[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. There weren't many, but I sent Thursdays tweets.
  2. done for Sunday,twice.I know,I need a life.
  3. Monday, May 7, 2012

In a piece in opposition to online poker, the Southern Baptist Convention said:

Originally Posted by Southern Baptist Convention

The pro-gambling lobby, however, remains undeterred. As one example, the Poker Players Alliance spent $1.4 million last year lobbying Washington power brokers in support of Internet gambling initiatives such as Rep. Barton’s bill, the Roll Call newspaper reported. This alliance, along with multiplied other gambling special interest groups, shows no intention of stepping away from the table this year either.

Yep....the efforts of the poker community are being heard by the opposition. And, they are right about this! We players have no intentions of stepping away from the table, so let's keep telling lawmakers to support our rights:

• Let's send House Subcommittee for Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade Chair Mary Bono Mack and the rest of the subcommittee tweets requesting a markup for HR 2366, the Online Poker Act: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. [Speed tip: Click these links with either your middle mouse button or CTRL + your left mouse button to open these in separate tabs. Or, use an add-on like Multi Links to do the same. Then, go tab-by-tab to knock them out.]
    • Let's send the Senate Indian Affairs Committee members these tweets: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
    • Let's keep posting and liking pro-poker comments to the Facebook walls of Senate Indian Affairs Committee members Sen. Barrasso HERE & HERE, Sen. Cantwell HERE, Sen. Hoeven HERE & HERE, Sen. Inouye HERE, and Sen. Murkowski HERE.
    • Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE, and let's share today's action on our own Facebook walls HERE.
    If you wish to do more today:

• Let's make and like pro-poker posts on the Facebook walls of Sen. Reid HERE, Sen. Kyl HERE, Rep. Boehner HERE, and Rep. Cantor HERE. Let's also post and like pro-poker comments to the Facebook walls of Subcommittee Chair Bono Mack HERE, House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton HERE & HERE, the Democratic Party Election Site HERE, the Senate Indian Affairs Committee HERE & HERE, and the House Commerce Committee HERE. There are new posts and comments to like since we did these as part of recent action plans.
    Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating!

Here's Paul “GiantBuddha” Hoppe explaining the value in these actions:

4. Done for Monday.
  5. Done.
  6. Done.
  7. Thanks Sheryl, GJ, and Eagle!

8. Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Let's keep telling lawmakers to support our rights!

• Let's send prefilled, editable tweets to Democratic lawmakers: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
    • Let's post and like pro-poker comments to the Facebook walls of some Congressmen in tough (or at least competitive) election fights this year: Rep. Charlie Bass HERE & HERE, Rep. Sean Duffy HERE, Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick HERE, and Rep. Patrick Meehan HERE.
    • Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE, and let's share today's action on our own Facebook walls HERE.

• Let's make and like pro-poker posts on the Facebook walls of Sen. Reid HERE, Sen. Kyl HERE, Rep. Boehner HERE, and Rep. Cantor HERE. Let's also post and like pro-poker comments to the Facebook walls of Subcommittee Chair Bono Mack HERE, House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton HERE & HERE, the Democratic Party Election Site HERE, the Senate Indian Affairs Committee HERE & HERE, and the House Commerce Committee HERE. There are new posts and comments to like since we did these as part of recent action plans.
    Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating! Here's Paul “GiantBuddha” Hoppe explaining the value in these actions:

9. It is done.

I appreciate all you do to make this easy Rich. Thank You. I just wish all online poker players could see the value of adding themselves to the list of Action Plan participants.
  10. Done.
  11. done for tues.
  12. Done.
  13. Friday tweets sent. I'm so damn slow.
  14. Wednesday, May 9, 2012

There have been reports that NJ Gov. Chris Christie is considering opposing NJ's intrastate online poker bill. Let's all tell him he ought to support this important legislation!

• Let's sent Gov. Christie a prefilled, editable tweet in support of New Jersey's proposed legislation (S 1565). Simply click HERE. Let's reach out via Facebook HERE as well.
    • Let's post and like pro-poker comments on the Facebook walls of some Congressmen in tough (or at least competitive) election fights this year: Rep. Judy Biggert HERE, Rep. Robert Dold HERE, Rep. Jim Renacci HERE, and Rep. Jon Runyan HERE.

• Let's make and like pro-poker posts on the Facebook walls of Sen. Reid HERE, Sen. Kyl HERE, Rep. Boehner HERE, and Rep. Cantor HERE. Let's also post and like pro-poker comments to the Facebook walls of Subcommittee Chair Bono Mack HERE, House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton HERE & HERE, the Democratic Party Election Site HERE, the Senate Indian Affairs Committee HERE & HERE, Rep. Charlie Bass HERE & HERE, Rep. Sean Duffy HERE, Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick HERE, and Rep. Patrick Meehan HERE, and the House Commerce Committee HERE. There are new posts and comments to like since we did these as part of recent action plans.
    Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating! Here's Paul “GiantBuddha” Hoppe explaining the value in these actions:

15. Wednesday done! :)
  16. It is done.
  17. Done. :)
  18. Last weekend tweets sent.
  19. I have to post this so people won't think that I died or just quit. However, I was sick, so some of these were late; but I finally did Friday, the weekend, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I must have liked hundreds of Facebook posts during that process.

Please remember that when you're asking someone to do something, showing disrespect is counterproductive. Posts to Facebook should be respectful.
  20. Monday tweets sent.

Got all the tweets done up to Wednesday.
  21. Well done Halstad, Mike, Sheryl, Eagle, GJS, and everyone who participated today!
    Edited By: TheEngineer May 10th, 2012 at 07:17 AM

22. Thursday, May 10, 2012

There have been reports that NJ Gov. Chris Christie is considering opposing NJ's intrastate online poker bill. Let's all keep telling him he ought to support this important legislation!

• Let's sent Gov. Christie today's prefilled, editable tweet in support of New Jersey's proposed legislation (S 1565). Simply click HERE. Let's continue to reach out via Facebook HERE as well.
    • Let's send prefilled, editable tweets to GOP leadership: HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.
    • Let's send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE, and let's share today's action on our own Facebook walls HERE (and please "like" this Facebook page).

• Let's make and like pro-poker posts on the Facebook walls of Sen. Reid HERE, Sen. Kyl HERE, Rep. Boehner HERE, and Rep. Cantor HERE. Let's also post and like pro-poker comments to the Facebook walls of Subcommittee Chair Bono Mack HERE, House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton HERE & HERE, the Democratic Party Election Site HERE, the Senate Indian Affairs Committee HERE & HERE, Rep. Charlie Bass HERE & HERE, Rep. Sean Duffy HERE, Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick HERE, Rep. Patrick Meehan HERE, Rep. Judy Biggert HERE, Rep. Robert Dold HERE, Rep. Jim Renacci HERE, Rep. Jon Runyan HERE, and the House Commerce Committee HERE. There are new posts and comments to like since we did these as part of recent action plans.
    Please reply in this thread with "tweeted", "done", etc. to encourage others. Thanks for participating!

23. Booked & Tweeted.
  24. Done. Man, it's been a while since I've posted on P5's.
  25. Done for Thursday
  26. Done. Gonna be a rough day. Tis the season to clean out the garage so I can fit the car inside. Yippie.
  27. Done. Hope your clean-up day went well, sajeffe :)
  28. Friday, May 11, 2012

Let's keep telling Congress to support poker!
    • Let's make and like pro-poker posts on the Facebook walls of Sen. Reid HERE, Sen. Kyl HERE, Rep. Boehner HERE, and Rep. Cantor HERE. Let's also post and like pro-poker comments to the Facebook walls of Subcommittee Chair Bono Mack HERE, House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Fred Upton HERE & HERE, the Democratic Party Election Site HERE, , NJ Gov. Chris Christie HERE, the Senate Indian Affairs Committee HERE & HERE, Rep. Charlie Bass HERE & HERE, Rep. Sean Duffy HERE, Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick HERE, Rep. Patrick Meehan HERE, Rep. Judy Biggert HERE, Rep. Robert Dold HERE, Rep. Jim Renacci HERE, Rep. Jon Runyan HERE, and the House Commerce Committee HERE. There are new posts and comments to like since we did these as part of recent action plans.

Edited By: TheEngineer May 11th, 2012 at 08:40 AM

29. Tweeted 5 randomly on the list.
  30. Sent my letters out. Bump for supportage. TY!