[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. PokerStars Game #33689717278: Tournament #200030871, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVI (1500/3000) - 2009/10/05 23:46:41 ET
    Table '200030871 60' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: BCSmut33 (183456 in chips)
    Seat 2: Amélie (88664 in chips)
    Seat 4: lohausj (131594 in chips)
    Seat 5: CUBBIES23 (49050 in chips)
    Seat 6: knecht_poker (88525 in chips)
    Seat 7: BBerryYumYum (161963 in chips)
    Seat 8: deluxe1904 (88941 in chips)
    Seat 9: dukdukgoose (23180 in chips)
    BCSmut33: posts the ante 300
    Amélie: posts the ante 300
    lohausj: posts the ante 300
    CUBBIES23: posts the ante 300
    knecht_poker: posts the ante 300
    BBerryYumYum: posts the ante 300
    deluxe1904: posts the ante 300
    dukdukgoose: posts the ante 300
    CUBBIES23: posts small blind 1500
    knecht_poker: posts big blind 3000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to BBerryYumYum [Ks Kc]
    BBerryYumYum: calls 3000
    deluxe1904: calls 3000
    dukdukgoose: raises 19880 to 22880 and is all-in
    BCSmut33: raises 19880 to 42760
    Amélie: folds
    lohausj: folds
    CUBBIES23: folds
    knecht_poker: folds
    BBerryYumYum: raises 118903 to 161663 and is all-in
    deluxe1904: folds
    BCSmut33: calls 118903
    *** FLOP *** [8d 4s Qs]
    *** TURN *** [8d 4s Qs] [5h]
    *** RIVER *** [8d 4s Qs 5h] [2s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    BBerryYumYum: shows [Ks Kc] (a pair of Kings)
    BCSmut33: shows [Ah Ac] (a pair of Aces)
    BBerryYumYum said, "nh sir"
    CUBBIES23 said, "gg berry"
    BCSmut33 collected 277566 from side pot
    dukdukgoose: shows [8h 8s] (three of a kind, Eights)
    dukdukgoose collected 78540 from main pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 356106 Main pot 78540. Side pot 277566. | Rake 0
    Board [8d 4s Qs 5h 2s]
    Seat 1: BCSmut33 showed [Ah Ac] and won (277566) with a pair of Aces
    Seat 2: Amélie folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: lohausj (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: CUBBIES23 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 6: knecht_poker (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 7: BBerryYumYum showed [Ks Kc] and lost with a pair of Kings
    Seat 8: deluxe1904 folded before Flop
    Seat 9: dukdukgoose showed [8h 8s] and won (78540) with three of a kind, Eights

With 3k only invested I really thought about a fold... Is there any way to get off of this hand here? BCSmut33 had been a solid player the whole time at the table... Feel really sick about this hand because I really really felt like it was AA but I still pushed in... Can I really get off the hand the way I played it?
  2. i think enough of these posts have been made haha, never fold KK pre unless some kind of structural element like a sattelite bubble is present.
  3. No!! Why did u limp? Nothing wrong with this hand. Next tourney please. GL

4. There is a line under the posts that says "report abuse". I would use that next time.

Originally Posted by rainmanrcp View Post

i think enough of these posts have been made haha, never fold KK pre unless some kind of structural element like a sattelite bubble is present.

some of the worst advice I have ever read on here...
    Raise
    Originally Posted by watson5j View Post

some of the worst advice I have ever read on here...

Obv a level idiot, snap fold here.
  7. Man these posts tilt me. GG UL fire up another one. If you start folding KK here you need to reevaluate why you are playing poker.

8. I hate utg limp...with your stack at this level play could be made so much simpler by playing hand straightforward and playing small pot poker. limping invites players behind you into multiway pot and can put you at difficult choice later in hand on a draw heavy board. sometimes limping monsters utg is okay given the stack sizes and table, but meh dont like it. either way here im never folding KK though just ul
    Raise
  9. it's def pretty spewey getting in KK with 50+ bets.. i mean, you didn't have the AA so obv he did. GO WITH YOUR GET and muck it like it's 92

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Raise
  10. i dont hate the limp if the tables been active. obv shove tho

Originally Posted by rainmanrcp View Post

i think enough of these posts have been made haha, never fold KK pre unless some kind of structural element like a sattelite bubble is present.

I would normally have no problem with this advice but I really dont see villain calling my push unless he has it-he had been very nitty at the table-in fact the only player at the table that I would of given credit to having AA in this spot is villain. Also I normally dont limp KK but this table had been active and many smaller stacks were shoving in to no aggression with 55-1010 and AJ AQ range hands. Am I just being results oriented? Its hands like these that im having trouble with here lately because I am almost certain given player has it but I still push in almost hoping he doesnt...

EDIT: This is for big stack in the tourney... Chip leader was sitting at around 225k at this point...
    Raise
  12. Glad I saw this thread.....I'm making a new thread as soon as I can find the HH from the 50/50 FT couple weeks ago.....
  13. Hey BB

Your Just getting stuck in some really tough spots. I really don't know what I would do in your case I think it would go totally on feel and since you have said he was playing really solid poker I think I may have thought about folding it up. However you did do the best you were going to get out of this pot. Limping in early position is not a bad play it is a good way to set a trap on an over active table that you know is going to be raising it. The scary thing about this hand is that there was nothing on the flop other than trip Qs if you can put him on that otherwise you may be stacking off on the flop. Hopefully you can get your feet back under you and start running better.

GL BB
    Raise
  14. BCSmut sighting itt! blumpkins for everyone!
    Originally Posted by RazorFish00 View Post

Hey BB

Your Just getting stuck in some really tough spots. I really don't know what I would do in your case I think it would go totally on feel and since you have said he was playing really solid poker I think I may have thought about folding it up. However you did do the best you were going to get out of this pot. Limping in early position is not a bad play it is a good way to set a trap on an over active table that you know is going to be raising it. The scary thing about this hand is that there was nothing on the flop other than trip Qs if you can put him on that otherwise you may be stacking off on the flop. Hopefully you can get your feet back under you and start running better.

GL BB

Are you saying to just flat BCs raise preflop?
    Raise
  16. Isn't this the whole purpose of limping in the first place?
    You get a shortstack push (wide range) and another big stack isolating that push with a range wider than KK+ (obviously). Just unlucky that he happened to have AA.

Raise
  17. No I never said that I just am saying that what you did preflop was going to happen on the flop unless you could convince yourself that you were beaten by Qs or As. I don't think I could flat call but the &quot;limp in&quot; at an over active table was not a bad move. I am just saying that if you had flat called it probably had the same outcome.

IMO you only had two choices push in like you did or fold it up because it is tough to be calling over 30% of your stack then folding on the flop, but that being said I may consider how much was commited you only had 3000 in which is not much compared to you stack, and from the way it was played I would have to think a bit because BC has commited about 30% of his stack which is about the same as yours so you have to start thinking he is commited and put him into one of two catagories he is either makeing a move to hope to suck out and pick up the like 30000 in the pot or he has a huge hand. I think that is the way to look at it. I think I may start to hedge to a big hand since he was playing very solid poker as you stated.

Maybe I am wrong in my thought processing for this hand and maybe I am getting over analytic, but I hope this helps.
    Raise
    Originally Posted by RazorFish00 View Post

No I never said that I just am saying that what you did preflop was going to happen on the flop unless you could convince yourself that you were beaten by Qs or As. I don't think I could flat call but the &quot;limp in&quot; at an over active table was not a bad move. I am just saying that if you had flat called it probably had the same outcome.

IMO you only had two choices push in like you did or fold it up because it is tough to be calling over 30% of your stack then folding on the flop, but that being said I may consider how much was commited you only had 3000 in which is not much compared to you stack, and from the way it was played I would have to think a bit because BC has commited about 30% of his stack which is about the same as yours so you have to start thinking he is commited and put him into one of two catagories he is either makeing a move to hope to suck out and pick up the like 30000 in the pot or he has a huge hand. I think that is the way to look at it. I think I may start to hedge to a big hand since he was playing very solid poker as you stated.

Maybe I am wrong in my thought processing for this hand and maybe I am getting over analytic, but I hope this helps.

I see what your saying... The thing is I knew BCS had a hand-he wasnt doing this with anything less than QQ AK imo here... But thats the problem-the only hand I see him calling down with in this spot is if he had the other 2 kings... My overshove really in the long run is a pretty spewy play against opponent because like I mentioned before he had been very nitty at the table and wouldnt call off his stack here with QQ im convinced... So what does that narrow his range down to? AA and AK and I doubt he would be just min raising it with AK but maybe im over analyzing the heck out of this hand and should just chalk it up to a cooler... bah!
    Raise
    Originally Posted by BBerryYumYum View Post

just chalk it up to a cooler...

20. Wow .. the Guy is lucky a King Did not Fall .. Thats how it Usually goes
  21. You don't mess with the smuttiest smut lord of them all.
  22. Berry Berry Yum Yum,

It's funny how you went from calling me solid to calling me nitty in this thread after you did not like the responses.

Do me a favor, next time PLEEEEASSE make your silly play and silly hand more transparent you silly ginch.

I would appreciate a blumpy from your barney the dinosaur avatar ass next time we are in a pot.

Thanks,

Smut
    Raise