1. Playing again part time

Safe to say, I'm currently a losing player and just not interested in uploading money anymore. Simply because I'm busy with life and don't have the time for long session tournaments.

Last week, I opened up my email to find an 888 offer to get me back on the tables. FREE $3.00!

I may be a losing player at the moment simply because I have been playing games that I can't afford. It's like Win, Win, LOSE BIG, Win, BROKE.

With the $3.00 I got from 888. I decided it to play it safe and just grind it out in the 50/50 micro games. At the moment, I am up at around $15.00. Mind you, I've only been playing a game here and there through out the days.

My current plan is to continue to grind it out on these 50/50 games at 40 cents and a $1. When I do get that frisky feeling (that I try to avoid) to play big, I find my self on a $3.00 50/50 table.

Current goal: Reach $150.00 to jump up in stakes.

I look forward to updating ya'll as I slowly work towards this.

Anyone face or had faced similar issues?
    Add AllinCow to Rail
  2. First off, congrats on admitting you are a losing player. It's an extremely difficult thing to do and most people don't admit it. It shows a level of maturity and that you have the capacity to turn things around. Every great player (literally all of them) were awful at one point, not to say that you are THAT bad. I think it's great that you are taking advantage of this opportunity to build a bankroll with no money on the line and your plan is decent. However, rather than pat you on the back and send you on your way I prefer to leave you with my advice:

Don't set $ Goals. This idea that you will grind your way from $3 to $150 is very romantic and "sounds good". It is not. Your goals should not be $ oriented. They should be driven by your improvement and performance of a game and stake. I don't know much about the 50/50's but I am assigning you some homework and it is due within one week. What are the crushers at 50/50's doing? What % of the time are they winning those? Also, what is a decent win rate at those games? I expect you to posted what you find back to this thread. Once you have good information about that, then we can talk about goals. Putting a $ figure of 150 could be selling yourself short or unattainable for several months. I have no idea. Either do you. Let's figure it out.

Add negrealanu to Rail
  3. Hey Neg,

Good news, I still have a bankroll that is currently floating around the twenties now.

Bad news is, I was never really good with home work. I did look into the 50/50 games looking for players that are doing well. I would search up players in levels I'm playing at, and that I commonly come across. I would only look at their last 100 games or so in double and nothing. Every player below a win rate of 60% was either breaking even our losing pretty much.

It would seem that a decent win rate would be around 65% - 70%.

From September 20, 2017 – September 29, 2017. I’ve only played 31 DONs (50/50). I’ve cashed in 25 of them and lost 6.
    25/31 = 80% <--- I think. lol. that's just to give you an idea.

Lately I've been mixing it up in these micro stakes.
    Thread StarterAdd AllinCow to Rail
  4. That's good data and I hope you see value in the exercise. It's good to know that based on your current sample size you appear to be performing well and have a good chance at beating the game. With that said, that's a really small sample size and could be weighted towards good table draws, hand distribution, etc. Without seeing your database I can't really speculate one way or the other. I think an achievable goal that you could set now would be to up your volume with the goal of hitting 65%-70%. You're going to want to perform a few experiments around multi-tabling. I'm not sure if you multi-table at all, but that is going to be something to explore; finding out your win rate at 1 table at a time, 2 at a time, ...6? This of course is going to require you to buckle down and grind. This is what beating a game looks like. This is how success "comes".

Add negrealanu to Rail
  5. Just keep yourself in the game. I'm not a winning player at this point by any means (probably due to habitual shot-taking) but I did manage not too long ago to run up a $6 freeroll win into ~$3.5k. If this losing player can manage that then anyone can. I need to work a lot on bankroll management among other things but even when I'm way down I have to remind myself that at least I have put myself in position to possibly be successful (aka bink?). The only way you're guaranteed to never win is to never play, so just keep yourself in the game. GL
    Add Blisstoff to Rail
    Originally Posted by Blisstoff View Post

Just keep yourself in the game. I'm not a winning player at this point by any means (probably due to habitual shot-taking) but I did manage not too long ago to run up a $6 freeroll win into ~$3.5k. If this losing player can manage that then anyone can. I need to work a lot on bankroll management among other things but even when I'm way down I have to remind myself that at least I have put myself in position to possibly be successful (aka bink?). The only way you're guaranteed to never win is to never play, so just keep yourself in the game. GL

I'm not really clear on the advice you're offering here. Just keep playing? There has got to be more to it than that, right? Maybe you can share your story of how you ran it up from $6 to $3.5k and then went busto. I think a lot of lurkers and active posters on here would get a lot of value from the lessons you learned.

Add negrealanu to Rail
    Originally Posted by negrealanu View Post

I'm not really clear on the advice you're offering here. Just keep playing? There has got to be more to it than that, right? Maybe you can share your story of how you ran it up from $6 to $3.5k and then went busto. I think a lot of lurkers and active posters on here would get a lot of value from the lessons you learned.

Haha... Love your posts you are doing a great service to others here
    Edited By: RackyJobinson 1 Week Ago at 09:00 PM
    Add RackyJobinson to Rail
    Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post

Haha... Love your posts you are doing a great service to others here

Appreciate that bro. I definitely try to provide thoughtful responses, which isn't always easy. Sometimes it requires me to run situations in tools, even when I don't want to construct ranges on villains over and over again. Sometimes it forces me to do research on databases or defending ranges that I should be self-motivated to do. When I look back at a lot of my old 2+2 posts and the way I analyzed situations in the past, I'm embarrassed by my lack of diligence. Glossing over things or making generic statements doesn't help anyone. The guys and gals that have the courage to put themselves out there on this forum will always gain the most. I will always respect posters that show vulnerability and are able to say that they think they may have approached a spot wrong. And I will always challenge (sometimes politely, sometimes with judgement) those that make statements to which we have no actionable next steps.
    Edited By: negrealanu 1 Week Ago at 05:19 AM

Add negrealanu to Rail
  9. wow sounds nice
    Add samui to Rail
  10. Yeah, I've been pretty much single tabling it. Just playing safe and working up that bank roll slowly. I'm now floating around the 50's with the help of some pf 888's promotion scratch cards and free rolls. I'm definitely going to look into the multi tabling as soon as every day life isn't so busy and I can focus more on playing the game. I'm just taking it easy and some what studying the game at the moment.

The key thing I've been working on is staying with in my limits and pulling away when i'm not winning. Regroup and play again later. Something that I was never good at before, would just tilt and keep playing in a gambling fashion. Sloppy play.
  11. Hey bliss,

I understand what your saying about the bank roll thing. It can get very repetitive playing low stakes when your looking for a big score. But in reality, so far playing with in your limits has been working for me so far. A big score will eventually happen I think, just gotta keep a healthy bank roll and continue to study the game and apply what you learn as you go.
    Originally Posted by AllinCow View Post

The key thing I've been working on is staying with in my limits and pulling away when i'm not winning. Regroup and play again later. Something that I was never good at before, would just tilt and keep playing in a gambling fashion. Sloppy play.

That's good discipline. Keep up the strong mental game. Many a talented player has lit his bankroll on fire by consistently playing in their B or C game. And definitely keep a log or spreadsheet on your performance when you start multi-tabling. I know for a fact that my ROI has a huge drop off when I go above 4 tables, so very rarely will I exceed that amount.
    Edited By: negrealanu 6 Days Ago at 07:53 PM

Add negrealanu to Rail