriously, what the fuck reason did you have to call me a douchebag. You're idiotic posts were clearly wrong, so I presented the only 2 possible explanations, WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEGATIVE SAID ABOUT YOU. Now if you want to run your mouth and act like you know something, make sure your information is correct next time.

i dont think he was talking to you =/

Raise
    Add POKER_PANDA to Rail

it is evident to me now that whoever the F this stars rep was didn't know what they were talking about

I asked them the question because i don't believe it used to say &quot;your VPP will reset for milestones at the beginning of every year&quot; before...
    I know it says it NOW in the small print at the bottom... but this is why i emailed stars... ic ouldn't find anything and then i got that email they gave me my lifetime VPPs on my account and told me it was lifetime.... so sorry but i was just going by what stars say.... maybe they need to train their people lol

Hello Philip,

Regards,

Silvia F.
    PokerStars Support Team

I had 250k VPPs last year and received a 2k milestone bonus, and 85k this year, for a total of 335kVPPs with no 3k bonus available to me to be purchased.

Raise
    Add WiserPenny to Rail