[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. For those who are already playing on sites like Bovada? Would this mean an increase in chance of getting payouts more quickly or chance of getting screwed? Just curious cause it seems like Bovada has "nothing to lose" since it will more than likely never obtain approval to be legally in the US.
    Add DannyInColorado to Rail
  2. gg bovada..*taps table*
    Add Gags30 to Rail
  3. In the long term no. But it could take years before that long term gets here. Players in states that have legalized ipoker may eventually get blocked from some of the offshore sites. That would obviously suck for those players, and to a lesser extent could cut into traffic on those sites. It's possible that enforcement will freeze these sites out of the US market, or that anticipation of this could reduce their traffic beyond what is sustainable. I think this is on the horizon of years though.

Add boneralert to Rail
  4. It seems like they could go either way. A) Try to compete for players via bonuses, faster payouts, etc. or B) Develop a "F*** All" mentality and just take off with the players monies. I'm also interested to see how "regulated" the sites the states will use since it's plain as day that anytime the government "regulates" they make a mess of things.
    Thread StarterAdd DannyInColorado to Rail
    Originally Posted by DannyInColorado View Post

For those who are already playing on sites like Bovada? Would this mean an increase in chance of getting payouts more quickly or chance of getting screwed? Just curious cause it seems like Bovada has "nothing to lose" since it will more than likely never obtain approval to be legally in the US.

I don't think it will really make much of a difference either way. For reasons too long and complex to get into, I don't anticipate the US government going after the sovereign Mohawk nation of Canada with much vitriol. They might seize a bank account here or there, but the Mohawks know they'll lose a few of those a year, and I'm sure they run their business with that fact in mind.
    Add shakhtar to Rail
    Originally Posted by DannyInColorado View Post

It seems like they could go either way. A) Try to compete for players via bonuses, faster payouts, etc. or B) Develop a "F*** All" mentality and just take off with the players monies. I'm also interested to see how "regulated" the sites the states will use since it's plain as day that anytime the government "regulates" they make a mess of things.

If you mean to say states like NJ than no. It will not make a mess of things IMO because in the NJ law they will not use out of state or out of country sites. All servers for the sites need to be located in Atlantic City and more easily accessible for regulation and oversight.
    Add William Jameson to Rail