[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. i usually find myself in these spots and make the wrong move. should i be thinking about shoving, r/c, or flatting then eval the flop? in most cases i shove and race but w/ 20bbs wasnt sure and also his flat seemed strong.

PokerStars Game #47181407656: Tournament #292817226, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVI (350/700) - 2010/07/23 18:28:51 PT [2010/07/23 21:28:51 ET]
    Table '292817226 15' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: a2dytr (39430 in chips)
    Seat 2: murmur666 (10370 in chips)
    Seat 3: Anar-RU (5335 in chips)
    Seat 4: labala1987 (25135 in chips)
    Seat 5: B-Money90 (15130 in chips)
    Seat 6: tsodas (13295 in chips)
    Seat 7: pR0kerKid (21490 in chips)
    Seat 8: 2bisAss (15008 in chips)
    Seat 9: jadampeas (10775 in chips) is sitting out
    a2dytr: posts the ante 85
    murmur666: posts the ante 85
    Anar-RU: posts the ante 85
    labala1987: posts the ante 85
    B-Money90: posts the ante 85
    tsodas: posts the ante 85
    pR0kerKid: posts the ante 85
    2bisAss: posts the ante 85
    jadampeas: posts the ante 85
    B-Money90: posts small blind 350
    tsodas: posts big blind 700
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to B-Money90 [As Ks]
    pR0kerKid: folds
    2bisAss: folds
    jadampeas: folds
    a2dytr: folds
    murmur666: folds
    Anar-RU: raises 700 to 1400
    labala1987: calls 1400
    B-Money90: raises 13645 to 15045 and is all-in
    tsodas: folds
    Anar-RU: calls 3850 and is all-in
    labala1987: calls 13645
    *** FLOP *** [Td 5d 8h]
    *** TURN *** [Td 5d 8h] [Ts]
    *** RIVER *** [Td 5d 8h Ts] [4s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    B-Money90: shows [As Ks] (a pair of Tens)
    labala1987: shows [7d 7s] (two pair, Tens and Sevens)
    labala1987 collected 19590 from side pot
    Anar-RU: shows [5c Kc] (two pair, Tens and Fives)
    labala1987 collected 17215 from main pot
    B-Money90 finished the tournament in 2176th place
    Anar-RU finished the tournament in 2177th place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 36805 Main pot 17215. Side pot 19590. | Rake 0
    Board [Td 5d 8h Ts 4s]
    Seat 1: a2dytr folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: murmur666 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: Anar-RU showed [5c Kc] and lost with two pair, Tens and Fives
    Seat 4: labala1987 (button) showed [7d 7s] and won (36805) with two pair, Tens and Sevens
    Seat 5: B-Money90 (small blind) showed [As Ks] and lost with a pair of Tens
    Seat 6: tsodas (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 7: pR0kerKid folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: 2bisAss folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: jadampeas folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Add bAllinOnAbudget to Rail
  2. I would call his raise.. then evaluate the flop. But thats just me
    Add stork9990 to Rail
  3. not a tricky spot at all, easy and standard shove in my book. It's more of a bad call on him w/ his midpair. You played it correctly imo.
    Add Superleggera to Rail
  4. v easy shove.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  5. ty for input much appreciated
    Thread StarterAdd bAllinOnAbudget to Rail
  6. Never flat here ez shove ul
    Add snowman2k6 to Rail
  7. yep, anything but shoving is pretty bad imo, very standard

Add nyy486 to Rail
    Originally Posted by snowman2k6 View Post

Never flat here ez shove ul

this

Add P33J to Rail
    Originally Posted by stork9990 View Post

I would call his raise.. then evaluate the flop. But thats just me

that's really really bad and shows some uhm a whole bunch of leaks tbh
    and please don't try to rationalize your style with "that's just me"
    I used to do that all the time like the whole "but poker can be played a lot of different ways, I don't have to go 'by the book'
    but that was honestly only hurting me. gl in the future though if you do take the game seriously.
    -bullet.
    Edited By: litlebullet Jul 24th, 2010 at 09:34 AM
    Raise
    Add litlebullet to Rail
  10. Hey all...first post ever, so here goes... i think shove almost all the time but since you mentioned you find yourself here a lot and wondering id thought I'd offer a lil extra...u are in a wierd chip stack amount where you unfortunately cant reraise to set the shorter stack in and have enough to fire a bullet at the flop vs Iabala and get away with some chips....but b4 shoving id evaluate what Iabala's history has been...has he/she smooth called w/ hands like qj,kj,k10, then released to reraises, or is he/she coming along no matter what...ex.:22 is not being laid down here....if I knew the latter for a fact I actually may call, being as he/she has u outchipped, do u want to flip RIGHT NOW for your tourn life??, knowing she's coming along....and if I didn't know any of this cuz the rebuy period just ended or whatever and I didn't have a gauge on her/him...shove. So my drawn out answer...shove here but maybe the other stuff is helpful...thanks for the oppurtunity for me to jump in the water here...
    Edited By: BDSPKRSTR Jul 24th, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    Raise
    Add BDSPKRSTR to Rail
  11. SHOVE EVERY TIME!

Add cracker9ball to Rail
    Originally Posted by cracker9ball View Post

SHOVE EVERY TIME!

You could obv raise/call vs some opponents jkjk

Add P33J to Rail
    Originally Posted by BDSPKRSTR View Post

Hey all...first post ever, so here goes... i think shove almost all the time but since you mentioned you find yourself here a lot and wondering id thought I'd offer a lil extra...u are in a wierd chip stack amount where you unfortunately cant reraise to set the shorter stack in and have enough to fire a bullet at the flop vs Iabala and get away with some chips....but b4 shoving id evaluate what Iabala's history has been...has he/she smooth called w/ hands like qj,kj,k10, then released to reraises, or is he/she coming along no matter what...ex.:22 is not being laid down here....if I knew the latter for a fact I actually may call, being as he/she has u outchipped, do u want to flip RIGHT NOW for your tourn life??, knowing she's coming along....and if I didn't know any of this cuz the rebuy period just ended or whatever and I didn't have a gauge on her/him...shove. So my drawn out answer...shove here but maybe the other stuff is helpful...thanks for the oppurtunity for me to jump in the water here...

Not this. Wager all of your chips. Risk your tournament life. 15k isnt even much of a "life" in this even if that was a legit argument
    Add BSherman2 to Rail
    Originally Posted by BDSPKRSTR View Post

Hey all...first post ever, so here goes... i think shove almost all the time but since you mentioned you find yourself here a lot and wondering id thought I'd offer a lil extra...u are in a wierd chip stack amount where you unfortunately cant reraise to set the shorter stack in and have enough to fire a bullet at the flop vs Iabala and get away with some chips....but b4 shoving id evaluate what Iabala's history has been...has he/she smooth called w/ hands like qj,kj,k10, then released to reraises, or is he/she coming along no matter what...ex.:22 is not being laid down here....if I knew the latter for a fact I actually may call, being as he/she has u outchipped, do u want to flip RIGHT NOW for your tourn life??, knowing she's coming along....and if I didn't know any of this cuz the rebuy period just ended or whatever and I didn't have a gauge on her/him...shove. So my drawn out answer...shove here but maybe the other stuff is helpful...thanks for the oppurtunity for me to jump in the water here...

sup man welcome to the forum. thx for the input forgot to include reads... this person was loose passive and liked to see a lot of flops flatting any suited cntrs and chasing draws all day. so it wasnt that tricky but im noticing a lot of ppl lately been flatting there to induce action w/ their big pocs.

Originally Posted by P33J View Post

You could obv raise/call vs some opponents jkjk

whoa you mite cause some one to tilt very hard bro lmao. gold
  15. Is this thread real?
    Add bigwillie20 to Rail
  16. iloseflips2424
    Add The Lab Rat to Rail
  17. isn't the $1R on stars a turbo? under the assumption it is, shoving is far and away the best move here
    Add satchmo to Rail
    Originally Posted by bigwillie20 View Post

Is this thread real?

no its fake... poor attempt at humor

Originally Posted by The Lab Rat View Post

iloseflips2424

lmao really tho... been losing a lot of them lately. he has very good stats btw