Sunday brought the final day of the Poker Masters Online tournament series, and the virtual tables at partypoker were full of exciting high-stakes action as the festival came to a close. The $51,000 Main Event awarded a $1.097 million first-place prize and Alexandros Kolonias won the final event to win the Championship Leaderboard and Purple Jacket.
Entering the final day of play, 28 events from the 30 scheduled had been completed and Artur Martirosian was sitting atop the Championship Leaderboard by nearly 100 points. Although Martirosian managed a fifth-place finish in the final event of the series, it was Kolonias who won the final tournament to take first place overall. Martirosian finished second on the Championship Leaderboard, while Linus Loeliger, who won the $51,000 Main Event for $1.097 million, was third on the overall standings.
Loeliger Wins Main Event for $1,097,250
Loeliger’s win in the $51,000 Main Event gave him his second tournament title of the series. The first event he won was Event #18 and he took that one down for $325,318. This time, Loeliger won $1.097 million.
The Poker Masters Online Main Event drew a field of 77 entries to create a prize pool of $3.85 million. The top 10 spots finished in the money, with Loeliger ultimately defeating Giuseppe Iadisernia in heads-up play. Christopher Kruk rounded out the podium with a third-place finish.
Main Event Results
- Linus Loeliger – $1,097,250
- Giuseppe Iadisernia – $750,750
- Christopher Kruk – $519,750
- Steve O’Dwyer – $346,500
- Ole Schemion – $269,500
- Elias Talvitie – $211,750
- David Peters – $182,875
- Kahle Burns – $163,625
- Conor Beresford – $154,000
- Vicent Bosca Ramon – $154,000
The win gave Loeliger 658 points towards the Championship Leaderboard race, but that was only enough to push him to 1,037 total and that wasn’t enough to claim the top spot.
Kolonias Wins Event #30 and Purple Jacket
Coming into Sunday, Kolonias was fourth in the overall standings for the Poker Masters Online Purple Jacket and 134 points behind Martirosian in that race. Both reached the final table of the very last event of the series, Event #30: $500K Gtd [NLH, 6-Max], but it was Kolonias was proved best on this day. Not only did Kolonias finish ahead of Martirosian, but he went on to win the tournament, earn $367,782.76 in prize money, and conquer the Championship Leaderboard to win the Purple Jacket and $50,000 championship prize.
In the final event, Kolonias topped a field of 146 entries to take home the lion’s share of the $1.46 million prize pool. The top 18 spots paid, with Kolonias beating Jason McConnon in heads-up play.
Event #30 Results
- Alexandros Kolonias – $367,782.76
- Jason McConnon – $248,200
- Mark Demirjian – $175,200
- Mustapha Kanit – $124,100
- Artur Martirosian – $91,250
- Christopher Kruk – $60,590
- Pascal Lefrancois – $45,990
- Samuel Vousden – $45,990
- Mark Radoja – $45,990
- Hossein Ensan – $31,390
- Mark Davis – $31,390
- Dan Shak – $31,390
- Alexander Ivarsson – $26,789.54
- Benjamin Heath – $26,789.54
- Chris Hunichen – $26,789.54
- Connor Drinan – $26,789.54
- Steve O’Dwyer – $26,789.54
- Orpen Kisacikoglu – $26,789.54
Kolonias ended with 11 cashes across the series, including two victories (Event #7 and Event #30), one second-place result (Event #14), and two third-place finishes (Event #22 and Event #27). Kolonias’s results allowed him to amass 1,191 points, which was 143 points ahead of Martirosian in second place.
With 11 cashes, Kolonias tied for the most across the entire series. Timothy Adams, who ultimately ended in fourth overall on the Championship Leaderboard, also cashed 11 times across the festival.
Topping the Championship Leaderboard gave Kolonias the Purple Jacket and $50,000 in prize money.
Final Championship Standings
- Alexandros Kolonias – 1,191 points
- Artur Martirosian – 1,048 points
- Linus Loeliger – 1,037 points
- Timothy Adams – 861 points
- Ali Imsirovic – 857 points
- Andras Nemeth – 807 points
- Pascal Lefrancois – 782 points
- Paulis Ayras – 748 points
- Alex Foxen – 736 points
- Steve O’Dwyer – 732 points