1. $50sng on Stars. 7 players still in. Relatively loose table, but nothing out of the ordinary for a $50sng.

Blinds are 25/50 and will go to 50/100 in about 5 min.

Seat 1: PREDATOR50 (1425 in chips)
    Seat 3: STUDIO G A (1960 in chips)
    Seat 4: nofoldem (1850 in chips)
    Seat 6: rhohman4949 (1050 in chips)
    Seat 7: 3030 (1635 in chips)
    Seat 8: DoubleKK (4070 in chips)
    Seat 9: DP388 (1510 in chips)
    DoubleKK: posts small blind 25
    DP388: posts big blind 50
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to DP388 [Qh Qd]
    PREDATOR50: calls 50
    STUDIO G A: calls 50
    nofoldem: folds
    rhohman4949: calls 50
    3030: calls 50
    DoubleKK: calls 25

DP388???? (obviously raising, but what is the optimal amount based on my position, number of limpers, blind level, my stack size, etc.?)
    Add DP388 to Rail
  2. I normally have a bit of a difficult time deciding how much to raise out of position with so many limpers like this too. If they all call the raise and a K or A hits you probably just had your queens outflopped by a weak suited ace...maybe even AJ or AQ since no one raises with those hands anymore or so it seems. Personally, I'd probably bump it somewhere between 350 and 500. You obviously understand that you need to isolate as much as possible.

An all in here is risky, but chances are you'd just take down the small pot there by risking everything. If someone decided to get tricky with KK or AA there, so much for that. So basically I'd rule out an all in. Someone on here said something about raising 1x the blind more for each limper I believe...I don't remember where I read that from exactly, but it seems like a pretty good idea...a little something to go by.

Of course you still have to look and think...have any of those players limped and then played for a big raise previously? So the size of your raise can also depend on your opponents. I'll bet atleast a couple of them are just trying to catch a cheap flop with low to middle suited connectors, weak suited ace, etc...it's not likely that any of them are too strong. I'm sure the opinions vary here, but I'm sticking with 350 to 500 preflop.
    Raise
    Add MetalGod to Rail
  3. Raise it to 500 or 750, Usally you wana raise 4x the BB here but since your are faces with these limpers you need to knock it up. You dont want to raise it 200 or 300 because you might get more than one caller. YOu want to isolate it to just you and one person and you need the flop to not show an A or a K.
    Raise
    Add Ariganello to Rail
  4. I'd raise to 400 at most so as to give my opponents about 2-1 on their call . Any player with a small pocket pair would be making an error if he calls this bet . In fact any player with a worse hand is making an error if they call this bet with the exception of ace king .

Any bet between 350 and 400 is fine by me .
    Raise
    Add jay_shark to Rail
  5. Yep. 4x BB + what's in the pot already.
    Add OMG_LOL_WTF to Rail
  6. one question: suppose you do give this nice juicy raise and after a few fold, someone all ins! what then? Personally, I would be STRONGLY inclined to call. If this is the olde limp with aa / kk play then power to them. I could easily imagine someone playing ak this way and MANY PP this way as well, espec if it is early and the player is a Very aggressive maniac and or donk.

but I do play much smaller stakes then 50$ sng, so maybe I am tottally wrong... for this level.

--tc
    Raise
    Add timzc1 to Rail
  7. If the first limper pushes I have to think real hard. If I get a few folds and then an all-in I prolly call. Who lets 3 people limp and then calls with KK, AA hoping for another raise behind? It's friggin suicide playing a big pocket pair against 5 people.
    Raise
    Add OMG_LOL_WTF to Rail