[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I was just looking at the payouts for the 5r SCOOP and if there are 29,701-33,000 entrants they are going to pay out 6,000 people. that is soooo many people... Also first is only going to be 8.5%. I guess its a massive field but i still feel like 10-12% makes sense.

not that this will affect me in any way, but still wtf.
    Add telks to Rail
  2. reduces variance in MTTs, imo.
    Add bluffslv to Rail
    Originally Posted by bluffslv View Post

reduces variance in MTTs, imo.

\ br variance maybe...pretty sure the variance on the felt stays the same no matter how stars pays people out...
    Add iatetheredcrayon to Rail
  4. Stars payouts suck across the board. Yawn

Add funnygut to Rail
  5. my bubble play is 5x the pressure, risks, flips on stars than on tilt.

fk mincashing imo

Add Appst08 to Rail
    Originally Posted by iatetheredcrayon View Post

br variance maybe...pretty sure the variance on the felt stays the same no matter how stars pays people out...

not true... variance is just in the simplest form, swings. It will be less swingy the more pay out. Long run your expectation will be the same tho i think thats what your trying to say
    Raise
    Add doubledave22 to Rail
  7. Thats not actually right though dave. Your EV is reduced by the flatter payout structure if you are better than average, given that you come in the higher positions more often than the average player (long run). Weighting payouts more towards the top places (which long run are occupied more often by the best players) plays into the hands of the better players in the long run. So although you cash more often and thus reduce variance, this comes with the expense of reducing your overall EV.
    Raise
    Add theslackman to Rail
    Originally Posted by theslackman View Post

Thats not actually right though dave. Your EV is reduced by the flatter payout structure if you are better than average, given that you come in the higher positions more often than the average player (long run). Weighting payouts more towards the top places (which long run are occupied more often by the best players) plays into the hands of the better players in the long run. So although you cash more often and thus reduce variance, this comes with the expense of reducing your overall EV.

^^this

Raise
    Add Manube to Rail