After a day off on Monday, the Poker Masters Online resumed play on Tuesday at partypoker. On the schedule were two events, Event #19: $1M Gtd [NLH, 8-Max] and Event #20: $500K Gtd [NLH, 6-Max]. Between the two, $2.785 million in prize money was up for grabs. Stealing the show was Pauli Ayras, who was victorious in one of the events for his second Poker Masters Online title.
Ayras Wins Event #19 for $548,625
Less than a week ago, Ayras won Event #6 of the Poker Masters Online for $303,421. On Tuesday, he scooped the Event #19 title and picked up another $548,625 in prize money. The win also marked the fifth cash of the series for Ayras and moved him to the top of the Poker Masters Online Championship Leaderboard.
The win gave Ayras the second largest Poker Masters Online score to date, behind only Jason Koon’s recent win of $549,000.
Event #19 drew a field of 77 entries. With a buy-in of $25,500, a prize pool of $1.925 million was on offer. Ayras defeated Sam Greenwood in heads-up play, and then it was David Peters finishing in third place.
Event #19 Results
- Pauli Ayras – $548,625
- Sam Greenwood – $375,375
- David Peters – $259,875
- Luuk Gieles – $173,250
- Matthew Wantman – $134,750
- George Wolff – $105,875
- Guillaume Nolet – $91,437.50
- Bartlomiej Ryszard Machon – $81,812.50
- Justin Bonomo – $77,000
- Andras Nemeth – $77,000
O’Dwyer Wins Event #20 for $269,013
Steve O’Dwyer topped the field in Event #20 to win $269,013.16. He topped a field of 86 entries to get the victory.
Finishing in second place was Peters, who had just finished in third place in the other Poker Masters Online tournament of the day, Event #19. This score gave Peters $167,700 for a total on the day of $427,575.
A notable finish was had by Jorryt Van Hoof, who took fifth for $53,750. The result was notable because it gave Van Hoof his eighth cash on the series, which is the most to date.
- Steve O’Dwyer – $269,013.16
- David Peters – $167,700
- Jake Schindler – $103,200
- Guiseppe Iadisernia – $75,250
- Jorryt Van Hoof – $53,750
- Dario Sammartino – $36,550
- Artur Martirosian – $27,950
- Ali Imsirovic – $27,950
- Eelis Parssinen – $27,950
- Adrian Mateos – $23,562.28
- Joni Jouhkimainen – $23,562.28
- Michael Addamo – $23,562.28
The Poker Masters Online Championship Standings will track the performances of players in the series in order to determine an overall winner. Points are awarded based on finishing position in the events, and the overall champion will receive a $50,000 cash prize and be awarded the Poker Masters Purple Jacket.
Here are the Poker Masters Online Championship Standings top 10 after the ninth day of play.
- Pauli Ayras -722 points
- Alexandros Kolonias – 592 points
- Artur Martirosian – 590 points
- Jorryt Van Hoof – 585 points
- Timothy Adams – 584 points
- Andras Nemeth – 581 points
- Luuk Gieles – 579 points
- Eelis Parssinen – 565 points
- Alex Foxen – 501 points
- Justin Bonomo – 496 points