Originally Posted by nikotes View Post

Biometric mouse....

and live video feed of your face for your avatar.

I really like this idea. People are going to have to get over their "privacy issues" for online poker to take the next step and have any credibility.

Pokerstars used to check processes running, IP addresses logged into, etc. Some very boisterous people got so upset by it, that PS decided to cut the program. IMO it's worth losing a little privacy for a ton more security and integrity and the people that are most upset by it probably have something to worry about.

I mean, what really is the big deal? Just drop the horse pr0n while playing if that's a persons concern but otherwise I don't get why people get so worried, unless I'm right in that they probably have something to worry about. We need to start holding people accountable for their actions and one of the things that needs to happen with that is identifying people and their angels. Online poker needs to lose it's anonymity for it to ever be taken seriously.

This is not the peak guys. I've seen this game come from so far, but I am a believer that it could be as big as say, Golf, one of these days. If it loses steam though, and all the scandals don't help it, then it will never get there. The game will always be here, as it always has been, but it wont get HUGE HUGE unless we continue to promote it as an integrious endeavor so that it can appeal to the masses.
    Edited By: Nofx Fan Sep 1st, 2010 at 09:46 AM
    Reason: Erased "stars" in my post that I have no idea how got there after I posted
    Raise
    Add Nofx Fan to Rail
    Originally Posted by Nofx Fan View Post

I really like this idea. People are going to have to get over their "privacy issues" for online poker to take the next step and have any credibility.

Pokerstars used to check processes running, IP addresses logged into, etc. Some very boisterous people got so upset by it, that PS decided to cut the program. IMO it's worth losing a little privacy for a ton more security and integrity and the people that are most upset by it probably have something to worry about.

I mean, what really is the big deal? Just drop the horse pr0n while playing if that's a persons concern but otherwise I don't get why people get so worried, unless I'm right in that they probably have something to worry about. We need to start holding people accountable for their actions and one of the things that needs to happen with that is identifying people and their angels. Online poker needs to lose it's anonymity for it to ever be taken seriously.

This is not the peak guys. I've seen this game come from so far, but I am a believer that it could be as big as say, Golf, one of these days. If it loses steam though, and all the scandals don't help it, then it will never get there. The game will always be here, as it always has been, but it wont get HUGE HUGE unless we continue to promote it as an integrious endeavor so that it can appeal to the masses.

Ok, so are the poker sites going to front the money for every single person on their site to get webcams? Because if not, that idea doesn't work at all.
    Add rocksolid124 to Rail
    Originally Posted by rocksolid124 View Post

Ok, so are the poker sites going to front the money for every single person on their site to get webcams? Because if not, that idea doesn't work at all.

What if it was just for players playing $55 mtts/sngs or higher, $1/2 NL/PL or higher, 5/10 Limit or higher? (obviously the levels mentioned can be adjusted, webcams are cheap and come with most computers, but if worried this is an idea).. However, even though webcams are cheap, and I already have one, I would not want to play with a webcam.. There are times I just wouldn't want to be on camera when playing.. LOL @ the potential web cam bans when someone gets a bad beat.. How long would a ban be if you mooned the webcam?? ;)

The biometric mouse might be a better solution, not sure how much these cost.. The bigger problem is that this would have to be integrated into the software somehow and don't see the pokersites doing anything that will also cut down potentially on their bottom line.. Would still be able to play in my underwear though and not have to have my webcam on..
    Edited By: wackyJaxon Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    Raise
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by rocksolid124 View Post

I'm sure the poker sites could come up with some unique program to provide these free of charge. Deposit $200, receive a poker site approved cam and biometric mouse. Have a tiered payment system such as depositing $50 4 times, over 3 months or something like that.

Bottom line is that I believe this opens the door for so many more people to sign up knowing that their investment/play money will not be stolen from collusion, bots, etc...

This is the next step.
    Raise
    Add nikotes to Rail

I'm sure the poker sites could come up with some unique program to provide these free of charge. Deposit $200, receive a poker site approved cam and biometric mouse. Have a tiered payment system such as depositing $50 4 times, over 3 months or something like that.

Bottom line is that I believe this opens the door for so many more people to sign up knowing that their investment/play money will not be stolen from collusion, bots, etc...

This is the next step.

Even with the biometric mouse and webcam if some one uses a program to remote access into your pc you could be sitting in front of your PC mouse in hand and let them control the pointer.

Add Passiveplay to Rail
  6. im sorry but the biometric mouse and webcam idea is massively flawed, however sites like stars and tilt have functionality written into their client that can tell them exactly what programs the host pc is running, it was designed to detect illegal poker software such as sng wizard but will also tell them if remote access software is being used, the problem is they cant just ban software that has many legitimate uses

Raise
    Add Much__Bettor to Rail
  7. lol @ webcams. Then the pokersites will turn into fucking chatroulette. 5 guys touching themselfs, 2 Ashton Kutchers, 1 Jonas Brothers and one guy that's complaining about that theres no girls on this site.
    Raise
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  8. Lol at the Mouse and webcam ideas. That's an invasion of privacy it would be Much more reasonable if poker become government regulated where cheating would be felony grandtheft. The webcam special mouse idea is absurd tbh

Raise
    Add pikappraider78 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Much__Bettor View Post

im sorry but the biometric mouse and webcam idea is massively flawed, however sites like stars and tilt have functionality written into their client that can tell them exactly what programs the host pc is running, it was designed to detect illegal poker software such as sng wizard but will also tell them if remote access software is being used, the problem is they cant just ban software that has many legitimate uses

Explain how it's massively flawed since you didn't provide anything to back up your post.
    Add nikotes to Rail
    Originally Posted by ApesAreFun View Post

lol @ webcams. Then the pokersites will turn into fucking chatroulette. 5 guys touching themselfs, 2 Ashton Kutchers, 1 Jonas Brothers and one guy that's complaining about that theres no girls on this site.

lol exactly this. anytime you have webcams with somewhat anonymous people over the internet it always equals way more dick than you want to see.
    Add nemmylocks to Rail
  11. Add emptypockets to Rail
    Originally Posted by pikappraider78 View Post

Lol at the Mouse and webcam ideas. That's an invasion of privacy it would be Much more reasonable if poker become government regulated where cheating would be felony grandtheft. The webcam special mouse idea is absurd tbh

Is it an invasion of privacy when they document what resources you're running in the background? Is it an invasion of privacy when screenshots are taken, encrypted and sent back to the host? Is it an invasion of privacy when they ask for your SS# when depositing? Why would this be any different?

I'm completely against big brother monitoring and such when it comes to the government, but if a private corporation wants to protect it's customers and attract new customers what's better than having good security measures?
    Raise
    Add nikotes to Rail

lol @ webcams. Then the pokersites will turn into fucking chatroulette. 5 guys touching themselfs, 2 Ashton Kutchers, 1 Jonas Brothers and one guy that's complaining about that theres no girls on this site.

Slowroll, show actual nuts, show nut hand.

Add m_hawk_1 to Rail

Explain how it's massively flawed since you didn't provide anything to back up your post.

I can admit it if I'm wrong, but haven't heard any strong arguments against. I'm really kinda liking this idea, can you guys imagine what a BOOST this would give to online poker? Seriously, think of all the players who play just for recreation, or all the players who wont play because it's nothing like "regular" poker. I could just see this really taking off.

That said U.S. regulation is still the biggest issue, but these two combined could be huge. I'd trade every idea for just a respectable regulating authority though, something that could hold the sites, cheaters, and scammers accountable and introduce serious repercussions.
    Raise
    Add Nofx Fan to Rail
    Originally Posted by Nofx Fan View Post

I can admit it if I'm wrong, but haven't heard any strong arguments against. I'm really kinda liking this idea, can you guys imagine what a BOOST this would give to online poker? Seriously, think of all the players who play just for recreation, or all the players who wont play because it's nothing like "regular" poker. I could just see this really taking off.

That said U.S. regulation is still the biggest issue, but these two combined could be huge. I'd trade every idea for just a respectable regulating authority though, something that could hold the sites, cheaters, and scammers accountable and introduce serious repercussions.

What about disabled people who have lost the use of their hands? Hence, my camera mouse vid.
    Add emptypockets to Rail
  16. Disabled people play live poker, they can surely play online . I'm gonna see if there is a thread on this topic though. I find it interesting. Sorry if it derailed this thread at all though (not that it's not a trainwreck anyway :) )
    Edited By: Nofx Fan Sep 1st, 2010 at 06:05 PM
    Reason: edited in "they can surely play online"
    Raise
    Add Nofx Fan to Rail
    Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post

What about disabled people who have lost the use of their hands? Hence, my camera mouse vid.

butt cheeks on the scanner... I dunno maybe an iris scanner....
    Add nikotes to Rail

You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Add Scha to Rail
    Originally Posted by nemmylocks View Post

lol exactly this. anytime you have webcams with somewhat anonymous people over the internet it always equals way more dick than you want to see.

Speak for yourself, hotcakes
    Add kellykip to Rail
  20. wouldnt the site run crazy slow?
    Add Kennknee to Rail
    Originally Posted by Kennknee View Post

wouldnt the site run crazy slow?

The way the biometric scan works is on the initial scan the image is stored and the data is randomized with a unique identifier for security purposes. This is roughly 7.3 KB of data which would be 21 GB of data storage needed for 3 million accounts and about 60 Kb for data transmission. Each time you scan your finger it is compared to the original scan with the unique identifier, once a positive match is made the scan is discarded.

As for the live video feed, this does not need to be 100% live. A snapshot every 5 or 10 mins would be sufficient.
    Raise
    Add nikotes to Rail